ConQuesT 46 - GRRM Editor GOH - Kansas City, MO - May 22-24, 2015

The lines for the GRRM and Sanderson signings were effing ridiculous. There must be have been like half or more of the entire convention waiting in both lines. I think there needs to be a new policy of first edition hardcovers going first and no, I'm only half-joking.

I defintely recommend eating at the Pork and Pickle when you all are at the airport. The pork sliders are delicious. I had a great time hanging with you all. See you in August!

I am home! (WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!)

I can't thank my brethren enough for all of the help and good company I got this weekend. Thank you all so much for coming around and lending a hand while I was working.

Con Report:

Friday:

Fight with airlines that reduced me to tears and nearly made me cancel trip. Only the presence of the mighty TMoW in Kansas City made me go back into the airport and find a flight. Arrived around 2.

Upon arrival realized I left almost everything for the bid table on my sofa by the front door. Once again TMoW got me out of my tree and proposed an easy and practical solution.

Unloaded stuff for the party thanks to fen from Kansas City. Seriously, they brought me everything from purple, green and gold party cups to a crock pot, rice cooker and can-opener. LIFESAVERS.

Found Ser Lany and Frisco and OER and beniowa and I had a great dinner with some lovely beer. The Maid of the Woodlynne organized us. I was so excited about having a CHOICE of hoppy beers that the waitress brought me samples to help me make up my mind. I had the Brats and pretzel. Nice dinner.

Went to room parties and met some really nice people. KC16 is going to be fun.

Got aggravated with the elevator system.

Saturday:

Up early (930) and had "breakfast" at the bar at 11. Set up the table and chatted with Helsinki and Dublin bids. Answered a THOUSAND questions and got some great positive feedback. Had a breakdance fight with San Jose rep. They didn't have a table or a party this con. Just a rep. It was good-natured (I totally won though).

Went to a panel at 4 on the Fermi Paradox. It was well run and I talked to the host later. He's coming to our little Con in New Orleans in October. CONtraFlow.

Set up for the party. Party was a success, thanks to my BwB. I was alone and we were mobbed. Ashaya, Frisco, Ser Knight Sommerville, TMoW, Lany, OER and Mr. Raven made sure I had ice and more hurricane mix all night. THANK YOU!!!!!

Had to shut down and throw people out around 2:30. We were beat and traffic had thinned.

I cleaned up and went to one party after.

Sunday

Woke up late Sunday, set the table up for a couple of hours. Picked up my AWESOME ART from the silent auction started packing out.

The KC fen brought me 4 boxes of party supplies. Seriously, these are such nice people and they thought of absolutely everything.

We wrangled the BwB together and ate at one of WWfor Ninja's suggestions for dinner. BRGR. The best hamburger I have eaten in 7 years. The kind of hamburger that drips to your elbows while you are eating it. Elbows people. Elbows.

Cocktails were nice too. 4 blocks from hotel and the price point was around $9-$11 for food. Some of us had to leave on Sunday. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WE MISSED YOU A LOT! :grouphug:

Back to the room for GoT viewing party and frame by frame critique hosted by TMoW. She found some FUNNY SHIT in that episode. I missed half the analysis because of smoking. Fuck smoking. It is taking me away from my friends.

I drank the Helsinki rep under the table. (Don't scoff, I'll do it to ALL Y'ALL). Made a new friend there too, he totally hung with our dead dog party and helped consume the leftover beer. Late flight today.

Good time, people. Thanks to you. Thanks to all of you.

The lines for the GRRM and Sanderson signings were effing ridiculous. There must be have been like half or more of the entire convention waiting in both lines. I think there needs to be a new policy of first edition hardcovers going first and no, I'm only half-joking.

Really? I felt like it took no time at all, I don't think I was in it for more than 30 minutes.

We wrangled the BwB together and ate at one of WWfor Ninja's suggestions for dinner. BRGR. The best hamburger I have eaten in 7 years. The kind of hamburger that drips to your elbows while you are eating it. Elbows people. Elbows.

Damn, now I really wish I had stayed (well, that and the frame-by-frame critique in particular). I passed by that place and considered going there for lunch, too!

Awesome that you did win the auction! And "got aggravated with the elevator system" is a good description.

I had a great weekend, too. I had fun hanging out with everyone, and enjoyed the panels that I went to. I particularly loved the religion & magic panel with Brandon Sanderson, Tom Trumpinski, and others that I went to on Friday. It was, of course, fun to hear GRRM and Sanderson read, too. Plus I got to ask GRRM another question!

I definitely need to plan to leave on Monday next time instead of Sunday.

Archived