[Book Spoilers] EP408 Discussion

Since when do GoT kinda break the 4th wall? Orson being GRRM..come on! "Orson was not mindless he had his reason" like aerys wanting to burn everyone or the tickler that tortures harrenhall for their gold when he knows there is none.Thats just something Tyrion cannot understand as it is not a rational thinking.They can, they do , and they take pleasure doing it(The hound: nothing as sweet as killing a man) Its not talking about tywin either (he did stop the torturing for nothing in harrenhall). Tyrion will never understand this but:

That speach will get his purpose with Jaime - wont he take riverun without a drop of blood and being all " okay war as made enough victim" ?

Arya is clearly laughing at the hounds for never being able to get is ramsom and get rid of her, shes laughing at his miseries.

As for Sansa I remember Cercei telling her that a women has different weapons than men: tears and her cunt. I think shes playing the second one on baelish but for what purpose?..

There's an interview on another site that has Maisie saying as much. Not so much of the "going dark" doom and gloom folks are saying round here. More so that she's finally able to laugh at something and that something is that the hound just saw the light at the end of his tunnel go out.

There's an interview on another site that has Maisie saying as much. Not so much of the "going dark" doom and gloom folks are saying round here. More so that she's finally able to laugh at something and that something is that the hound just saw the light at the end of his tunnel go out.

Yep, that was my reading of it too. In fact, Arya is looking at the Hound most of the time she's laughing. She's laughing at him and his failed attempts to ransom her. I thought the scene was hilarious. One of my favorites. Poor Hound, can't catch a break.

Edited by gotgrrrl

I have another example of the show dumbing down the story. On the map that Jorah is looking at near :30 into the episode it completely omits Slaver's Bay, Valryia, and the west coast of Essos. It shows Meereen directly across the Narrow Sea from King's Landing. Part of the reason for Dany being stuck in Meereen is because of the vast distance back to Westeros. She doesn't have the ships to go by sea and can't risk the long march on the Demon Road. Again, are we too dumb to be able to comprehend distances or a sense of a large world?

But seriously, what did they do with the map? Why is the world so small?

Yeah that had me scratching my head as i watched the episode. This still explains it though. Looks like it was just a case of one map resting on top of another. Map of Westeros on top of a larger map of Essos.

Edited by Penguin king

Cat, Tyrion, Bronn & Co, came up to the Bloody Gate. Littlefinger & Sansa came up to the Bloody Gate. Arya and the Hound came up to

the Bloody Gate. So, how can it be from a different angle? Does it move like Greywater Watch? Somewhere in all the discussion of this

episode I just saw Cat's arrival there along side that of Sansa's. I'm sorry, but to me it looks quite different. And we still have the problem

of people now being able to hike through the Vale untroubled by mountain tribes whereas Cat lost over half her group.

Oh, and please stop trying to explain Sansa's outfit as an Arryn thing. The Arryn sigil is a white falcon on a sky blue background. There

are no falcons that color. They can only be crow or raven feathers. And why would Sansa be decked out as an Arryn anyway? She's

supposed to be some connection of Littlefinger's. And mockingbirds (my state bird) are grey with white markings. Yes, this is fantasy

Westeros, not Texas, but as far as I remember only crows and ravens are black. Cersei and Tyrion use a common proverb, something like

the crow calling the raven black, in one of their arguments. That outfit is not mourning, Arryn or Mockingbird. It's OTT.

The Australian Black Falcon would disagree with you.

How exactly? In the books Arya was killing in cold blood as early as Harrenhall. What has show Arya done since then to make her character seem much darker?

I was a little surprised when Maisue Wlilliams said that about her character this season but dang she's right

You can clearly see how dark a road she is going down. Look at how she killed the guy in the pub with Needle, and the other guy who said what he was going to do to her with her own sword (Rorge). She didn't bat an eyelash. Also what she did to those idiots who were laughing about her brother's murder and mutilation around the fire.

I honestly love to see her go down this dark path. Westeros is long overdue for a character like her: some kind of dark avenger, which she is slowly becoming through ADWD. Like I said before, she is basically becoming Jaqen H'Ghar in female form. And to me, that's pretty damn cool. I'm rooting for her!

I was a little surprised when Maisue Wlilliams said that about her character this season but dang she's right

Don't get me wrong. Arya's certainly on a dark path, but in no way is it any darker than the one she's been treading in the books. If anything the fact that book arya is a lot younger serves to make her story all the more disturbing.

I kind of understand Sansa's dress as symbolic of a dark turn, and all the bird imagery, but I don't get her necklace.

Sort of looks like a stylized moon? And the long chain, ok, a symbol of being a prisoner maybe. But she holds the end of the chain herself, so she's in charge, I dunno.

But what is the long silver tube like thing at the end of the chain? The Hound conveniently reminds us that poison is a woman's weapon.

It's not a pen. I don't think it's a whistle. Certainly not just decorative.

Don't get me wrong. Arya's certainly on a dark path, but in no way is it any darker than the one she's been treading in the books. If anything the fact that book arya is a lot younger serves to make her story all the more disturbing.

I agree. I just didn't really see it until that interview.

It's too bad Tyrion's beetle-crushing soliloquy was so verbose; at half the length, with a clearer grounding in Tyrion's point of view, it could have been an other Emmy moment. Instead it came across as the work of a promising but unpolished student in a creative writing class. When you make a near miss while attempting literature, you come off as pretentious.

I noticed Tyrion punctuated his mystification over Orson's beetle-crushing by letting a bug escape from his grasp--the point being, I suppose, that even if he used to laugh at Orson, he no longer sees any appeal in crushing crippled or broken things. Anyone want to bet that he steps on a beetle shortly after hearing the truth about Tysha?