[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

Random, but was Gilly > Molestown just so we could have one more scene where we are reminded that we like Ygritte? Because I don't think we needed that, and that was a whole lot of screentime.

I haven't even started to tackle this thread yet, but I thought some posters might enjoy this..........GOT epi by pic and captioning.

My fav might be I WILL KILL YOU WITH CANON BOOK QUOTES BITCH!! LOLLLLLLLLLLL

http://maisiewilliams.tumblr.com/post/87569966119/what-you-missed-on-4x08-of-game-of-thrones

Random, but was Gilly > Molestown just so we could have one more scene where we are reminded that we like Ygritte? Because I don't think we needed that, and that was a whole lot of screentime.

Seems like it. Also gives her something to do that doesn't involve Sam stammering away nonsensically and her vacantly looking at him like he's some kind of moron.

i agree there were a lot of wasted scenes...but i think the build up of Tyrion's obsessive personality, Jorah finally getting exiled and the fight made up for it....

to those people who had me convinced that the Hound was going to have a huge fight scene this episode, no offence, but i'm glad u got it wrong...

I haven't even started to tackle this thread yet, but I thought some posters might enjoy this..........GOT epi by pic and captioning.

http://maisiewilliams.tumblr.com/post/87569966119/what-you-missed-on-4x08-of-game-of-thrones

Girl I think you mourn my d more than I do

:bowdown: :rofl:

This was fantastic! :lmao:

Also, not sure where else to post this, but this exists: http://31.media.tumblr.com/02a07c8203dd410887b8b281d20b0500/tumblr_n50ep4EEXY1tswso1o1_500.png

Made me miss Pod and Brienne this episode

omg thats so good

Just so you know, when I saw all those mole town whore breasts last night in the worst brothel in the world...I thought of you. LOL.

It's not THE brothel, but luckily, they didn't try to fit everything in the episode.

I will admit, I was a little scared for Gilly and the baby for a second there. For a split second, I was concerned considering all the posts about an extra death this season.

The pardon wasn't 3 years late nor from Robert Baratheon but was rather a cunning Tywin Lannister removing one of Dani's two seasoned Westerosi advisers by exposing his past transgressions. They talked about her a couple episodes back in a session of the small council and Tywin was informed that she has able advisors at her side. In classic Tywin fashion he sent a letter in a dead man's name that he knew would drive a wedge in her advisors and of course Poor Robert Baratheon will get the blame for the exposing of Norah while Tywin keeps his hand clean like he did with the red wedding by letting the hate fall mostly on the Frey's

I get that it was Tywin who sent it, but if I were him I'd wonder if Dany would ask, "Hmmm. Why did this letter take so long to reach us? We were first with a Dothraki horde and then with several thousand Unsullied. We would have been easy to find..." Of course, Dany didn't stop to ask that question, but wouldn't be reasonable to assume that she'd be suspicious?

So, was that Winterfell or the Dreadfort that the Boltons were coming up on at the end there? Because it looked an awful lot like Winterfell to me, and if that's the case I think its pretty much confirmation that the battle of ice will be next season. I can't see the Boltons and Theon just sitting there for over a season waiting for Stannis to show up.

Watched the episode, boy I was just quoting Monty Python & the Holy Grail with "Get on with it!", then again I always shout that at Daenerys' scenes, but damn, so much filler, an unnecessary part with a eunuch & a handmaiden (I don't know what her job role is exactly).

As far as the rest of the episode, eh, It seemed really patchy & uneven, obviously you had the Wildlings sacking yet another place, wasn't really bothered by that, you had the Sansa (kind of) becoming Alayne, which seemed a bit rushed, oh & I noticed the foreshadowing with what Littlefinger said about how people have died.

Arya & The Hound was enjoyable as always, but it seemed to be a blink & you'll miss it moment, the first scene with Tyrion seemed a bit odd & went nowhere & the final scene with The Viper & The Mountain, well, let's just say I'm still feeling a little sick, I mean it wasn't pleasant by all means in the book, in fact it's morbidly funny, like when an innocent bystander gets hacked by The Mountain, I just found it slightly funny, but no humour here. I felt it could've been a bit more subtle, like at the end of Sin City, where Bruce Willis punches that Yellow guy's face in & crushes his skull, yeah I don't ever want to watch this scene again, then again I'm probably becoming more wimpy as I'm getting older, but I just felt it took it a bit too far IMO, there doesn't seem to be any more subtlety anymore in films or TV shows.

Meh, In other words, I wasn't too much of a fan of this episode, too much filler.

So he wasn't any good? He thoroughly whipped one of the best warriors in the Seven Kingdoms. Oberyn died because he got too close to the strongest known man in the Seven Kingdoms as he lay dying due to wounds inflicted by Oberyn. So I really don't understand how Oberyn was not as good as he thought? Did you watch/read the same fight? The Mountain was pinned to the ground with Oberyn's spear through his chest.

He lost because he tried to elicit a confession implicating Tywin instead of just finishing off the Mountain or staying another foot away during his interrogation.

Is that about the Mountain? Because I remember Jaime thinking in one of his chapters (at the Bear pit in Harrenhal) that the Bear had both more agility & more intelligence than Gregor ever did.

Ser Gregor tried to rise. The broken spear had gone through him, and was pinning him to the ground. He wrapped both hands about the shaft, grunting , but could not pull it out. Beneath him was a spreading pool of red. "I am feeling more innocent by the instant", Tyrion told Ellaria Sand beside him.

Unfortunately, the writers forgot this awesome comment from Tyrion. :(

I've waited for it the whole fight!

Watched the episode, boy I was just quoting Monty Python & the Holy Grail with "Get on with it!", then again I always shout that at Daenerys' scenes, but damn, so much filler, an unnecessary part with a eunuch & a handmaiden (I don't know what her job role is exactly).

As far as the rest of the episode, eh, It seemed really patchy & uneven, obviously you had the Wildlings sacking yet another place, wasn't really bothered by that, you had the Sansa (kind of) becoming Alayne, which seemed a bit rushed, oh & I noticed the foreshadowing with what Littlefinger said about how people have died.

Arya & The Hound was enjoyable as always, but it seemed to be a blink & you'll miss it moment, the first scene with Tyrion seemed a bit odd & went nowhere & the final scene with The Viper & The Mountain, well, let's just say I'm still feeling a little sick, I mean it wasn't pleasant by all means in the book, in fact it's morbidly funny, like when an innocent bystander gets hacked by The Mountain, I just found it slightly funny, but no humour here. I felt it could've been a bit more subtle, like at the end of Sin City, where Bruce Willis punches that Yellow guy's face in & crushes his skull, yeah I don't ever want to watch this scene again, then again I'm probably becoming more wimpy as I'm getting older, but I just felt it took it a bit too far IMO, there doesn't seem to be any more subtlety anymore in films or TV shows.

Meh, In other words, I wasn't too much of a fan of this episode, too much filler.

Is that about the Mountain? Because I remember Jaime thinking in one of his chapters (at the Bear pit in Harrenhal) that the Bear had both more agility & more intelligence than Gregor ever did.

That's one of my favorite observations of Jaime's. He thinks something along the lines of It's Gregor Clegane with a pelt, probably smarter, too. Something like that.

Meh. That's all I got. Meh. With all the hype surrounding the Mountain and Viper I turned off the tv feeling pretty disappointed. I get that its tv, with a limited shooting time, but how is it possible that a deleted fight scene between Orlando Bloom and Martin Cskokas in Kingdom of Heaven was both more emotionally resonant and dramatic than that.

I guess it had all the trademark of a mediocre GOT fight sequence. Poorly staged. Wild sword swings, Camera parked too far from the action. Poor use of dramatic beats to heighten the action. And don't forget the over the top gore ending.

Sigh...

In other news... Sansa Stark is maleficent and the beetle monologue may be single worst bit of writing in the history of HBO.