War of 5 Queens?

Chebyshov

I've seen a lot of mentions of the upcoming "War of 3 Queens" (based on LF's comment), but I'm wondering if the realm may well have a War of 5 Queens coming, especially given GRRM's love of symmetry? Either way, I've come up with a list of 8, but who do you think are the likeliest contenders? And did I miss anyone?

• Dany
  • Cersei
  • Sansa
  • Margery
  • Myrcella
  • Arianne (through Aegon)
  • FAyra
  • Asha

I've seen a lot of mentions of the upcoming "War of 3 Queens" (based on LF's comment), but I'm wondering if the realm may well have a War of 5 Queens coming, especially given GRRM's love of symmetry? Either way, I've come up with a list of 8, but who do you think are the likeliest contenders? And did I miss anyone?

• Dany

Cersei

Sansa

Margery

Myrcella

Arianne (through Aegon)

FAyra

Asha

Lady Melisandre :)

Lady Stoneheart or she doesn't count since she isn't well "living"

to add to the list?

I think it will happen. I would say

Asha

Arianne

Margery

Cersei

Dany

I feel like Sansa won't be involved, unless this starts when Littlefinger is alive, and she is used as his pawn (hopefully not though)

nope. Three. Not time for more. And Myrcella is likely one of them because prophesy says she will become queen then die as a queen.

The three queens conflict is brewing right now. It is a direct result of the trials of Cersei and Margery, and the arrival of Aegon in Westeros, as well as the Dornish revenge mission. It is unclear at this point who will marry Aegon but IMO the most likely scenarios are this:

Cersei

Margery (Tommen) or if Margery and/or Tommen dies then Sansa

Myrcella (Aegon - marrying Myrcella gives him the throne without a fight as well as Dorne's support, while marrying Arianne gets him only Dorne and would force him to fight for KL)

Or if Tommen dies and Dorne goes against Aegon then

Cersei

Margery or Sansa (Aegon) - Margery may not survive her trial and Sansa's already married though.

Myrcella (Trystane)

Cersei

Dany

Marg

Arianne

Shireen-Shireen has a better chance to be queen than her mom

Selyse already is a queen. Of course, she isn't and isn't going to be a ruling queen since she has no claim herself - while Shireen is her father's heir so she would be queen regnant.

The others who are or could be ruling Queens are Dany, Myrcella, Asha (of the Iron Islands), Sansa (in the North - but her claim comes after Bran and Rickon) and a long shot, Arya (has a claim to the North but after Bran, Rickon and Sansa, and it's also unlikely for other reasons).

By The Old Gods and The New, we do need some new threads, so thank you, LOL

I do still wonder what Littlefinger's Three Queens relates to: could be Cersei vs Marg, backed up by Queen of Thrones, or...is it Cersei vs Marg, with LF alluding to his knowledge of the Dany situation and plots by Varys and company in that regard. Still, LF loves the sound of his own voice so much, and thinks he's spectacularly amazing, and may never explain himself.........so I'm all for working on your 5 Queen scenario.

I'd say:

Cersei

Marg

Dany

Selyse acting for Shireen, or for Stannis, in his absence and her last news of him, LOL

Arianne with Aegon

Just for speccing purposes, LOL

nope. Three. Not time for more. And Myrcella is likely one of them because prophesy says she will become queen then die as a queen.

The three queens conflict is brewing right now. It is a direct result of the trials of Cersei and Margery, and the arrival of Aegon in Westeros, as well as the Dornish revenge mission. It is unclear at this point who will marry Aegon but IMO the most likely scenarios are this:

Cersei

Margery (Tommen)

Myrcella (Aegon - marrying Myrcella gives him the throne without a fight as well as Dorne's support, while marrying Arianne gets him only Dorne and would force him to fight for KL)

Or if Tommen dies and Dorne goes against Aegon then

Cersei

Margery or Sansa (Aegon) - Margery may not survive her trial and Sansa's already married though.

Myrcella (Trystane)

It's clear that Arianne is the one who will be marrying Aegon in the case of Dorne/Aegon alliance. And this alliance may very well depend on Arianne, since Doran is suspicious of Aemon's legitimacy.

Marrying Myrcella would give him the crown without fight about as much as marrying Sansa made the Northmen eager to give the North to Tyrion. If Aegon married Myrcella, Cersei would react the same way Cat and Robb reacted to the news of Sansa's marriage, and the fight would be even worse, if Cersei has anything to say about it. And I don't see why the Dornish, who want revenge, would support Aegon if he married a Lannister/"Baratheon" while leaving them out. Seems like a recipe to get them on Dany's side. And it doesn't even make sense for his supporters - his claim is based on the Targaryen claim and the idea that Robert was a usurper; if he has a claim, Myrcella doesn't, so why would he bother marrying her. If her claim is right, then his is not, and he can only be her consort.

It's clear that Arianne is the one who will be marrying Aegon in the case of Dorne/Aegon alliance. And this alliance may very well depend on Arianne, since Doran is suspicious of Aemon's legitimacy.

Marrying Myrcella would give him the crown without fight about as much as marrying Sansa made the Northmen eager to give the North to Tyrion. If Aegon married Myrcella, Cersei would react the same way Cat and Robb reacted to the news of Sansa's marriage, and the fight would be even worse, if Cersei has anything to say about it. And I don't see why the Dornish, who want revenge, would support Aegon if he married a Lannister/"Baratheon" while leaving them out. Seems like a recipe to get them on Dany's side. And it doesn't even make sense for his supporters - his claim is based on the Targaryen claim and the idea that Robert was a usurper; if he has a claim, Myrcella doesn't, so why would he bother marrying her. If her claim is right, then his is not, and he can only be her consort.

Why clear?

Myrcella is the better move for both Dorne and Aegon.

For Dorne, it means they can maintain their suspicions and are not tied to someone forever who they are not sure is authentic.

For Aegon it means he doesn't have to do ANYTHING ELSE to win the throne.

What Cersei does is try to stay in power, sure. But she has burned all her bridges and has no allies. The Tyrell alliance will not survive the trials. Cersei will have no choice but to accept Aegon.

Why clear?

Myrcella is the better move for both Dorne and Aegon.

For Dorne, it means they can maintain their suspicions and are not tied to someone forever who they are not sure is authentic.

For Aegon it means he doesn't have to do ANYTHING ELSE to win the throne.

What Cersei does is try to stay in power, sure. But she has burned all her bridges and has no allies. The Tyrell alliance will not survive the trials. Cersei will have no choice but to accept Aegon.

How? The Lannisters aren't going to make peace with him and give him Myrcella. If he uses Myrcella as a hostage and marries her, that wouldn't bring the Lannisters into an alliance with him any more than forcing Sansa into a marriage with Tyrion made Robb and Cat and the other northern houses loyal to the Starks want an alliance with the Lannisters. The Lannisters would hate him even more.

If the Lannisters are so weak that they are unable to win a war against Aegon, then why would he need to marry Myrcella at all?

He gains absolutely nothing by marrying Myrcella - their claims are incompatible, and he and the Lannisters are going to be enemies as long as he claims to be Rhaegar's son and is trying to get the Iron Throne - and the only thing he could accomplish would be to alienate the Targaryen supporters, including the Dornish. They have been waiting for revenge against the Lannisters; why would they support a pretender to the throne who is marrying a Lannister/Baratheon, instead of a Martell?

I doubt a war so massive will happen in the last two books but I would love if it did.

I think the symmetry comment makes sense. But perfect symmetry would mean Lannister(Myrcella & Cersei)), Renly(Margaery), Baratheon(Shireen), Greyjoy(Asha), King in the North(Sansa).

This is nearly impossible though. Dorne would have to find out Aegon VI is fake, destroy him, and try to install Myrcella as Queen after the Tyrells murder Tommen and try to install Margaery. Then Euron's horn sucks away a dragon or two, Asha somehow returns and usurps Euron. Dany saves land from whitewalkers but dies doing so. Shireen as a puppet regime ran by Melisandre.

Myrcella/Margaery/Sansa/Shireen are all plausible, Asha is a bit out there considering she is Stannis' hostage.

But overall, I think the story is about Jon-Dany-Aegon far too much to have them ousted from this War of Five Queens.

Archived