[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

I think TV-Sansa came out dressed as a vamp because she's tired of being shuffled about the board and wants some say in her own fate; and acknowledging her maturity is a way of influencing Littlefinger. Also, TV-Sansa is what, 16 or 17 now; while book Sansa, last time we saw her, was still 13. TV-Sansa is being "bastard brave" like book-Alayne, but in the way that a maturing teenager might be, not a younger girl.

But I didn't put in what Sansa thought, because we don't know, but the writers know and it was their clue to us.

This gif...

http://i.minus.com/ivsQd46OqzH3s.gif

It's everything.

LOL I was just off looking for fun stuff like that, thank you!!

I saw a terrific drawing yesterday of GRRM smashing character faced beetles, now I can't find it. :tantrum:

Found this, though http://i.imgur.com/fmNn1C4.jpg

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream

LOL I was just off looking for fun stuff like that, thank you!!

I saw a terrific drawing yesterday of GRRM smashing character faced beetles, now I can't find it. :tantrum:

Found this, though http://i.imgur.com/fmNn1C4.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10348387_656567521086236_4967059445997974154_n.jpg

I just...

OMG... This video---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUOltSq03UE

"Are the singers going HODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR. HOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!"

LOL It sounded like something in between Hallellujah and HODOR!!

I'm doing mostly prefight Oberyn oogling. ;)

After the LC election...there's nothing for John to do until the Pink Letter eventually leading to his "event", that will make even remotely interesting TV viewing. Lets face it...I like Jons material in ADwD...but it's a lot of introspective stuff and politics of the wall that will not keep unsullied attention.

If he's elected LC in Ep. 10 they're going to meander about at the wall doing nothing all season? Unless they just plan on having a Jon/Stannis scene every third episode and drag that along. We'll see I guess.

There's lots of material, and interesting as well.

- saying goodbye to sam, gilly and maester aemon (ep.1)

- melisandre interactions/stannis claiming the castles along the wall (ep 2)

- Slynt beheading (ep 3)

- stannis planning attack on winterfell (ep 4)

- finally letting the wildlings through then stannis departure (ep 5)

- Jon organising thing from ep6-10 ultimately ending with his stabbing

They finished her emotional arc. they are still actions which she has to do.

Everything I listed before are actions which must be done.

They are going to skip her actions. The only thing she will be doing is meeting the ladies of the vale on her 'tour' with sweetrobin. And i'm sure it'll be different than the books, they'll skip the descent.

I'm not sure what the purpose of a Grey Worm/Missandi love story is and I have absolutely no interest. I am not interested in Daenerys at all though. It is a shame because Emilia Clark showed how great she can be in season one imo. In ASoS, it is believable that she stays in Mereen because of her doubts and youth, but the Daenerys of the show is cold, calculating and in control at all times. This Daenerys imo makes me wonder wtf are you waiting for? Go to Westeros and I think many who watch the show only will become frustrated with her.

Seriously, end this Grey Worm/Missandi story line.

I totally disagree with the change in plot for Littlefinger. It made the master strategist look inept.

Seriously, end this Grey Worm/Missandi story line.

But if the purpose of Littlefinger looking inept was to reveal Sansa Stark to show just how amazing an actress Sophie Turner is, they succeeded triumphantly. Sophie Turner owned that scene. For the first time I felt like I had never read the books. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen, and I envied the unsullied for the first time. It was a truly strange feeling. It actually had me think "maybe they won't kill Oberyn" for just a second, then I righted my brain. Sophie Turner stole this episode imo.

And lastly, seriously end this Grey Worm/Missandi story line. It serves no purpose imo except to spend time in Mereen.

And lastly, seriously end this Grey Worm/Missandi story line. It serves no purpose imo except to spend time in Mereen.

Seriously, why would the show want to spend so much time in the location of one the main characters on the show and try to flesh out the minor characters around her a little bit. Mind boggling if you ask me why they would do that.

Seriously, why would the show want to spend so much time in the location of one the main characters on the show and try to flesh out the minor characters around her a little bit. Mind boggling if you ask me why they would do that.

The worst part is the characters in the books are totally different. Missandi is a little girl and Grey Worm may be a dedicated soldier, but he never has an original thought. Even in the last Ser Barristan chapter in ADwD when trying to finalize a strategy for the defense of Meereen, all he offers is that the Unsullied will obey. Thanks Grey Worm we all know that. How about something that will help us win with as few casualties as possible.

Gilly and little Sam got spared, Jorah got kicked out, Theon remembered his name, Ramsay gives Reek an anatomy lesson and a history lesson, Ramsay gets a new castle and a new name, Grey worm also gets an anatomy lesson, Arya laughs, Little finger gets the 'thumbs up' from the other Lords and Lady of the vale, Sansa gets a new dress and oberyn (sob) dies....

Did I leave anything out?

Edited by lill_chicken

Gilly and little Sam got spared, Jorah got kicked out, Theon remembered his name, Ramsay gives Reek an anatomy lesson and a history lesson, Ramsay gets a new castle and a new name, Grey worm also gets an anatomy lesson, Arya laughs, and oberyn (sob) dies....

Did I leave anything out?

Only the character who completed owned this episode...

The guy who got flayed and his eyes ripped out. also impaled on a stake, rumor had it he begged ramsay to give him a merciful death, just give me the oberyn he said, totally owned the episode.

Edited by Hath4