Small questions v.10082

Angalin

But if they are bastards of Rhaenyra and Harwin Strong, they cannot be called Strong because they are bastards...ah, nevermind, too confusing. But thanks!

That is true, but the boys were legally called "Velaryon", since Ser Laenor Velaryon was their legal father.

See it as the following scenarion: Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen are called Baratheon, since Robert Baratheon is legally speaking their father. However, Jaime Lannister is their actual father. Should Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen be in the situation of Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffrey Velaryon, they would be called Lannister bastards, just as Jace, Luke and Joff were called Strong bastards, after their actual father, Harwin Strong.

Strong bastards is just another way of saying "Bastards of House Strong".

Lord Grandison’s castellan had once made that error. Humfrey Wagstaff was his name; a proud old man of five-and-sixty, with a nose like a hawk and a spotted head. The day they were betrothed, he warned Brienne that he would expect her to be a proper woman once they’d wed. “I will not have my lady wife cavorting about in man’s mail. On this you shall obey me, lest I be forced to chastise you.”

Does this mean that Humfrey Wagstaff was 65 years old when he was betrothed to Brienne, or in the present (300AC)?

Does this mean that Humfrey Wagstaff was 65 years old when he was betrothed to Brienne, or in the present (300AC)?

I would read that to mean he was 65 at the time of the betrothal.

If a user of the wiki cannot be found on the forum with their wiki-username, does that mean that they have changed their usedname since joining the forum? And is there any other way to contact them than placing something on their talk page?

Yes, they will have changed their username. As RumHam said, the only way to really find them is looking at username history

ETA: On the subject of House Stokesworth, I looked on the wiki and noticed that Falyse and Lollys' father isn't listed as commander of the City Watch, just a member of their House. Am I misremembering, because I though Cersei said he was the former LC of the City Watch?

Never mind, found it and I'm wrong

I think that's an actual name, I know there were two characters on The Wire with that last name.

I once knew a guy whose last name was Kartoffelkopf, which means potato-head in German. For real.

Some of the secret crawlways had turned out to be so small that Jaime had needed pages and stableboys to explore them. A passage to the black cells had been found, and a stone well that seemed to have no bottom. They had found a chamber full of skulls and yellowed bones, and four sacks of tarnished silver coins from the reign of the first King Viserys.

Some of the gold Ser Tyland had hidden? :)

It's in her first chapter in Storm of Swords.

Is there an index somewhere that lists character pov's by book and chapter? I have kindle editions and the chapters just have numbers. There is an x ray guide but a full listing would be handy.

Archived