[Book Spoilers] Is anyone recording reactions for the duel aftermath?

I got a text from a friend that he was having the worst night ever -- first the Blackhawks lost, then Oberyn's dead and WTF Tyrion lost his trial.

And that was just gruesome the way they killed Oberyn. I could barely watch it.

This is the best response ever to this episode, taken from the misc forums.

I'm fuking fuming right now. I hate this show so badly. It's brought no joy in my life all it's brought is agony. Wat a bullshyt ending. Back in season 1 I backed my boy Ned Stark and that neckbeard decides to kill him off. It stung but I got over it and I started backing his son Robb. He was younger, hotter than his dad and had a direwolf on his side so I figured it was a trade-up. Then that POS GRRM kills him and his whole family off in the most brutal way possible at a fuking wedding and then to add salt on a womb we see that sick shot of his body on his direwolfs head. Wat kind of fuked up human being thinks up stuff like that. I was devastated after last season. The Starks who represent everything that is good in this world were in shambles. Bran is going to like antarctica. Sansa is having a borderline pedo relationship in the moon door castle and Arya has been walking around for like 3 seasons doing jackshyt. I used to like Daenerys because she has banging titties and dragons but nope she's too busy playing judge judy in a pyramid rather than fuking shyt up in king's landing. Instead of showing us any of that we get painful friendzone scenes with Jorah every episode that reminds me of my high school days. Who the fuk am I supposed to root for in this show? Ok you bring in Prince Obrien this season and I was balls deep into him the minute they introduced him. He kinda looks like me and was an alpha fighter and lover and had some cheeky lines. I was rooting for him hard to become the king but nope that neckbeard writes him the most gruesome sickening death ever. Why couldn't he have just died in 5 seconds atleast the pain wouldn't have been so bad nope you gotta have him die that way. WTF is wrong with this show. Just when I think I was gonna make it this show takes everything I love and face fuks it to death. Great maybe we'll get more scenes with that phaggot mountain character who has an IQ comparable to shweezy (my sports misc boys know wat i'm talking about). Meanwhile the POS Lannister and Tyrell family gets away unscathed again. So many lucky bounces going Tywin and Cersei's way I hate them so fuking badly. My golden son Jamie in captured by Robb Stark? Oh look his beta mom sets him free. About to get fuked in the blackwater by Stannis? Nope Tywin puts in a last minute cheat code and in come the Tyrell's with unlimited ships and money to help save the day. How do I get rid of Robb Stark in season 3? I'll just scheme some hail mary play with Roose and Waldy to kill off all the Starks at a wedding without losing a single person on my side. My grandson Joffrey gets poisoned. No big deal we'll have his younger, more aesthetic, kinder, smarter brother become King and not a single fuk was given. Oh about to have the mountain killed and my shady as fuk past revealed in King's Landing? Naw at the last minute Prince Obrien is slaughtered and I just moonwalk away again without a scratch. I hate this show and I'm done with it. And from the preview next week it looks like my boy Jon Snow is gonna get fuked up by the wildling army next week. dfw the most likeable character left on the show is Stannis Baratheon who has a swag rating of 14/100. I swear by season 7 this show will basically be the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys holding gay orgies in King's Landing while Stannis and Davos conjure up a plan every episode to fuk them up but at the last minute it gets fuked up like the Pinky and Brain. Fuk that neckbeard GRRM. Fuk this show. Fuk the misc and all of you.

This is my first time posting so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I saw someone mention "For The Watch" being in the next season, do you really think it'll show it that early? I wasn't expecting that until the season after next years!

It strikes me as something that will take place at the end of a season, and I can't see them waiting until the end of the 6th out of what is planned to be 7 seasons.

I'm fuking fuming right now. I hate this show so badly. It's brought no joy in my life all it's brought is agony. Wat a bullshyt ending. Back in season 1 I backed my boy Ned Stark and that neckbeard decides to kill him off. It stung but I got over it and I started backing his son Robb. He was younger, hotter than his dad and had a direwolf on his side so I figured it was a trade-up. Then that POS GRRM kills him and his whole family off in the most brutal way possible at a fuking wedding and then to add salt on a womb we see that sick shot of his body on his direwolfs head. Wat kind of fuked up human being thinks up stuff like that. I was devastated after last season. The Starks who represent everything that is good in this world were in shambles. Bran is going to like antarctica. Sansa is having a borderline pedo relationship in the moon door castle and Arya has been walking around for like 3 seasons doing jackshyt. I used to like Daenerys because she has banging titties and dragons but nope she's too busy playing judge judy in a pyramid rather than fuking shyt up in king's landing. Instead of showing us any of that we get painful friendzone scenes with Jorah every episode that reminds me of my high school days. Who the fuk am I supposed to root for in this show? Ok you bring in Prince Obrien this season and I was balls deep into him the minute they introduced him. He kinda looks like me and was an alpha fighter and lover and had some cheeky lines. I was rooting for him hard to become the king but nope that neckbeard writes him the most gruesome sickening death ever. Why couldn't he have just died in 5 seconds atleast the pain wouldn't have been so bad nope you gotta have him die that way. WTF is wrong with this show. Just when I think I was gonna make it this show takes everything I love and face fuks it to death. Great maybe we'll get more scenes with that phaggot mountain character who has an IQ comparable to shweezy (my sports misc boys know wat i'm talking about). Meanwhile the POS Lannister and Tyrell family gets away unscathed again. So many lucky bounces going Tywin and Cersei's way I hate them so fuking badly. My golden son Jamie in captured by Robb Stark? Oh look his beta mom sets him free. About to get fuked in the blackwater by Stannis? Nope Tywin puts in a last minute cheat code and in come the Tyrell's with unlimited ships and money to help save the day. How do I get rid of Robb Stark in season 3? I'll just scheme some hail mary play with Roose and Waldy to kill off all the Starks at a wedding without losing a single person on my side. My grandson Joffrey gets poisoned. No big deal we'll have his younger, more aesthetic, kinder, smarter brother become King and not a single fuk was given. Oh about to have the mountain killed and my shady as fuk past revealed in King's Landing? Naw at the last minute Prince Obrien is slaughtered and I just moonwalk away again without a scratch. I hate this show and I'm done with it. And from the preview next week it looks like my boy Jon Snow is gonna get fuked up by the wildling army next week. dfw the most likeable character left on the show is Stannis Baratheon who has a swag rating of 14/100. I swear by season 7 this show will basically be the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys holding gay orgies in King's Landing while Stannis and Davos conjure up a plan every episode to fuk them up but at the last minute it gets fuked up like the Pinky and Brain. Fuk that neckbeard GRRM. Fuk this show. Fuk the misc and all of you.

I am also happy to see since Dany has nice banging boobs that is why he liked her hahahha

Oh, right, thanks for replying! I just thought considering everything that happens on the Wall, in Kings Landing, at Winterfell, on The Iron Island, in Dorne annnnd in Meereen it just seems like a lot to put into next season unless they take most of Winds of Winter into season 6 apart from For The Watch.

I don't know, maybe that's just me wanting to delay that scene for as long as possible!

I have a friend who will be watching today, have his reaction tomorrow, but he is sure that Oberyn will win, because it means Tyrion lives.

"for the watch" will likely be the cliff hanger next season. Books 6 and 7 will likely be seasons 6 and 7, so at the end of next season the show will be even with or past the books.

I'm thinking Jon boy will become a fast favourite with the next two episodes and next season so "for the Watch" should bring excellent reactions. Another family member of House Stark and 'The Good Guy' being repeatedly stabbed...yep, that will be classic.

Since there is not a 'Unsullied friends thoughts and predictions' thread then I will just use this one.

My friend is getting annoyed with all the characters being killed...wonders how Westeros is even populated.

Can't be bothered with the Reek stuff.

My sister is in love with him and thinks he will find Dany and take back the iron throne. She thinks he will kill the mountain and accuse Tywin and Cercei of Joffrey's murder because she thinks they killed him to get Tommen on the throne because he's easier to manipulate. I feel sad for her. She has this whole scenario of Tyrion racing to get Dany and coming back with Dragons to kill Littlefinger and save Sansa from molestation. And somehow she thinks Arya is going to join the Nights Watch and become Lord Commander while Rickon becomes King of the Wildlings. I have no idea how any of this makes sense, but i will be calling her in a few hours to listen to her cry about the love of her life getting his face crushed.

She thinks Bran will turn out to be a wizard and that Sam will kill his father somehow and give Gilly his Castle. I tell her to write fanfiction, because i want to read the one about Sam killing his father in single combat.

Poor thing LOL, offer her my condolences XD

Blegh, probably the most gruesome thing the show's ever done.

My jaw dropped and i felt a bit numb afterwards, kinda like Tyrion's reaction. And I couldn't feel my arms for a good 15 minutes. :cool4:

And tonight i'm watching it again with my mother...Ugh.

I got a text from a friend that he was having the worst night ever -- first the Blackhawks lost, then Oberyn's dead and WTF Tyrion lost his trial.

:lol:

Well, I was cheering for the Kings, won a trivia quiz, had nice dinner and got another episode of GoT... I dare say my evening was awesome... until I got to the last three minutes of last night's episode...

[snip]

That one is just glorious. :lmao:

In related news, Otaku Assemble usually does a live review the very same night the episode airs. This time we got this twitter post instead:

"No "Game of Thrones" episode review tonight. I'm too upset right now & don't want to deliver a subpar review...."

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that this one hit the Unsullied rather hard.

Archived