(Spoilers) The History of the Westerlands

Yeah Ellyn Reyne sounds like a real piece of work and I understand why Tywin had to do what he did but slaughtering widows and the children, I don't get that it's so much overkill.

I hope we get info on Casterly Rock other than that I'm not that too interested in the Westerlands' history or any Lannister besides Tyrion so eh.

But it sounds like such great work

It wasn't really about ellyn, it was more about taking back control from Tytos. And the reynes had retreated into their mines being arrogant.

Ellyn was dealt with at Tarbeck Hall before the destruction of the Reynes. She and others were thrown from the tallest towers.

Ah, okay. Thought as much already...

But there has been some confusion on that, it seems. There was talk that the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion happened during Egg's reign. Was it Egg's reign, or the war leading to Maekar's death?

Tytos apparently sucked completely. Was there no one around to reign him in/help him? What about his younger brother, that Jason Lannister guy? Didn't he do anything?

OneEyedRaven,

now I'm really confused. Who is this Tion Lannister who was slain by Maelys? He can't have died during the War of the Ninepenny Kings if his death caused Tytos' rise to Casterly Rock, because the War of the Ninepenny Kings apparently happened during the same time/shortly before Tywin finally dealt with the Reynes/Tarbecks (in 261 AC). And we already know from the App that the War of the Ninepenny Kings occurred during the reign of Jaehaerys II (259-262 AC).

Was Gerold's youngest son this Jason Lannister who had been mentioned previously? He could have died during the War of the Ninepenny Kings, but then he would have been there throughout pretty much all of Tytos' 'rule'.

And finally - was Daemon III Blackfyre or Daemon IV Blackfyre slain by Dunk?

Ah, okay. Thought as much already...

But there has been some confusion on that, it seems. There was talk that the Fourth Blackfyre Rebellion happened during Egg's reign. Was it Egg's reign, or the war leading to Maekar's death?

Tytos apparently sucked completely. Was there no one around to reign him in/help him? What about his younger brother, that Jason Lannister guy? Didn't he do anything?

OneEyedRaven,

now I'm really confused. Who is this Tion Lannister who was slain by Maelys? He can't have died during the War of the Ninepenny Kings if his death caused Tytos' rise to Casterly Rock, because the War of the Ninepenny Kings apparently happened during the same time/shortly before Tywin dealt with the Reynes/Tarbecks.

Was Gerold's youngest son this Jason Lannister who had been mentioned previously? He could have died during the War of the Ninepenny Kings, but then he would have been there throughout pretty much all of Tytos' 'rule'.

And finally - was Daemon III Blackfyre or Daemon IV Blackfyre slain by Dunk?

Tion was the second son of Gerold Lannister. Maybe it wasn't the nine penny kings but for sure he died and Tytos took over. Sorry for that

It wasn't really about ellyn, it was more about taking back control from Tytos. And the reynes had retreated into their mines being arrogant.

Ellyn was dealt with at Tarbeck Hall before the destruction of the Reynes. She and others were thrown from the tallest towers.

So Genna got it wrong when she said in AFFC that the hall came crashing down on her but she was thrown from the tallest towers well damn!!!

And yeah I get that the Lannisters were losing control and Tytos obviously wasn't going to take it back so if fell on Tywin but still slaughtering the women and children was unnecessary IMO.

the youngest of gerolds sons isn't mentioned much but it can be assumed that he is the father of Joanna.

Assumed because? Were there any hints?

Also, in the last few pages I've read about a Gerold (who is also featured in the Dunk and Egg stories), a Tybolt (named as a son of Gerold?), Tion (certainly a son of Gerold), and Jason (younger brother of Tytos).

Is the Tybolt correct as a son of Gerold? Because that would mean Gerold named one of his twins after his brother.

And which Lannister died when, I'm losing track..

Also, in the last few pages I've read about a Gerold (who is also featured in the Dunk and Egg stories), a Tybolt (named as a son of Gerold?), Tion (certainly a son of Gerold), and Jason (younger brother of Tytos).

Is the Tybolt correct as a son of Gerold? Because that would mean Gerold named one of his twins after his brother.

Wasn't Gerold the father of Tybolt, Tion (those were twins), Tytos and Jason? or am I interpreting it wrong?

Wasn't Gerold the father of Tybolt, Tion (those were twins), Tytos and Jason? or am I interpreting it wrong?

Gerold was the younger brother of Tybolt, both were sons of Damon.

I guess it is possible that Gerold named the eldest of his twins Tybolt, after his brother. It would work best if Gerolds brother had already died before Gerolds twins were born. Was anything said about this?

And is it certain that a Lannister sibling died fighting on the Stepstones? It sounds like it couldn't have been Tion? But Jason is always an option?

Gerold was the younger brother of Tybolt, both were sons of Damon.

I guess it is possible that Gerold named the eldest of his twins Tybolt, after his brother. It would work best if Gerolds brother had already died before Gerolds twins were born. Was anything said about this?

And is it certain that a Lannister sibling died fighting on the Stepstones? It sounds like it couldn't have been Tion? But Jason is always an option?

No tion Tybolt Tytos and Jason are all sons of Gerold

There are no hints but it can be assumed as Tybolt and Tion died childless leaving just Tytos and Jason from the main branch. We know that Tywin married a first cousin.

There are no hints but it can be assumed as Tybolt and Tion died childless leaving just Tytos and Jason from the main branch. We know that Tywin married a first cousin.

I recall reading reports today that stated that Tybolt died while he was still engaged to Ellyn, Tion died before Tywin's birth (but while Tytos had already been married to Jeyne), after which Tytos became heir. I suppose that Gerold died shortly after Tion, thereby preventing Gerold from teaching Tytos how to be a good lord.

It seems to become more and more likely that Joanna was a child of Jason, but for as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

No tion Tybolt Tytos and Jason are all sons of Gerold

So Tybolt is both the name of Gerolds brother and Gerolds eldest son?

I recall reading reports today that stated that Tybolt died while he was still engaged to Ellyn, Tion died before Tywin's birth (but while Tytos had already been married to Jeyne), after which Tytos became heir. I suppose that Gerold died shortly after Tion, thereby preventing Gerold from teaching Tytos how to be a good lord.

It seems to become more and more likely that Joanna was a child of Jason, but for as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

So Tybolt is both the name of Gerolds brother and Gerolds eldest son?

Definitely son. I don't remember a mention of Gerold having siblings. Most of the story that GRRM read focused on the days of Gerold and the deaths of his two older sons and the 20 year rule of Tytos leading to Tywin

So the unnamed twin's name is Tybolt? Tion and Tybolt Lannister? Which one is the older one? Which one got engaged with Ellyn Reyne? :leaving:

Tybolt was the oldest twin

Gerold died after Tywin was born. In the chapter it said Tywin was the only grandchild he knew

With Tywin's birth in 242AC, and Kevan born in either 244AC or 245AC, and with Genna born after than, we can establish that Gerold thus died in either 242AC (after Tywin had been born), 243AC, 244AC or 245AC (if Kevan was born in 245AC, Gerold would have been born before Kevan's birth)

Do we have any indication on his age?

Definitely son. I don't remember a mention of Gerold having siblings. Most of the story that GRRM read focused on the days of Gerold and the deaths of his two older sons and the 20 year rule of Tytos leading to Tywin

Gerold is featured in the Sworn Sword, where he is mentioned to be the brother of Tybolt, the new lord of Casterly Rock. Both were sons of Damon "The Grey Lion" Lannister :)

It would then be my guess that Tybolt died before Gerold's twins were born, causing Gerold to name his eldest child after his brother. Too bad there was nothing in the text about that.

I wonder whose son Daemon Blackfyre's the 3rd or 4th was.

The Fiddler was in Bloodraven's custody and did not seem to favour ladies. Did he have children anyway? He did not appear to have children by the time of the Mystery Knight, so did he escape / was released from court or was Daemon the 3rd or 4th fathered by Haegon or the other even younger brothers?

I cannot wait to find out more about the Lannisters. The plot thickens.

Archived