[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

I would love someone, anyone to kill Melisandre(destroy her, if she is already dead). But Melisandre's eyes in the books are red. Not sure what color in the show. Mel said Arya will kill someone with blue eyes, brown eyes and green eyes.

Blue eyed people: Sansa, Edmure, Blackfish, Gendry, Stannis, Shireen, Harry the Heir, Brienne,..

Brown eyes: fake Arya. I don't remember anyone else

Green eyes: Jaime, Cersei (Tyrion has one black eye, so he doesn't have green 'eyes' ), Myrcella,..

Don't most of the Martells have brown eyes? Faceless Girl Arya could kill Arianne, or Doran, or one of the dark-eyed Sand Snakes...What about Davos, does he have brown eyes?

I rolled my eyes more than a couple of times but I liked so much of the episode, even some things I didn't like I think make sense.

Every episode I see more and more it was a HUGE mistake to not have Ygritte and the wildlings attack in like the first episode. All this raiding and killing women/children is hurting that arc. Jon's race to the Wall and packing up Mole's Town to save them/defend Castle Black would have just been great TV. THEN you could have let the Wall chill off until the end of the season and Stannis' arrival.

The stuff with Grey Worm and Missandei is a confusing distraction but it's for the viewers and I fear it may set up a soul-crushing Grey Worm death.

Lysa a suicide and Sansa just straight Starking herself? That may work out to make sense in a way but I'm not sure where they are going with it. Also, a huge shift in Sansa's character. Does this lend credence to Winds of Winter theories? Anyway, it's way different but I was totally locked in from the moment Littlefinger suggested that it was suicide. I don't like Sansa sort of accepting Littlefinger's perving of her but the fact that she is trying to take control is a nice change.

Roose must have been holding back that letter declaring Ramsey a Bolton for a long time. I kind of like that. It's very much like Roose to do that.

Jorah getting the boot exactly as we figured they might do it and it does work for the show.

Fucking A, they are legit trolling us by giving Jojen's catch phrase to Oberyn.

The fight was amazing though and I still felt such pain seeing Oberyn get cocky instead of just finishing him off. For a second I almost believed. That punch knocking out like half his teeth was just nuts. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't The Mountain stay pinned down by the spear in the book?

pardon my ignorance... but what catchphrase do you mean?

This guy has the right build though, they could have stuck with Ian Whyte and had Gregor at the right height but he would have been built like a whippet.

This lad is 100 pounds heavier than Conan Stevens even though he's slightly shorter, he's much more powerful looking.

Yea considering he smashes someone's head in, I think it's more important that his strength is conveyed than his height. Plus 6'9" is still pretty damn tall.

...And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you always SWEEP THE LEG.

First time that was done to me my sensei, who was the ref, gave a very tiny tsking head shake before saying Ippon!

I had to ask him later wth had happened.

I kinda liked littlefinger for his talk to Robin. Someone has to put some sense to that boy's head. But I lost half the love for Sansa I grew during AFFC by this single episode.

The show also made me feel pity for Jorah and understand his love whereas in books I was thinking "good riddance, he was wrongly possessive of Dany" when she banished him.

...And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you always SWEEP THE LEG.

SWEEP THE LEG

oh hai you! lol wtf your name change. HAHAHA SWEEP THE LEG!

So was the third Vale Lord in the inquest scene Corbray, or somebody else? I didn't catch his introduction (if any) but Littlefinger's roll call of Vale Houses in the next scene started with "Royce, Waynwood, Corbray"

Ive been calling him Lord Otherguy cuz i dont know which that dude was supposed to be. (Dat Lady Waynwood is so gud)

I kinda liked littlefinger for his talk to Robin. Someone has to put some sense to that boy's head. But I lost half the love for Sansa I grew during AFFC by this single episode.

The show also made me feel pity for Jorah and understand his love whereas in books I was thinking "good riddance, he was wrongly possessive of Dany" when she banished him.

Some people are criticising Emilia's acting during this scene, but I thought it actually came across quite well. I can't remember the reaction in the books, but I thought Dany's loathing and her anger boiling beneath a somewhat cold exterior had a devastating effect. That's far more effective than shouting and screaming.