[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

Do we know they are really going to do a Blackwater type All Wall episode next week?

They have A LOT of plot they need to get through, and they've shorted the Wall all along, it seems kind of unlikely they would spend a whole episode on a battle that doesn't have much ramifcations for the audience.

Everything I've seen seems to indicate it's going to be All Wall, All Episode, I'm afraid

Personally, I'm dreading that whole episode considering they've even ruined the "Stannis!" surprise at the end, which is the best part of that battle, in my opinion

That brutal KO really felt like I was watching a snuff film of a living, breathing person. I was trying to put my finger on it.

I'm hoping to see an epic walk off into the darkness, with the Rains playing. It would be confusing if he's not seen escaping.

You summed it up perfectly. They made it so real, I actually felt as if I was watching a friend get murdered live. BTW the name "Vegeta Greyjoy" made me laugh my ass off haha :cool4:

Did anyone notice how bad Emilia Clarke was in that "f*** off Jorah" scene? Cringe worthy...Dead eyes...Overacting with the voice but nothing was going on in her face...Im starting to think casting her was a huge mistake. They might have done it cause she looks so young while being already somewhat experienced as an actress...but look at Maisie...I mean....

Emilia Clarke has become disinterested in the show since about season 3.

Did anyone notice how bad Emilia Clarke was in that "f*** off Jorah" scene? Cringe worthy...Dead eyes...Overacting with the voice but nothing was going on in her face...Im starting to think casting her was a huge mistake. They might have done it cause she looks so young while being already somewhat experienced as an actress...but look at Maisie...I mean....

I used to defend her in previous seasons, but man, she's not even trying anymore

Everything I've seen seems to indicate it's going to be All Wall, All Episode, I'm afraid

Personally, I'm dreading that whole episode considering they've even ruined the "Stannis!" surprise at the end, which is the best part of that battle, in my opinion

Weird. Well, since the episodes are getting shorter and shorter, maybe it will only be like 45 minutes. I guess they can give Ygritte a very long death scene. But what else?

I would like it if they had the battle won early, like 2/3 of the way through then, and then left a fair amount of time for Stannis to be at the Wall taking over, etc.....but they like surprises so seems more likely they will have him show up at the last minute...

I used to defend her in previous seasons, but man, she's not even trying anymore

I thought she was okay last night. I rewatched E. 10 S. 1, and she CAN be subtle, she does have some range, she has the capability, so either you are right and she's bored with it, ready to go on and be a real movie star, or this is on purpose and her interpretation of Dany, since she's read the books.

I thought she was okay last night. I rewatched E. 10 S. 1, and she CAN be subtle, she does have some range, she has the capability, so either you are right and she's bored with it, ready to go on and be a real movie star, or this is on purpose and her interpretation of Dany, since she's read the books.

Idk I have been saying all season she has been emotionless. But I thought she put on the perfect "I am so disgusted with you" look that she could have done. I liked it. The rest of the season though.....D+ and that's me being nice cuz she's pretty haha

Idk...Dany in the books seems like somebody extremely bright and magnetic...None if this I see in Emilia...On a positive note Sophie Turner is getting better and better. This episode made Sansa/Littlefinger feel so creepy dark and intense...Thumbs up.

Idk...Dany in the books seems like somebody extremely bright and magnetic...None if this I see in Emilia...On a positive note Sophie Turner is getting better and better. This episode made Sansa/Littlefinger feel so creepy dark and intense...Thumbs up.

Agreed. If the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 ever happens, and if it is Dany/Tyrion vs Aegon/Sansa (as I think it could be) then I know for sure who I'll be rooting for

Sansa FTW

Agreed. If the Dance of the Dragons 2.0 ever happens, and if it is Dany/Tyrion vs Aegon/Sansa (as I think it could be) then I know for sure who I'll be rooting for

Sansa FTW

And that dress in the end made her look a bit like a black bird but not a "little bird" an eagle maybe. Instant transformation from a pawn to a player. Very cool

Lots of good moment in this episode.

Am I the only who for a little while, thought they were going to let oberyn live ?

And weirdly enough, tyrion / ellaria / jamie are the only one who seem shocked.

I liked the missendei / gray worm scenes.

And poor jorah.

Arya cracking down, unexpected, but fitted.

Edited by EowynCarter

So does Missandei + Grey Worm (either as reunited family - likely - or lovers - less likely) mean the Unsullied won't be joining Dany in her eventual trip to Westeros?

I'd argue her reunion with the Dothraki means Dany is about to leave everything and (almost) everyone behind in Meereen. As the leader of the Unsullied, if Grey Worm is convinced by Missandei to return to his original home the other Unsullied may do the same .. and therefore wraps up those characters' stories nicely while trimming the herd so to speak for Dany's journey across the Narrow Sea.

After nobody had mentioned it until page 26, I lost my patience and decided to write it down, no matter if it's been said since:

The beetle scene begins with Tyrion thinking about the absurdity of trials by combats, telling Jaime that this practice is saying so much about gods. What he realises here is what Arya realises before she begins to laugh - if there are gods in the world they live in, they must be cruel or mad. Arya and Tyrion develop two kinds of nihilistic reactions to the world in the first three books: Arya worships death which alone offers some sort of meaning or purpose, Tyrion is drowing himself in wine, unable to cope with his epiphany in any other way. The beetle scene was phenomenal, it was much, much more than a meta joke on GRRM killing characters or a way to foreshadow the Viper's or the Mountain's fate. It gave us a glimpse of Tyrion going dark, just as Sansa and Arya became a few shades darker in the episode. Give D&D some credit for their writing, it's a lot more clever and thought through than many posters here seem to realise.