(BOOK SPOILERS) Discussing Sansa XI: Lies and Arbor Gold

I guess it will be argued about, and theres certainly no proof either way,,but it's far from far-fetched. My guess is it will be left ambiguous until season 5, by which time hopefully TWOW will have been released.

It's not ambiguous at all. People are just baselessly speculating on absolutely nothing.

TV-Sansa looks like she is subtly encouraging Littlefinger's lust for her; which I like.

Fixed :P

I was thinking more that Sansa went full Black Swan...although considering that some have said that the idea of Sansa is essentially that of a Disney princess parachuted into a Crapsack World, that she dresses up like a Disney villain to mark her transformation would be fitting.

I think the costume designers truly thought that when making that outfit.

And a question

No HTH thus far -- does that mean that LF really wants SR to recover?

edit: the board ate half my post

Well, the books are not the show and it does look like the show is setting things up to omit HtH. We should remember that book!LF doesn't benefit from SR's quick demise - quite the contrary.

But if they're letting Robin go running around the Vale, possibly in the fosterage of others, how will LF get control of the Eyrie/Vale? I haven't seen LF being named Lord Protector yet; and he wants that almost as much as (possibly more than) he wants ultimate possession of Sansa.

Well, since he's the one deciding that Robin will go on a tour of the Vale, deciding on his future and even asking his evidently not-fellow Lords what side they are, I think he had pretty much turned into Lord Protector without even asking.

I don't think show Sansa is a maiden anymore.

Interesting issue. I'd think Sansa is better off by keeping him desiring for the time being. But the scene is ambiguous and Show!Sansa clearly took Cersei's advice.

Anyways, gotta love dark, cold bitch Sansa Stark. Maybe she will indeed sacrifice Walder Frey to the Old Gods after all! :laugh:

It's not ambiguous at all. People are just baselessly speculating on absolutely nothing.

Nothing as in: couple alone in a bedroom, with a clear view of a bed. Guy wants to sleep with girl, girl acknowledges that and wants use it to her advantage?

Nothing as in: couple alone in a bedroom, with a clear view of a bed. Guy wants to sleep with girl, girl acknowledges that and wants use it to her advantage?

That's not what I interpreted, but whatever you say. I think it was more game playing than the other kind of playing.

If this were the case it would have been made more obvious. They aren't going to not make such a huge moment unclear or that ambiguous; they may not show them doing the deed but I imagine it would be similar to Daario-Dany in episode 7. It would be so dumb for Littlefinger to say "Oh hey Sansa remember when I banged you that one time" in season 5. If anything the scene was playing up the sexual tension and maybe foreshadowing it in the future.

The dark feather collar on Sansa's dress is driving me crazy. I know there's a specific visual reference point for that and I know I've seen it somewhere before, and I can't quite place it. I want to say McQueen, but I don't think that's it, although McQueen has used feathers for dresses before in a big way.

She's not a little bird or little dove anymore. She's a crow or a raven.

Nah, she's a swan. A BLACK SWAN. DUN DUN DUNNNN.

All we got was Sansa basically confirming that she's with him from this point on.

And that she knows that she has the upper hand with him, which seriously changes up their power dynamic from the books.

If this were the case it would have been made more obvious. They aren't going to not make such a huge moment unclear or that ambiguous; they may not show them doing the deed but I imagine it would be similar to Daario-Dany in episode 7. It would be so dumb for Littlefinger to say "Oh hey Sansa remember when I banged you that one time" in season 5. If anything the scene was playing up the sexual tension and maybe foreshadowing it in the future.

They will also most certainly include footage of it. Remember, this is HBO. Blood+Nudity=Profit.

It depends on how the want to play the relationship between them, and whether they want to focus in Sansa's first fuck or not. As it stands, I think it was made to look ambiguous. And if we disagree on this, well, we're just two strangers disagreeing on the Internet.

I'm not going to read the entire thread (fun as it might be), but man, did they change absolutely everything now!

They didn't just streamline Feast, they fucking skipped it and jumped right at WoW instead!

Robin is going, LF is practically declaring war against the Iron Throne, Sansa is Maleficent...I mean, just give us Harry the Heir in the next episode and be done with it!

Archived