How would you rate episode 408?

How would you rate episode 408?  

831 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Ran I also rated this episode a 6 and agree with most of your assessment except the Grey Worm - Missandei scenes. Grey Worm is both unsullied and a eunuch. Only in the PC world of HBO would D&D create a sexual tension where none should never exist.

Well George had Unsullied cuddling with hookers in Mereen, so maybe you should rknow what you are reading.

TO be honest I feel like the show has gotten progressively worse since the first season. This has to be one of the worse episodes I've ever seen. The Missandei Grey Worm romance? Totally useless. They put more time in that then they could have in the Moat Cailin scene which felt rushed. The fight at the end was god awfully made. Gregors voice was also wayyyy to low from what I imagined in the books. I imagined him screaming. The Daenerys scene bored me to tears. The Tyrion scene bored me to tears and was totally useless unless there's subtle meaning other then the bonding of Lannisters that I'm missing. Moles town bored me to tears. The only interesting scene was the Sansa-Lords of the Vale scene which was kind of spoiled by Sansa turning into Maleficent. I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting considering the episode as a whole wasn't memorable. Giving it a 3.

Favourite episode of the season so far, gave it a 9. I enjoyed everything but I wasn't a fan of the beetle speech. That was just wasted time. I thought it was weird that dany was looking at nothing when talking to jorah, a little eye contact would of been nice, just reminded me of a blind person. I don't actually mind the missandei/ grey worm stuff but I wonder where they're taking it. Sansa scenes were awesome, shes really owning it this season. Her dress looks like something off the hunger games

TO be honest I feel like the show has gotten progressively worse since the first season. This has to be one of the worse episodes I've ever seen. The Missandei Grey Worm romance? Totally useless. They put more time in that then they could have in the Moat Cailin scene which felt rushed. The fight at the end was god awfully made. Gregors voice was also wayyyy to low from what I imagined in the books. I imagined him screaming. The Daenerys scene bored me to tears. The Tyrion scene bored me to tears and was totally useless unless there's subtle meaning other then the bonding of Lannisters that I'm missing. Moles town bored me to tears. The only interesting scene was the Sansa-Lords of the Vale scene which was kind of spoiled by Sansa turning into Maleficent. I'm sure there's other things I'm forgetting considering the episode as a whole wasn't memorable. Giving it a 3.

Wow.

I actually really enjoy Grey Worms parts. Just imagine all the things that he is feeling. He was a slave soldier essentially his entire life. He was never able to love someone let alone even given the chance to love someone. He is free now thanks to the great Dany Stormborn and is starting to actually FEEL things emotionally. Then when he learns that these feelings are pointless because of his lack of manhood, it must be really depressing. I think the scenes between Grey Worm and Missandei show a type of feeling that most would really find difficult to understand. I feel that is why a lot of people don't like these scenes.

:agree:

I've come to enjoy the Grey Worm and Missandei scenes. Daenerys confronting slavery is a massive theme over the last few seasons and promises to remain so. And freedom from slavery is an immensely, overpoweringly personal experience. Look at what Grey Worm and Missandei have discussed in their scenes: their abductions; their initial enslavements; their memories before slavery; their gratitude to Daenerys. Both of them are struggling to being people once more after years of being property.

Most fans cannot easily relate to their struggle. It's also not something popular audiences are used to seeing. Many posters are calling it a "romance," and while that element is there it is only a part of the Grey Worm/Missandei dynamic. We recognize the brash hero (Oberyn), the witty misunderstood rogue (Tyrion), the crazy queen (Cersei), the wandering swordsmen (The Hound and Arya), and the noble soldier (Jon). How former slaves live their lives after being freed doesn't fit the normal fantasy mold. But I think it makes a nice complement to the steady stream of violence, sex, and brutality of the show.

Edited by A Man Reads

9/10 - some of the earlier parts of the episode went on a little too long for my liking and I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get "mercy" this episode, but what was in there was really, really good.

10. But I have to ask, all you folks feeling Sansa is too rushed...she's spent years now observing the likes of Cersei, Joff, Tywin AND Lf in Kings Landing, & you think, like her half-bro Jon, she should still know nothing? I admit this frustrated me about her in the books. She seems awfully s-l-o-w in comparison to her sibs, especially given the wicked examples she's had surrounding her. Her fairy tales have been shattered most cruelly for a long time now. About time she showed some of her Tully smarts!

Grey Worm and Missandei are not nearly as important to the story as Ramsay, Theon, and Roose. They should have had all that time, and missandei and grey worm can get time whenever Dany is about. If we couldnt get some of Robbs bannermen on the show much like the greatjon and others, why should we get so much time with Dany's?

10. But I have to ask, all you folks feeling Sansa is too rushed...she's spent years now observing the likes of Cersei, Joff, Tywin AND Lf in Kings Landing, & you think, like her half-bro Jon, she should still know nothing? I admit this frustrated me about her in the books. She seems awfully s-l-o-w in comparison to her sibs, especially given the wicked examples she's had surrounding her. Her fairy tales have been shattered most cruelly for a long time now. About time she showed some of her Tully smarts!

I'm actually glad they are speeding her arc up a bit. Everything from Lysa's death to the boring ass trip down the mountain are just that, boring. I firmly believe she is going to end up killing Littlefinger before it's all said and done, but knowing Martin, LF will end up killing Sansa.

:agree:

I've come to enjoy the Grey Worm and Missandei scenes. Daenerys confronting slavery is a massive theme over the last few seasons and promises to remain so. And freedom from slavery is an immensely, overpoweringly personal experience. Look at what Grey Worm and Missandei have discussed in their scenes: their abductions; their initial enslavements; their memories before slavery; their gratitude to Daenerys. Both of them are struggling to being people once more after years of being property.

Most fans cannot easily relate to their struggle. It's also not something popular audiences are used to seeing. Many posters are calling it a "romance," and while that element is there it is only a part of the Grey Worm/Missandei dynamic. We recognize the brash hero (Oberyn), the witty misunderstood rogue (Tyrion), the crazy queen (Cersei), the wandering swordsmen (The Hound and Arya), and the noble soldier (Jon). How former slaves live their lives after being freed doesn't fit the normal fantasy mold. But I think it makes a nice complement to the steady stream of violence, sex, and brutality of the show.

Absolutely! I'm glad you feel the exact same way as me. I think that when Missandei says that she is glad that Grey Worm saw her was a really interesting line. It shows how much respect they have for each other. I can see a really strong relationship growing between them. I think this is a way of D&D showing a really strong felling of love towards with any sex involved. It shows love at the core. Almost like puppy love. Everyone know the feeling of having their first crush. There is no thought of anything but trying to understand them as a person and being around them.

Absolutely! I'm glad you feel the exact same way as me. I think that when Missandei says that she is glad that Grey Worm saw her was a really interesting line. It shows how much respect they have for each other. I can see a really strong relationship growing between them. I think this is a way of D&D showing a really strong felling of love towards with any sex involved. It shows love at the core. Almost like puppy love. Everyone know the feeling of having their first crush. There is no thought of anything but trying to understand them as a person and being around them.

Yes! "Having their first crush" is an excellent comparison. We're seeing adults struggle with their feelings, emotions, and relationships in a manner more commonly associated with teenagers today. Slavery and Grey Worm's castration are the reasons behind this arrested emotional development. I think it's great, but understand how it can throw viewers at first.

Not getting this whole "undermining LF/She's awesome at the game overnight" stuff. It seems pretty straightforward that she understands that LF couldn't have Cat, and that's she's the thing he wants. In the books one reason I don't particularly like Sansa is because she's oblivious to the obvious and she takes sooooooooo long to wise up even a little bit. She's not outsmarting LF, she's just coming into her own and noticing VERY obvious things that she could use to her advantage.

Not getting this whole "undermining LF/She's awesome at the game overnight" stuff. It seems pretty straightforward that she understands that LF couldn't have Cat, and that's she's the thing he wants. In the books one reason I don't particularly like Sansa is because she's oblivious to the obvious and she takes sooooooooo long to wise up even a little bit. She's not outsmarting LF, she's just coming into her own and noticing VERY obvious things that she could use to her advantage.

The one quote I keep coming back to is when he asks her "what do we do to the people who hurt the ones we love". Well, LF is partially responsible for the deaths of everyone she loved, is that foreshadowing?

The one quote I keep coming back to is when he asks her "what do we do to the people who hurt the ones we love". Well, LF is partially responsible for the deaths of everyone she loved, is that foreshadowing?

Ah that'd be nice, hadn't even thought of that.

Are we rating these shows compared to the books or compared to other TV shows?

People giving it 1-5 are being ridiculous.

People will vote how they will. There are no rules that I have seen.

Some people give 10s just to cancel out someone else's vote. Some people gave 10s to an episode a few weeks ago for no other reason than 'there was a cat in it'. Some people gave this episode 10s because there was some actress in it who was 'hot'. It can easily be argued, should such judgments be made, that the number of ridiculous 10s far far outweigh the number of ridiculous 1-5s.

People will vote how they will. There are no rules that I have seen.

Some people give 10s just to cancel out someone else's vote. Some people gave 10s to an episode a few weeks ago for no other reason than 'there was a cat in it'. Some people gave this episode 10s because there was some actress in it who was 'hot'. It can easily be argued, should such judgments be made, that the number of ridiculous 10s far far outweigh the number of ridiculous 1-5s.

She is not "hot" she is a beautiful goddess whom i will now worship from this day forth.