Beric Dondarrion the under rated badass..

Gendrys Forge

First of all, that name... Beric Dondarrion, just say it, how epic does that sound? Now really, Ned Stark chose him to be the one to go after the mountain in the first place, that speaks highly of his skill right there already. Then he takes on the fookin hound like its another day, I realize he knew he could be reawoke, but still. Then he goes on to match the hound and even edge the fight for a while. Granted, the hound was scared of his flaming sword, but a scared hound is a dangerous thing, and beric still holds his ground. Its only after a long fight, with his blade on fire, fanning the flames that it becomes so hot and soft that the hound can cut through it and into him.

I never really appreciated this guy fully until now, but he is a boss. What other epic deeds has he done?

Yeah he got killed by bloody gregor twice, I believe the first time he dies was to gregor. Seems to me in this story Gregor is basically an unstoppable monster unless you have special tactics and training like RV. My point there was, out of all the people Ned could have picked, he sent Beric to deal with the biggest monster since the others walked the continent.

Archived