[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

oh my god, kill this lovestory and throw it to fire

the Grey Worm/Messandi relationship is a fabulous idea! both the actors are beautiful, both are terrific actors, the characters are great, they have a serious, real problem between them and the world around is about to get really chaotic.

Thought the duel was great. I was more emotionally effected by it than the Red Wedding for some reason. I guess because Oberyn just exudes confidence and then to have him scream so helplessly as his eyes were pushed in was such a 180.

Only thing I hated was the explosion of his head. It made the whole thing a bit comical in my opinion. I'm not super educated in physics, but does that even make sense scientifically? No matter how strong the Mountain was, would Oberyn's head fuckin blow up like that? Would have been much more chilling I think to just have his skull crack and be left all disfigured. I guess that probably would have been a lot tougher on the makeup department than just the pile of brain stew that they ended up leaving where his head was.

I thought it was fantastic, I was really happy they kept Oberyn's dialogue during the fight, it added such power to the scene in the book. Everyone's reactions and expressions throughout were great, especially poor Ellaria at the end. But yeah, I did wonder about the head exploding too. I'm just not sure that's what would actually happen. I like the idea of it cracking, makes more sense and they could've incorporated a horrible sound to go with it. I guess they wanted to add one last "wow" at the end there by having it explode... Everything else, I loved.

Knew the end game but was not ready for the gruesomeness at the end. Damn. Going to be interesting to see the Hound and Aryas arch play out. I also have a feeling that Ygrittes demise at Castle Black is going to be WAY WAY over-dramatic. Giantsbane has been a huge disappointment thus far. HAR!

I was soooo glad they did it like the books and not "being chopped in half" as soooo many seemed soooooooooo sure off....or like all the people who were predicting that Oberyn would live....that i didnt even mind the gore because i was jumping up and down clapping and cheering....

only when it got to the end credits did i actually realize that shit....No more Predo Pascal :frown5:

definitely gonna be re-watching

Oh, I'm rewatching too, eventually. I just need to steel myself for it. On another note, I did want to say that I loved Arya laughing. I don't think it was hahahaha......all my family is dead, it was like hahahahaha.......this shit always turns out the same kind of thing.

I'm going to be ready to face the epi again soon, I think.

I thought it was fantastic, I was really happy they kept Oberyn's dialogue during the fight, it added such power to the scene in the book. Everyone's reactions and expressions throughout were great, especially poor Ellaria at the end. But yeah, I did wonder about the head exploding too. I'm just not sure that's what would actually happen. I like the idea of it cracking, makes more sense and they could've incorporated a horrible sound to go with it. I guess they wanted to add one last "wow" at the end there by having it explode... Everything else, I loved.

I think that it would have a higher chance of exploding if you did it the way The Mountain did, he squeezed his head like a big pimple.

I'd like to see how they did the eye gouging thing... once i get over seeing it on screen.

Maybe it's just her delivery, I just think she seems a little unhinged-to-the-point-of-blindness at times. Couldn't help but think of the Mad King during that scene. I'll be re-watching tonight so I'll elaborate more later.

I'm not a Dany hater by the way... Just an observation.

:stunned: I think we watched to different episodes.

I think what she was displaying was restraint fury, which is completely understandable given the circumstances. She's a queen now and she can't afford to act unrestrained (yelling and cursing) she kept her composure as best she could but it was still an incredibly devastating moment for her. The only friend she's ever really know betrayed her in the worst possible way, it's a miracle she was able to keep her composure.

I was soooo glad they did it like the books and not "being chopped in half" as soooo many seemed soooooooooo sure off....or like all the people who were predicting that Oberyn would live....that i didnt even mind the gore because i was jumping up and down clapping and cheering....

only when it got to the end credits did i actually realize that shit....No more Predo Pascal :frown5:

definitely gonna be re-watching

:grouphug:

there there I couldn't watch him die either.

I wish they would've had Tyrion say "I'm feeling more innocent by the second" when Oberyn seems 100% sure to win. I'm not sure if thats exactly what he says in the books but it's something like that.

Edited by Wilhite

Still didn't really get the beetles thing... someone mind explaining it? ;)

a couple of pages back people explained it some if you take a look on pg 38-40 its sort of a metaphor of people killing because they can not for any reason at times. But a couple of people did a good job it of it ;)

I still have 5 more pages to read, but Tyrion laughing at his cousin didn't sit right with me. I thought he had an affinity for bastards, cripples and broken things?

Pretty sure this is almost word for word what he said to Jon Snow in season 1.

Nice writing DnD.