GOODKIND X: Lemmings of Discord

Moosicus

If gerbils are indecisive, they deserve to die. The wisdom of Kahlan has shown us this. An undisclosed hamster can carry out the sentence... no, hamsters are just too cute to be the bad guys.

By the way, my copy of Phantom arrived yesterday - yay! At first I thought I was doing a noble thing by saving some other poor innocent from the words of TG, but now I realise that what I've actually done is caused TG to get more money, as any other potential winner will now go out and buy the thing, which I would never have actually done... as my penance, I think I'll have to read it. Pity me.

Those puppies are commie scum

True, and Jesus let himself get killed for a bunch of strangers. What a stupid douchebag. Richard would have kicked Jesus' ass and ripped out his spine. Then he would have nailed him to a cross with nothing but his piercing raptor-like gaze.

By the way, what with all this prostitute-murder and killing of neutral half-brother allies, I forgot to mention how great that Objectivist Carol was, especially the roving eyes. Great work! :lol:

I really, really wish I hadn't read that.

I really can't believe that I have read that before. I must have been very numb when I read these books...or I've just put them that much out of my mind for obvious reasons.

I wanna see that scene defended. Not the portion of the message of Objectivism it's meant to convey (whatever the hell it's supposed to be, I'll just accept that it's there), but how a scene such as that could possibly ever help someone learn to be a better person. *shudder*

What? You didn't learn the valuable lesson that torturing and murdering prostitutes for your own gratification is wrong?

I guess I want someone to explain why torturing and murdering prositutes has to be the example that we're beat over the head with time and time again. :P

Rats would also be animals of Evil and Discord. Perhaps we could have a quote from WFR about how Denna was trained to be a Mord-Sith. Rats play a little part in that.

Though, if Richard ever decided to train new Mord-Sith, then I guess rats would be good. He hasn't, so rats remain evil for the moment.

By the way, the Scrooge parody is so true. On another board a self-described Libertarian (who also happened to admire Ayn Rand) once posted an article written by some Libertarian think tank about how Scrooge was an upstanding pillar of society as a banker (they wouldn't say usurer), how his loans allowed people to make investments to the enrichment of everyone (no word about prohibitive interests) and how Scrooge had the right to choose his own path to happiness by collecting money (no word about him not being happy as a miser). (Paraphrased from memory.)

Well, you wouldn't really see how evil Drefan was unless you got a lurid description of how he murders hookers. Cuz damn it, he's evil! If anyone ever deserved a hand-assisted spine-eotomy, it was this guy.

It's a beautiful example of how Yeardi cannot deal with shades of gray in his writing: if someone is against Richard (even secretly), they typically have to be horrible people, and TG will have passages that wallow in all the horrible things that they do. Then Richard comes along, and BAM! Comeuppance to the bad guy, either in murder (Drefan, the raping Imperial centipede), speeches (damn D'Harans, not fighting for freedom), or most likely, a combination of the two (Imperial people in Altur'Rang, the stupid fuckin hippie people of Bandakar).

This is kind of like a strawman argument (which TG also uses), except it happens with SoT characters. I think the term is "bad writing".

PS

Silk is satin, satin is silk.

Arrows are bolts, bolts are arrows.

PPS

The sexiest sentence in the history of spoken language: "Gently but deliberately, she squashed her firm breasts against him."

maybe I've been thinking about this too much , but the Sky blue eyes that are wide and innocent looking may be TG trying to tug our heart strings:

What is innocent and cute - big wide baby blue eyes (awwww)

who is evil - Defran

therefore the Whore (who is a good little capitalist making money from her assests) is Good - shown through her business attitude and Big Blue eyes... making our anguish at her murder/torture/rape all the more profound...

or maybe not.

That QotD was just fucking wrong. I feel really really soiled having read it.

No wonder people think this stuff shouldn't be read by kids. It also shouldn't be read by anyone who has recently ingested food. Jesus Christ! WTF is wrong with this guy? Can't TG take up some sort of hobby that would be healthier for the world? Like kicking puppies?

I'm seriously disturbed right now. Yeeeeeeeeesh.

All Richard's half-siblings, both from his mother's AND his father's side, appear to be total psychopaths. Add to that Richard and his father Darken Rahl and grandfather Zedd, we have even more psychopaths. It's certainly one messed up family, or at least the male side is. Now, I've been wondering if this Jennsen the half-sister (the one with the goat) is sane or not, but there's no way I'm going to endure through a Goodkind book to find it out.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Now, I've been wondering if this Jennsen the half-sister (the one with the goat) is sane or not, but there's no way I'm going to endure through a Goodkind book to find it out.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Jennsen is about as sane as anyone in these books is likely to get. Meaning, she doesn't torture/rape/murder anybody, but she has been known to hear voices.

Archived