How would you rate episode 408?

How would you rate episode 408?  

831 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Am I the only book reader that enjoys these added scenes - I don't understand why these people want literal word for word translation of the books

Lets have Bran in 3 scenes for 3 seasons - Lets have 2 Arya Scenes in 10 episodes - because that whats it would be like

I loved it and need to know what these other book readers would do to improve things. I always ask myself this before I start to criticize. It's only fair and approaches the conversation from a constructive standpoint instead of just flat out complaining.

May I also add that these scenes are only filler because we know they mean nothing, the show loses its entire shock value if you know what happens - and thats one of the main thing that makes it great. If you If you spread ASOS over two seasons you need filler for characters that don't do much.

Filler is a stupid word I think. Some things are definitely filler, other things are there to flesh out the character. It's not filler just because it doesn't advance the plot directly.

Some people are watching the show for who knows what reason. Seasons 2/3 were worse than this season, they should've jumped off a long time ago.

Did you expect the fandom to be supportive? Surely you jest.

:cool4:

Thank you for laying out everything that is wrong with this fandom. Yeah im taking potshots at you guys and you really freaking deserve it. This disgusting "filthy casual" attitude and utter refusal to accept how adaptation works is just vile. To those who actually think this way, feel free to put me on your ignore lists cuz seriously, i want nothing to do with you.

:bowdown:

Thank you for laying out everything that is wrong with this fandom. Yeah im taking potshots at you guys and you really freaking deserve it. This disgusting "filthy casual" attitude and utter refusal to accept how adaptation works is just vile. To those who actually think this way, feel free to put me on your ignore lists cuz seriously, i want nothing to do with you.

What "filthy casual" attitude? Queen of Whores not basing his or her own enjoyment of the show upon the opinions of others isn't that at all, nor is it vile or deserving of some holier-than-thou spiel, jesus fuck.

Clearly my opinion has offended you somehow. I never said anything like "filthy casual," I only said that those that haven't read the books are obviously not going to have anything to compare the scene to, unlike those that have read the books. I suppose I just am less forgiving of the show not doing justice to scenes I love...? Your attitude seems a bit over-the-top for what is simply a differing of opinion.

I think at a certain point, just stop watching. We're 4 seasons in, if you didn't like it after 3, why keep on? If you don't like it by 4 and you tune in next season, well, that's just stupid. When I don't like a show, I don't cry about it, I stop watching it.

Astounding.

Fortunately people are perfectly allowed to have their own opinions.

I don't think the show is anywhere near as bad as many make out, but welcome to the block list anyway for the the admitted intent to personally attack people.

Are we rating these shows compared to the books or compared to other TV shows?

People giving it 1-5 are being ridiculous.

This.

A solid 10 from me. And I did read the books. Gods, some people are really pricky. This is indeniably great TV!

The opening scene is extremely immersive, Moat Cailin's putrefaction and illness is perfectly nailed, Littlefinger and Sansa scene is really really awesome. Yohn Royce casting is perfect, Jorah's banishment is correctly heartbreaking, Jaime and Tyrion's conversation is interesting, and gods, that final duel. Of course it's a bit rushed, but hell, it's television! You can't expect a scene to last twenty minutes only because that's the time it took you to read it.

I agree that Missandei and Grey Worm's relationship is bizarre, but shitting on the whole episode because of such futile details is simply being a dick.

Did you expect the fandom to be supportive? Surely you jest.

I'm not even sure I understand half of what you just said, but honestly it seems YOU'RE the one in need of utilizing your ignore button. Otherwise, if you don't enjoy reading dissenting opinion go elsewhere. I'm sure there are tons of places you can gush over your love of this shitty adaptation. Edited by Relic

With them it's- Littlefinger had to go through the Bloody Gate when he travelled by ship wtf 1/10 hated this episode. (yes I read this)

Spot on.

Its a case of ignorance and immaturity (aka the inability to ask yourself tough questions).

I don't mind folks bitching, it's just the lack of real constructive criticism.

1 of 10 -- although I feel bad giving it the same rating as episode 4, as this was clearly better, a solid 1.5, but I just couldn't justify giving it the gentleman's 2 (D).

Moat Cailin was excellent, and most of the Eyrie was great (this episode could have been a '2' if LF and Sansa had rehearsed *something* first and had it fail -- that would have made Sansa's save more believable). Also, why does Petyr ask Sansa if she knows what he wants -- he told her exactly what he wanted in episode 4. And it's exactly what Sansa thinks it is. This would have been a great time to have Sansa 'seduce' Petyr (what I think will happen in TWOW).

Everything else pretty much blew. I guess the combat would have been ok if I hadn't already read the books, but regardless, if you are going to name an episode after two people having a duel to the death, please make sure to add some sort of suspense. If the audience (extras who get paid to watch) look bored, that's not a good sign.

What "filthy casual" attitude? Queen of Whores not basing his or her own enjoyment of the show upon the opinions of others isn't that at all, nor is it vile or deserving of some holier-than-thou spiel, jesus fuck.

Look at it from both sides. It's not holier-than-thou, it's give me something better than shallow criticism.

Spot on.

Its a case of ignorance and immaturity (aka the inability to ask yourself tough questions).

Nope, even when some people offer valid reasons for not liking a scene, they get shut down and attacked by those that love the scene. Accusations of "nitpicking" and "book-purist" are almost definitely gonna get thrown around. I could outline a very long and detailed essay of why I disliked this episode, but what would that achieve apart from offending the sensitive people here that can't accept someone else's opinion?

I loved it and need to know what these other book readers would do to improve things. I always ask myself this before I start to criticize. It's only fair and approaches the conversation from a constructive standpoint instead of just flat out complaining.

People dont want to actually think about what they see on screen and figure it out. This is why you have people complaining about the beetle story. It makes them think but its not in the book. Therefore its bad by default. Even though you gotta be really thick to miss the point of that story. It has to be like the books otherwise its ass. Oh and non-readers are dumb shits who cant think for themselves. (nevermind the unsullied i talked to who saw Oberyn's death coming. Gee what dumbasses right?)

With them it's- Littlefinger had to go through the Bloody Gate when he travelled by ship wtf 1/10 hated this episode. (yes I read this)

I read that too. Thats just wtf.

Do you know how many posts about the "stupid unsullied" are out there from people who think because they read the books, they are better? Its fucking nonsense.

Clearly my opinion has offended you somehow. I never said anything like "filthy casual," I only said that those that haven't read the books are obviously not going to have anything to compare the scene to, unlike those that have read the books. I suppose I just am less forgiving of the show not doing justice to scenes I love...? Your attitude seems a bit over-the-top for what is simply a differing of opinion.

Unlike them I've actually read the books

How is this not elitist and putting down people who dont read the books? "Unlike them, i read the books, i know better cuz i loved them. Wah wah"

I think at a certain point, just stop watching.

Yeah. This. If you hate it so much, stop watching it. If you are disappointed, save yourself the agony..

I'm not even sure I understand half of what you just said, but honestly it seems YOU'RE the one in need of utilizing your ignore button. Otherwise, if you don't enjoy reading dissenting opinion go elsewhere. I'm sure there are tons of places you can gush over your love of this shitty adaptation.

Why are you watching it if its SO SHITTY! You are posting in a forum about something you hate. Why?

Yeah that. Theres saying "Yeah i dont like this because (reasons) and i pictured it different"

And then theres saying "oh this is fucking the worst because i dont like it."

1 of 10 -- although I feel bad giving it the same rating as episode 4, as this was clearly better, a solid 1.5, but I just couldn't justify giving it the gentleman's 2 (D).

Moat Cailin was excellent, and most of the Eyrie was great (this episode could have been a '2' if LF and Sansa had rehearsed *something* first and had it fail -- that would have made Sansa's save more believable). Also, why does Petyr ask Sansa if she knows what he wants -- he told her exactly what he wanted in episode 4. And it's exactly what Sansa thinks it is. This would have been a great time to have Sansa 'seduce' Petyr (what I think will happen in TWOW).

Everything else pretty much blew. I guess the combat would have been ok if I hadn't already read the books, but regardless, if you are going to name an episode after two people having a duel to the death, please make sure to add some sort of suspense. If the audience (extras who get paid to watch) look bored, that's not a good sign.

Like this post. This isnt a bad post. Yet this guy hated the shit out of this episode. You see the difference?

How is this not elitist and putting down people who dont read the books? "Unlike them, i read the books, i know better cuz i loved them. Wah wah"

Did you even read what I wrote??? I specifically outlined my reasoning behind that statement. You clearly are getting worked up over someone having a different opinion. Don't worry though, I'm done with this thread and trying to explain my arguments. Clearly it's causing too much angst.

People dont want to actually think about what they see on screen and figure it out. This is why you have people complaining about the beetle story. It makes them think but its not in the book. Therefore its bad by default. Even though you gotta be really thick to miss the point of that story. It has to be like the books otherwise its ass. Oh and non-readers are dumb shits who cant think for themselves. (nevermind the unsullied i talked to who saw Oberyn's death coming. Gee what dumbasses right?)

I read that too. Thats just wtf.

Do you know how many posts about the "stupid unsullied" are out there from people who think because they read the books, they are better? Its fucking nonsense.

Yeah. This. If you hate it so much, stop watching it. If you are disappointed, save yourself the agony..

Why are you watching it if its SO SHITTY! You are posting in a forum about something you hate. Why?

Yeah that. Theres saying "Yeah i dont like this because (reasons) and i pictured it different"

And then theres saying "oh this is fucking the worst because i dont like it."

Like this post. This isnt a bad post. Yet this guy hated the shit out of this episode. You see the difference?

You saved me a shit load of time.