GOODKIND X: Lemmings of Discord

Moosicus

hehehehe, Moose, just to add a coupla future QOTDs:

How about Nicci deciding to toast random war hero friend of Jagang chap for no reason? Or Kahlan's vicious crusade on the Imperial Order's serving wenches and cooks in Faith of the Fallen? Or, one of my personal favorites: Cara defending the heroes totally in the nude.

Also, does anyone else think the Order would croak from sheer laughter at Kahlan's idiotic plans?

QOTD :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

OK, nothing unusual here - many examples of terrible writing and little imagination... and the usual quota of contradictions and obsurdities.

TG has created an impeccable fighting centipede that has NO discipline in its camp??? Sorry, but any organised fighting force (by nature) has an organised camp.... TG truly is an uneducated, unread fool.

I remember playing RPGs with other 13/14 year olds that were far superior to this scene - why? Because we did some research and used our brains.

TG should REALLY get hold of some Bernard Cornwell and study how to write a battle scene well... you know, with coherance, excitement and a study of how things work in the real world...

sweet meats are brains aren't they?

brains count as Offal, sweet meats is usually a term used to describe Testicles - which if cooked nicelky can be quite tasty.

The only thing I can think of is that against an individual such as Richard the fighting centipede fails, but against naked ghosts it's effective.

With a sound like a boy running past a picket fence with a stick in hand, the chain scythes being pulled at a full charge reaped a snapping of bone that meshed into a long, clacking roar.

Alright, this is the most ridiculous simile in the history of literature. I'm not even willing to entertain discussion on this point.

“He was hurt, by the Mother Confessor. I mean, by you. Before.†His voice trembled. “When you were…alive.â€

“Where is he!â€

He winced, shaking his head vigorously. “I don’t know, great spirit!

Again, in the "heat of battle" this white paint nonsense was bad enough, but now they're interrogating people inside a tent and they still think they're ghosts? Come on.

As if the average druken soldiers being scared of the "spirits" isn't bad enough, at the end one of the D'Haran officers is absolutely terrified of Kahlan, and he's right in front of her, close enought to tell that she's just naked and covered in white stuff. But there he is cowering in fear of the "Great Spirit".OOOooooooOOOooOoOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I guess there weren't enough white sheets to go around for all the men to dress like ghosts.

edit: Zadok beat me to it.

brains count as Offal, sweet meats is usually a term used to describe Testicles - which if cooked nicelky can be quite tasty.

I didn't need to know that.

Again, the Yeard's power of description amazes me...

"They were generally the only reference points in the disorderly layout, so the fires of destruction caused little concern, except in the immediate area"... next, the weather from D'Hara.

I'm glad to see that my weird fascination with the sentence containing the phrase "reference points" was shared by someone else.

Perhaps it's an homage to "Ethel the aardvark goes quantity surveying"?

I thought brains were called "sweetbreads" in the euphemistic language of offal, or is that something else? The words for different parts of offal always sound so nice, but I'm not eating a pancreas, even if you do call it "lights." Unless it's in a sausage and I don't think about its origins.

ETA - just checked, actually sweetbreads are the pancreas, and lights are lungs. In case you were wondering.

You know, the interesting thing is that this whole discussion about eating internal organs is still waaaaaaaaay more appetizing than reading the QotD :)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that someone, naked, covered in flour could be intimidating and scary. It's just not happening for me. It really isn't. Maybe I'm just not able to properly appreciate just how scary Kahlan looks?

You know, the interesting thing is that this whole discussion about eating internal organs is still waaaaaaaaay more appetizing than reading the QotD :)

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that someone, naked, covered in flour could be intimidating and scary. It's just not happening for me. It really isn't. Maybe I'm just not able to properly appreciate just how scary Kahlan looks?

You're forgetting she's wearing her confessor's face. That makes all the difference ya know

Did that scene remind anybody else of another scene in another book:

"Is there gold hidden in the village? Silver? Gems?"

"Where is Riggs"

It makes me think of Lethal Weapon, for some reason... Isn't that the guy's name in that movie? It's been a really long time since I saw any of those movies, so I can't remember.

But yes, it is kind of frightening how Kahlan is killing off unarmed prisoners for shits and giggles.

Incidentally, I'm with the person who wasn't sure whether we were supposed to like or dislike the character for killing the whore in the previous QotD. For a little while it seemed like our sympathies might have been supposed to go either way. I'm not sure exactly what it was that tipped it over (and I'm not about to make my brain hurt more by re-reading that thing), but I did find it interesting that it's so hard to tell the good guys and bad guys apart, based on the actions, given that things are supposed to be so crystal clear and stuff.

I've just noticed that we are approaching the 400-post mark! Quick, we need a new subtitle for part XI!

"The naked hordes of erect spirits"?

"Dragons and chickens and gars, oh my."

"I want you to enjoy it too."

"The scent of Rose."

"Everybody get naked FTW!"

"The art of warring and whoring."

"Gang rape unto others...."

What was that quote that Drefan said to Kahlan in one of the Kahlan Is A Whore QotDs? The one about "You know you can't resist this filthy perversion"? That might be a good one.

I liked "Dragons and chickens and gars, oh my!" btw :rofl:

Sweatbreads - my mistake on the sweetmeats 9which are small cake/pastry/blancmange type thingies)

:lol: That's not a mistake you want to make too often!

What was that quote that Drefan said to Kahlan in one of the Kahlan Is A Whore QotDs? The one about "You know you can't resist this filthy perversion"? That might be a good one.

I liked "Dragons and chickens and gars, oh my!" btw :rofl:

"I knew it," he breathed. "I knew it. I knew you would finally give in to your filthy perversion."

~TG (BBNC), Temple of the Winds.

GOODKIND XI: Give in to your filthy perversion.

that works for me.

Archived