[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

Did it need to be subtle? I mean, it's ok to keep the suspense, and to allow people to dig their own conclusions, but Oberyn's hate towards Tywin was no secret since the first episode, and it was plainly set. Oberyn demanding Gregor to sell out Tywin while pointing him is rather a passional reaction, that I think fitted perfectly to the situation.

HBO!Oberyn was willing to bring them both down at the same time: more subtleness wouldn't have worked in this heated all-or-nothing fight, I think.

they could have afforded a bit more subtlety though because they already gave us Oberyn and Tywin talking about Elia. I just feel like they need to stop babying the Unsullied and let them go back to find clues on stuff. We didn't need this.

I dont get why people are complaining, it was a great episode.

And to be fair, there is no point in complaining about the changes in the show at this point, that ship sailed ages ago.

I have no problems with the changes as long as I am entertained and I have been fully entertained by this episode

I love Missandei and Grey Worm, D and D are doing a good job at fleshing out all the characters in Dany's camp.

Also Sansa owned this episode, loved it!

Wowwow thats one hell of a nitpick! hue! I didnt even remember them. Bronze Yohn is gr9 doe.

MTE

Alright I'm still in shock because of the last scene, I couldn't even watch it.... man they went all the way.

First, people need to stop complaining about Grey Worm and Missandei. They have great chemistry, they are very cute together, it makes even historical sense.... powerful, rich eunuchs have married in the past, so why not??? The two of them are replacing a lot of characters from the books, so they will have very important roles in the story after Daenerys flies away. Heck, they will probably survive all the way to Westeros and be important there.... it makes sense from the show's perspective.

Agreed, I dont get the complain of Missandei an Grey worm.

Hi everyone! First post here on the forum - woohoo! I saw this thought on my facebook and think it's so true -- did anyone else get a 'Princess Bride' "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" feel to the scene? haha! I thought the scene was great! Sorry if anyone else mentioned this already, I haven't read through the whole feed.

Welcome to the forums :cheers: ! Yeah, totally XD

There are a lot of homeages in this series, btw.

Didn't Robert die in his bed? Or maybe a reference to the failed assassination of Bran? Isn't that enough?

Of course it is, was just providing thought to the previous response. I took the "chamber pot" to be the only one that meant something going forward, just a little easter egg for the book readers. Didn't overly think much of the "in bed" or "at dinner" since we do have examples of those that have already been seen/used.

Ok, enough with the people who don't get the beetle story are stupid line. I think most people do understand the point of it and it's not like it's so hard to understand. The point is, it was terribly long and dragged on when the whole point could have been made in a minute or less.

Attack on Mole’s Town

- Pretty brutal attack and interesting way to start the show. I don’t know if Ygritte the hateful would spare the baby and mother but I guess it shows she still has a little bit of heart.

Grey Worm & Missandei

- Bleh. I don’t want to get sidetracked in this story when there is so much other stuff to attend to.

Moat Caitlin

- I loved the way this went down. Just when you thought Theon was going to crack, an ax to the head changes everything and it cuts to a flayed body. This is exactly how this should have happened. It was quick and sweet also.

Littlefinger & Sansa

- I don’t know how I feel about the suicide angle. I think I like the singer better. I don’t know how this will play out with the Protectors of the Vale and Robin. Robin was scared shitless about leaving the vale but I will reserve judgment on the new twist until it plays out.

Jorah & Barristan

- I thought this was done beautifully. Excellent call and response between Jorah and Dany. I felt sad for Jorah as an old used-up knight with no friends.

Roose & Ramsey

- What a tender moment.

Arya & The Hound

- I love that they got in that poison is a woman’s weapon. I also thought it was awesome that Arya was laughing uncontrollably when she heard the news of Lysa’s death.

Jamie & Tyrion

- Not as good as previous dungeon talk. I wanted him to hurry up and end the beetle story already.

The Mountain and the Viper

- Holy Shit... that may be the greatest segment in television history.

Ok, enough with the people who don't get the beetle story are stupid line. I think most people do understand the point of it and it's not like it's so hard to understand. The point is, it was terribly long and dragged on when the whole point could have been made in a minute or less.

Agreed with this.

Good episode overall, i respected their changes and what they went for.

What really sucked was that they haven't had a good Mountain character since the first season. This guy wasn't even tall, couldn't act at all, and really made for an anti-climactic fight. At the finish he was way too unhurt-seeming, and throughout he completely lacked menace. Pedro was ok, though. Not sure why Jaime was smiling to much.

That beetle story was friggin stupid.

It was a rather odd episode...I really enjoyed the Dany/Jorah scene. The Papa Bolton and Rammers scene was also touching.

The duel was good...could've been longer, but at least Oberyn didn't talk about beetles.

That beetle story was friggin stupid.

It was a rather odd episode...I really enjoyed the Dany/Jorah scene. The Papa Bolton and Rammers scene was also touching.

The duel was good...could've been longer, but at least Oberyn didn't talk about beetles.

+1

teh beetle story waz super lame!!!!11

Agreed with this.

Good episode overall, i respected their changes and what they went for.

What really sucked was that they haven't had a good Mountain character since the first season. This guy wasn't even tall, couldn't act at all, and really made for an anti-climactic fight. At the finish he was way too unhurt-seeming, and throughout he completely lacked menace. Pedro was ok, though. Not sure why Jaime was smiling to much.

Yeah he was definitely the least intimidating 8 foot tall guy I've ever seen. I think I could have taken him.

There's one thing I am confused about. Sweetrobin will go on a tour of the Vale, right? And it looks like Sansa and Littlefinger will go with him. But Arya and the Hound are at the Eyrie. Aren't they going to meet? I wonder what they're planning to do.

I believe the next episode will show that Arya and the Hound left the Eyrie after finding out that Lysa was dead, but the show did a poor job of presenting that.

Very doubtful. They're shaving off characters everywhere, they're not going to add in a thread about hobbits with poisoned spears. It doesn't even have much significance in the book truth be told.

Howland Reed was mentioned in the show. Im sure they will add the crannogmen in some fashion. Probably mentioning them when Asha arrives there or something. I dont expect them to go to Crannog Country until next season.

Ok, enough with the people who don't get the beetle story are stupid line.

Well..they are. Sorry. But they are. And complaining about it is making them look stupider.