Small questions v.10082

Angalin

Is there an index somewhere that lists character pov's by book and chapter? I have kindle editions and the chapters just have numbers. There is an x ray guide but a full listing would be handy.

Yup, Tower of the Hand has a breakdown of all chapters by POV, and a summary of each one.

Is there an index somewhere that lists character pov's by book and chapter? I have kindle editions and the chapters just have numbers. There is an x ray guide but a full listing would be handy.

The wiki of Westeros has such a page as well, with links to all the summaries.

awoiaf.westeros.org click on summaries on the right side of the page.

Who could the six people claiming Rosby be? And in what book did the mysterious ward of Gyles Rosby show up?

The ward

Perwyn Frey

Lollys Stokeworth (with Bronn pressing the claim)

Tyrion Tanner (with Bronn pressing the claim)

the others I don't know

The ward himself is never seen, but mentioned in Feast and, IIRC, Dance

has it actually been proven instead of hearsay or speculation

It is only mentioned that a kraken has been reported to have been sighted.

Did Aegon I only have two children? I can only.think of Aenys (From Rhaenys) and Maegor (from Visenya). Is that all? No other sons? No daughters? Or.am I missing something?

Aegon had several daughters with Rhaenys, but only one son with Visenya. Maegor married one of the daughters Aegon had with Rhaenys, a girl of 16 or 17 years when Maegor himself was only 13.

Reports from the reading covering this subject reported 2 or 3 daughters (no one was certain anymore). With the leaked information from the World book, I'd say 2 daughters would be a safe bet, not 3.

Besides Maegor and Aenys, there were no other sons.

Ok, thanks :) And do we know what happened with the other daughter? (or daughters) and what their names were?

We know no names (yet, though I suspect that the World Book will tell, either by the way of the family tree, or otherwise in text). We don't know what happened with them. It would make sense if the second daughter married a Velaryon (perhaps Daemon's son?), as a consolidation for Daemon having died in the Conquest. Or otherwise, a marriage to a son of Orys, so the bloodlines of Valyria will stay together.

The girl who married Maegor remained married to Maegor (poor girl). It isn't known yet if she was one of the wives who he executed (but he did execute some of them when they failed to provide him with heirs).

Why did JonCon join the Golden Company if this mercenary group is known to e very related to the Blackfyre rebellions, and therefore, has a pinch of anti-Targ in it?

The anti-Targ by then was gone, there were on Blackfyres leading the GC. Also, as far as sellsword companies go, the GC has the best reputation, the most honourable reputation. JonCon was a man of honour and glory, and both could be gotten in the GC, even after his exile.

Was Theon left handed? He was a famous archer but he thinks he can no longer use a bow.

If you are right handed, you held the bow with your left hand and draw the string with your right (using the forefinger and middle finger/ring finger/both, depending on your technique).
Ramsay removed only the pinky from his right hand, and he lost the two fingers necessary to pull the string (forefinger and ring finger) from his LEFT hand...

1.Arya POV, from the old dwarf woman: "I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings". What does that refer to? I guess man without a face= faceless man, drowned+seaweed= house greyjoy/ironborn. But what with the crow? The Watch? Any interaction between them and the Greyjoy?

2. What's the deal between Edmure and singer? Doesn't seem like he hates music like Tom said. Is it a personal thing?

1.Arya POV, from the old dwarf woman: "I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings". What does that refer to? I guess man without a face= faceless man, drowned+seaweed= house greyjoy/ironborn. But what with the crow? The Watch? Any interaction between them and the Greyjoy?

2. What's the deal between Edmure and singer? Doesn't seem like he hates music like Tom said. Is it a personal thing?

1. The man without a face most likely is indeed a Faceless Man, hired by Euron Greyjoy, or Crow's Eye, to kill Balon Greyjoy, but to make it look like an accident. The crow on the FMs shoulder would then be Euron, who hired the FM.

2. Edmure would become a man by sleeping with a girl, but he had drunk so much that he wasn't able to perform. Tom of Sevenstreams slept with the girl instead, and to make matters worse, he wrote a song about it, a song about a floppy fish. Edmure has hated all singers ever since, but reserves a particular hatred for Tom, it seems.

1) Was Roose Bolton already married to Fat Walda when he was in Harrenhall?

2) Does Arya know Joff and Twyin are dead?

1. Yes, he receives letters from her there

2. Probably. IIRC, she learns of Joff's death while she is still with the Hound. About Tywin I'm not certain when she learns (cannot search for it right now), but she knows, I think.

1. Euron's nickname is "Crow's eye". It refers to him hiring a Faceless man to assassinate Balon. Taking a bit further in speculation, the seaweed might symbolize the driftwood crown that this act essentially won him.

2. Once Edmure got drunk and couldn't do his job with a girl on a feast, and Tom O Seven's bedded her instead. Afterwards, Tom made a song about Edmure's floppy fish.

ETA: and, ninja'd by Rhaenys.

Archived