Sansa Stark: waisted potential?

hey everyone. i'm new here so if a thread about this topic already exists, i apologize.

i really don't like what GRRM is doing with sansa.

1. she is always such a passive character. by that i mean that she rarely if at all does anothing (regardless of whether it is usefull or not). In her POVs, she either serves at a pair of eyes and ears or other characthers interact with her.

Her ONLY large or strong moment that I can think of is when she wants to throw herself and joffrey off that bridge at the end of AGOT (thats when i started to like her); or when she saves dontos. In the show, she at least gets to do something from time to time (like at the PW when she hands tyrion joffrey's cup), even if it is a small (yet pivotal) gesture (i don't remember how it happened in the book).

2. she is still portrayed as a relatively dumb person with little common sence (even up to AFFC). granted, she had begone to think a bit after littlefinger takes her "under his wing" but it just doesn't seem enough (yet). It was a nice surprise that she figured out who and how killed joffrey right after she meets petyr on the ship (in the show).

personally, i like sansa. i can't help but sympathise with her but i want to like her for more than just thinking "poor sansa" whenever i read her chapters or watch her scenes.

that's how i see it at least. i'm sure some of you can find other moments in which she is more active i still think GRRM could've done a lot more with her.

Archived