[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

Arya will sail away in episode 10. They have apparently cast a bravoosi ship captain.

I do think we will see Jon become LC. They have a knack for putting in filler scenes that go no where and wrapping up people's storylines in a few minutes. It can be done.

Agreed about Jon. I think they'll simply proclaim him LC after the attack is done and skip the business about Sam rigging the election.

"squatting over their chamber pots"

I read a lot of people interpret this as foreshadowing Tywin's death in ep. 10. I think it's not, I think it's a wink to book readers and a sign that Tywin is not going to die on the shitter, but somewher else, somewhere more suited for TV. While it certailny could be done, showing the whole dialog between Ty and Ty on the toilet would be increadibly awkward. It's much easier to picture someone shitting than watching someone shitting. So I think they take it to a more filmable venue and this was our wink from D&D as a tribute to that book scene. I think the show has done it a few times, reference book they didn't show in a line here or there. If they do it on the toilet than this line from LF will stand out as increadibly conspicuous on a rewatch. Why did he know about that? Did he plan this one behind the curtains as well?

So my money is on no "shitting gold" on the show. More likely the bedchamber with dead Shae in the background.

I read a lot of people interpret this as foreshadowing Tywin's death in ep. 10. I think it's not, I think it's a wink to book readers and a sign that Tywin is not going to die on the shitter, but somewher else, somewhere more suited for TV. While it certailny could be done, showing the whole dialog between Ty and Ty on the toilet would be increadibly awkward. It's much easier to picture someone shitting than watching someone shitting. So I think they take it to a more filmable venue and this was our wink from D&D as a tribute to that book scene. I think the show has done it a few times, reference book they didn't show in a line here or there. If they do it on the toilet than this line from LF will stand out as increadibly conspicuous on a rewatch. Why did he know about that? Did he plan this one behind the curtains as well?

So my money is on no "shitting gold" on the show. More likely the bedchamber with dead Shae in the background.

It wouldn't imply that LF was involved. It would in fact just be dramatic irony

I don't know about that. They seem to be moving things pretty fast, and LC election IS in ASOS. They'd want to wrap that up this season. All they have to do is mention of the LC elections in stannis/jon talk. Have a few scenes with Sam trying to convince people and then the election itself. They'll keep the rest of the jon/stannis/melisandre interaction for next season.

After the LC election...there's nothing for John to do until the Pink Letter eventually leading to his "event", that will make even remotely interesting TV viewing. Lets face it...I like Jons material in ADwD...but it's a lot of introspective stuff and politics of the wall that will not keep unsullied attention.

If he's elected LC in Ep. 10 they're going to meander about at the wall doing nothing all season? Unless they just plan on having a Jon/Stannis scene every third episode and drag that along. We'll see I guess.

After the LC election...there's nothing for John to do until the Pink Letter eventually leading to his "event", that will make even remotely interesting TV viewing. Lets face it...I like Jons material in ADwD...but it's a lot of introspective stuff and politics of the wall that will not keep unsullied attention.

If he's elected LC in Ep. 10 they're going to meander about at the wall doing nothing all season? Unless they just plan on having a Jon/Stannis scene every third episode and drag that along. We'll see I guess.

Some of it makes good viewing but I imagine they will invent threats

i see where your coming from...definitely agree would be too weird to see Tywin on the shitter...but the point of it was that was a humiliating death, dead whore on the bed on top of the fact that it was his own son killing him....so im okay with some change, but not too drastic...perhaps still in the bathroom, but washing hands or something...

after the crossbow, he might land on the shitter or something...or skip that part, long as he dies in the bathroom with Shae dead on the bed and Tyrion kills him, i'm okay with it...if dagger/sword instead of crossbow, or just dead body drops on the bathroom floor...

They managed to finish Sansa's whole AFFC arc in like 10 minutes so...

They finished her emotional arc. they are still actions which she has to do.

Everything I listed before are actions which must be done.

Edited by King Zee

I think the very last seconds of Episode 10 will be Lady Stoneheart. The Tywin/Tyrion scene will be most likely shortly before it. Maybe Tyrion escaping. Either way, It will probably be one hell of an episode! Just imagine all those unsullied reaction videos going up on YouTube!

Edited by TheCrimsonKing

I think the very last seconds of Episode 10 will be Lady Stoneheart. The Tywin/Tyrion scene will be most likely shortly before it. Maybe Tyrion escaping. Either way, It will probably be one hell of an episode! Just imagine all those unsullied reaction videos going up on YouTube!

Is Michelle going to play her? Or will they just slap some make up on an anonymous actress? As LS can't speak and is horribly mutilated it seems a waste of money to pay for a top shelf actress to play her.

I think it's best she does. She's not in many scenes anyway, and it will have less impact and might confuse people if it's not clearly Michelle. Certain more than Asha-Osha would have. This isn't the Mountain or Daario, people we have no emotional attachment to (well, except hate now for the Mountain). This is a woman whose death really upset a lot of viewers

Is Michelle going to play her? Or will they just slap some make up on an anonymous actress? As LS can't speak and is horribly mutilated it seems a waste of money to pay for a top shelf actress to play her.

It would never work with a different actress, and the show does make a fair amount of money to afford spending a rather inconsequential sum of money to provide a great effect and reaction.

God, I really want to participate in this discussion but this thread is so long I despair of even reading a few pages of it.

I will say that I really loved that the episode had such a visual link to the tradition of ASOIAF art. So many of the scenes were laid out in compositions that couldn't help but be familiar to followers of fantasy art and art from the series. I thought the colors were stunning and some of the scenes had really spectacular imagery - the meeting of the two Bolton armies, the scenes inside the Eyrie (whether that wonderful winding LF stroll down the stairs, Sansa in her room, or the great shots in the LF trial) , the dramatic ugliness outside Moat Cailin with Theon on his horse, Grey Worm leaping into the river viewed from under water, Barriston and Mormont on the outside terrace, the absolutely stunning battle location in Kings Landing.

So many of the episodes lack that epic visual element, but I thought it was well done in this case.

It was a feast for the eyes.

(Of course, as Pod says, it may helped that I was watching it in HD).

It wouldn't imply that LF was involved. It would in fact just be dramatic irony

The guy who two episodes back had the big reveal that it was miraculously him behind the murder of a very important character in S01E01 talks about people dying on chamber pots and then another two episodes later a very important character dies on the chamber pot and the unsullied are not going to suspect him?

seems misleading to me.