[Book Spoilers] Is anyone recording reactions for the duel aftermath?

I just got the chance to re-watch with my Unsullied husband (his first viewing) and he lost it beyond what I was expecting. He literally got up, cursed out GRRM and refused to watch next week until I swore that his favorite 3 or 4 characters would survive the season. I was expecting surprise and dismay, but he was completely outraged. I was actually kind of proud to be there to witness this ASOIAF right of passage.

Ugh, I just can't participate in the schadenfreude on this one. The RW reactions I could find funny because I really hated Robb on the show. But I love Oberyn so much, and his death was so gruesome, I just can't find the funny this time.

I don't know how many of you are also Walking Dead fans, but after 4 seasons of that, you'd THINK I would be really kinda desensitized to all the gory disgusting SOUNDS human heads make when they are gored, crushed, chopped, poked and stabbed. But no. NO. Nothing prepared me for that scene not even having read it and knowing it was coming. I can't imagine what all the unsullied Oberyn fans must have done. I would love to see some video reactions. I am sure it still wan't quite the dramatic freak out we saw with the Red Wedding but man, there's still some good reactions there even from us book fans! I'm still in shock. I think I'll go back to watching weeks of walker heads being smashed instead. :(

That's what I told a friend afterwards: I have watched all of TWD but this was the most horrific, nauseating, disgusting thing I have seen.

It says something when even us Sullied are reacting like this. I was in quite a state after the end of the ep.

My flatmate says she was one of the fans that were sure that Oberyn would die because he was so likeable and everybody loved him. She herself was kind of indifferent to the character, I think, but still she absolutely freaked out: she started screaming and, in fact, she covered her face most of the time and so we had to rewatch it! Then for a whole day she was traumatised and would whisper "Oberyn..." everytime she heard the words "head", "eyes" or anything similar :laugh:

I have another friend who was ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with Oberyn: I think it was her favourite character in the show so far, and she certainly wasn't expecting this. She told me she actually cried when she saw it and that she's finding hard to move on :laugh: :laugh:

I don't blame any of them: I knew what was coming and still I was completely horrified at the scene and in the verge of tears.

PS: I'm becoming quite addict to this reaction videos. My flatmate won't allow me to tape her, but I hope to see lots of reation videos to Lady Stoneheart :)

Eh, I don't find reaction videos that funny. they're getting old already. sure the red wedding video was a novel, but seriously is this trend going to last throughout all the show? Was there a reaction video when Lysa dropped? Like will people care enough to react once Tyrion offs Shae?

To me the reaction videos are great and if I was GRRM I would watch them all and use them as inspiration to get the next book out. The passion and general emotion his writing has envoked is amazing and he should be smiling from ear to ear.

that post made me laugh soooo hard....especially " by season 7 this show will basically be the Lannisters/Boltons/Freys holding gay orgies in King's Landing "

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That is fucking hysterical, along with the Stannis swag rating!!

Awesome! But I couldn't watch past the first ten or so without having to turn it off…I can (and have) watched the Red Wedding and Ramsay's torture over and over again without breaking a sweat, but that squelching sound…

The sound effects for this episode were some of the best I've ever heard, period. The wildlings in the brothel when Gilly is below and Oberyn's screams and the skull for sure!

I for one couldn't look since the moment he gets the fingers in the eyeballs... UGH! I was shocked for like 2 minutes and then cheered because it was awesome!

Then I've got a friend who had read the books until SoS and she liked it so much that recorded the last two minutes and says that the best part was the head-exploding... Sick bastard!

We were talking about it and an unsullied friend heard us say that someone was going to die. His first reaction was: please tell me is not any of the Starks! Oh god it can't be Sansa. And then: I hope it is Stannis! I mean that was kind of my same reaction when I was reading the books... Please don't kill more Starks, please don't!

Like will people care enough to react once Tyrion offs Shae?

I've been reading the totally Unsullied forums and their speculation. You have NO IDEA how much that scene is going to cause THEIR heads to explode. Almost every single speculation from the Unsullied seems to include a statement such as "I really hope that Tywin doesn't kill Shae in front of Tyrion."

Let that sink in a bit, a common concern for them is that Tyrion will have to watch Tywin kill Shae. I've invited my Brother-in-Law over for a GoT dinner for the explicit purpose that I want to watch him watch that scene.

I've been reading the totally Unsullied forums and their speculation. You have NO IDEA how much that scene is going to cause THEIR heads to explode. Almost every single speculation from the Unsullied seems to include a statement such as "I really hope that Tywin doesn't kill Shae in front of Tyrion."

Let that sink in a bit, a common concern for them is that Tyrion will have to watch Tywin kill Shae. I've invited my Brother-in-Law over for a GoT dinner for the explicit purpose that I want to watch him watch that scene.

I love how you're inviting people over to "trap" them. I think you're the best person. If I tried that, my friends wouldn't believe me. They're so suspicious! lol ;)

Hahaha this is awesome.

I just got the chance to re-watch with my Unsullied husband (his first viewing) and he lost it beyond what I was expecting. He literally got up, cursed out GRRM and refused to watch next week until I swore that his favorite 3 or 4 characters would survive the season. I was expecting surprise and dismay, but he was completely outraged. I was actually kind of proud to be there to witness this ASOIAF right of passage.

Just out of curiosity: Who are your husband's favourites? Better not be Tywin, Shae and Jon... ;)

Edit: Are we going to have a "What your friends and families thought" thread this week, or has it been "merged" with this one?

It's been pointed out that what the Burlington bar is doing--hosting public viewings of a pay cable TV show (as opposed to private viewing parties at someone's house)--is not actually above board. I wouldn't be surprised if HBO brings the hammer down. AMC has done that in the past with unauthorized public showings of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.

Archived