[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

1) Tyrion isn't always nice; he made fun of a simpleton to fit in.

2) Tyrion can be overly obsessive.

3) Its an analogy, the gods are cruel and there's no meaning to when people die.

4) Its an analogy, GRRM is cruel and capriciously kills his characters.

5) its an analogy as above, but note that Tyrion doesn't kill the bug he picks up. Sometimes bugs (people) live, even if you don't expect it; foreshadowing his escape.

6) It shows how overwhelmed Tyrion and Jaime are by the current circumstances; talking about nonsense at 5am.

7) Its another reminder of how close Tyrion and Jaime are, and that Jaime is spending an awful lot of time in that cell; helping setup that Jaime will set him free.

The scene works on lots of levels, and I loved it.

Great analysis of the scene. Thanks! I like the very subtle way they are setting up Tyrion's escape. I also think that unsullied will view it as Tyrion's final "good-bye" scene.

Does anyone else think that the TPTB have not done enough to make the audience excited enough for the audience to accept that they have to watch an entire episode devoted entirely at the Wall and wait two weeks to see what happens to Tyrion?

I am a bit concerned about that myself. Everyone seemed excited for Blackwater, but it certainly seems like most reviewers at least (I don't know many unsullied) either don't like, or at best don't care, about the Wall. And if people aren't invested, then it just becomes a technically proficient battle scene; incredibly impressive by TV standards, but only reasonably so compared to what we see in movies all the time.

Does anyone else think that the TPTB have not done enough to make the audience excited enough for the audience to accept that they have to watch an entire episode devoted entirely at the Wall and wait two weeks to see what happens to Tyrion?

We're going to wait a long time to find put what happens to Tyrion. My $0.25 is the last moment of the season is a "thrum"

For sure Robb's men. The Moat was taken by him in his march to Riverrun

They were Victarion's men. They were Ironborn...even in the show. Why Theon was sent. Robb didn't have to take Moat Cailin - it was an ally. He left it anyway, early on.

The dead men were killed in the takeover by Ironborn - so Reed or Ironborn men - or shot by Reed men. Robb was never in a battle there.

Edited by rmholt

:agree: Lots of Youtube comments are complaining about an entire episode at the Wall.

yes.

I'm equally concerned that they haven't given a proper build up for the battle at the wall. I don't think it's a proper build up as a book reader. I'm not nearly as excited for it as I would like to be.

As for the last episode, this is the way I see the events taking place:

1. Jamie rescues Tyrion, delivers him to Varys.

2. Bran and co. are ambushed right in front of the tree

3. Tyrion and the "thrumb" ... maybe followed by Varys' send off.

4. Bran meets Bloodraven

5. Lady Stoneheart

If LS is included, that will be one jam packed episode and that doesn't even include Arya's send off to Bravos, any of the other fallout in King's Landing (would be nice to get a shout out to Dorne "someone has to send word to Oberyn's brother) ... anything we may get with Sansa and Littlefinger ... anything with the Boltons ... and the obviously fallout from the battle at the Wall.

Do we know they are really going to do a Blackwater type All Wall episode next week?

They have A LOT of plot they need to get through, and they've shorted the Wall all along, it seems kind of unlikely they would spend a whole episode on a battle that doesn't have much ramifcations for the audience.

Did anyone notice how bad Emilia Clarke was in that "f*** off Jorah" scene? Cringe worthy...Dead eyes...Overacting with the voice but nothing was going on in her face...Im starting to think casting her was a huge mistake. They might have done it cause she looks so young while being already somewhat experienced as an actress...but look at Maisie...I mean....

That brutal KO really felt like I was watching a snuff film of a living, breathing person. I was trying to put my finger on it.

We're going to wait a long time to find put what happens to Tyrion. My $0.25 is the last moment of the season is a "thrum"

I'm hoping to see an epic walk off into the darkness, with the Rains playing. It would be confusing if he's not seen escaping.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy