[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

god damn! just watched the fight again! so fast paced! so much room to maneuver! hound vs. berric was nothing be comparison! ned vs. Jaime was similar area, still smaller but about a third of the length!

whoever didnt like it...guys u really gottta rewatch it....the mountain was constantly charging at him like a raging bull! oberyn kept attacking and retreating, looking for a weak spot...while he might have had time in the beginning to let the mountain know who he was and why he was there...soon as oberyn clearly states that he wants Gregors confession, gregor charges at him and doesnt stop charging!

Gregor knocked him down twice! broke one of his spears! Oberyn stopped playing around after that, thats why he went for kill move to bring him down...after Gregor was down...oberyn continued to get his confession

the entire fight, from Gregor's first swing to hearing Oberyns skull crushing is 3mins and 6secs...

i will grant you that there might have been one to many camera angles for the fight, showing everyones reaction so frequently was unnecessary and yes the Mountains helmet was stupid...but it doesnt bother me, IMO was an amaaazing fight sequence and truly perfect to the books...

No word for cousin killing. Since Tywins death is kinda foreshadowed by LF, anyone thinks someone will kill a cousin?

Sansa killing Robin will be symmetrical. At KL, two people talk about killing cousins, and at Vale, two people talk about dying in a privy.

Other possibility: Jaime killing Lancel, though I see no point in that.

No, he survives his wound and ends up in a monastery as a grave digger . It's in one of brienne's chapters in affc. Not officially confirmed but I give it a 99% chance of being true. He will probably be the Faith's champion against unGregor.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60808-the-gravedigging-hound-complete-analysis/

thanks for the link...iv seen some links related to this, never really thought about it...will check it out more :cheers:

I just watched a handful of unsullied reaction videos to Oberyn's "crushing defeat" (nod and wink to Half Man). As with a lot of the other unsullied reactions, they were pretty predictable. But, I did notice the reactions either had them grabbing their mouths or their heads in sympathy for what Oberyn went through.

And as for those few comments I saw on here about Oberyn screaming "like a girl". Really??? What would you do in his position? Troll The Mountain with bad comments on twitter?

Edited by TheCrimsonKing

Its funny to see the internet going crazy over how violent the outcome of the duel was but nobody seems to be saying anything about the excruciating and lengthy death the Iron Born soldier was subject to.

im assuming you are talking about the guy Ramsay flayed? its the same all the time...general people dont bat an eye when millions of african kids starve to death, but 370 people disappear on a plane and they lose their minds for months....people only care about the people they like or are interested in...no tears shed over an unnamed, unknown person even if they were skinned alive :(

does anyone noticed this which I think is important to the scene and also to the up coming dorne story"" I remember in the book Deamon sand comes to oberyn and ask him which poison to put on the spear "" but they did not show anything like that in the episode !! if I didn't read the books and I saw that shoot of the squire with the spear I would just think he is cleaning the spear not putting poison on it

Don't like Reek and Ramsey moments in this episode. Ramsey looked too normal and human, even though he'd just flayed some people.

The Bolton army assembled out on the plains with Roose and Ramsey stood on the hill was also a nice touch.

I imagine having the flaying as a deep Bolton tradition will do that to you.

Its funny to see the internet going crazy over how violent the outcome of the duel was but nobody seems to be saying anything about the excruciating and lengthy death the Iron Born soldier was subject to.

I think because it was expected, the audience knows all to well what ramsay is like so there is no surprise. But really ramsay did you half to cut out one of his eyes too. You take all his skin and his eyes, man that's sick.

No word for cousin killing - I tend to think that was a reference to Jaime killing Lancel. Jaime is the one who says "cousins". He looked like he was thinking back on his own kin-killing as Tyrion listed all the `cides. Tyrion may not understand why all the beetles had to die because in his world, he is a beetle. A dwarf who's own father and sister detest him. Even with all the Lannister gold and all the clever wit, Tyion is a beetle in the eyes of most men. I'll bet Jaime, a soldier, understands it a little though, after all he was kingsguard to the mad king Aerys. The reason the beetles had to die is because the world is fucked and those who can kill do kill. Because they can.

- Arya's derisive laughter. To me, it looked like she was laughing at the situation, but more-so at the Hound. Everywhere he has tried to dump her off, there has been some setback of some sort. Also, about Arya, one thing I noticed is how much like Jaquen she is going to be in the future, When the Red Woman (Melisandre) faced her a while back, the witch actually looked frightened. Perhaps that was a foreshadowing? Perhaps one of those sets of eyes that Arya closes will be Melisandre's herself. Perhaps she saw her own future?

I would love someone, anyone to kill Melisandre(destroy her, if she is already dead). But Melisandre's eyes in the books are red. Not sure what color in the show. Mel said Arya will kill someone with blue eyes, brown eyes and green eyes.

Blue eyed people: Sansa, Edmure, Blackfish, Gendry, Stannis, Shireen, Harry the Heir, Brienne,..

Brown eyes: fake Arya. I don't remember anyone else

Green eyes: Jaime, Cersei (Tyrion has one black eye, so he doesn't have green 'eyes' ), Myrcella,..

No word for cousin killing - I tend to think that was a reference to Jaime killing Lancel. Jaime is the one who says "cousins". He looked like he was thinking back on his own kin-killing as Tyrion listed all the `cides. Tyrion may not understand why all the beetles had to die because in his world, he is a beetle. A dwarf who's own father and sister detest him. Even with all the Lannister gold and all the clever wit, Tyion is a beetle in the eyes of most men. I'll bet Jaime, a soldier, understands it a little though, after all he was kingsguard to the mad king Aerys. The reason the beetles had to die is because the world is fucked and those who can kill do kill. Because they can.

I picked up on that cousin-killing nod to Jaime as well.

My take on the beetle smooshing was that it is in reference to the Gods. Orson being like a god to those beetles just taking their lives as he pleases represents how really everyone in the realm is at the mercy of the Gods and could be 'smooshed' at any moment.

I would love someone, anyone to kill Melisandre(destroy her, if she is already dead). But Melisandre's eyes in the books are red. Not sure what color in the show. Mel said Arya will kill someone with blue eyes, brown eyes and green eyes...

Crackpot: maybe she kills people WITH eyes, as in, the eyes are the weapons. Once she's a faceless assassin of course. Mind=blown lmao hahaha

No, he survives his wound and ends up in a monastery as a grave digger . It's in one of brienne's chapters in affc. Not officially confirmed but I give it a 99% chance of being true. He will probably be the Faith's champion against unGregor.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60808-the-gravedigging-hound-complete-analysis/

While it seems likely he is the gravedigger (I'd say pretty much 99% confirmed). We have no knowledge that he will come back to fight Robert Strong with that bum leg and limp of his. That might have just been a nice little "Hey everybody he's let go of the pain now" moment. So for the visual medium, they might just bump him off. Not saying it will happen...but it's a possibility.

While it seems likely he is the gravedigger (I'd say pretty much 99% confirmed). We have no knowledge that he will come back to fight Robert Strong with that bum leg and limp of his. That might have just been a nice little "Hey everybody he's let go of the pain now" moment. So for the visual medium, they might just bump him off. Not saying it will happen...but it's a possibility.

true enough. they butchered 80% of the books after season 1, im sure they don't mind carving it up some more.