How would you rate episode 408?

How would you rate episode 408?  

831 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Isn't it clear enough simply from the way we've seen his character behave these past four seasons? Isn't it clear based on the fact that the vast majority of us mature from when we were children?

Also, it's funny that Tyrion has a moment where he appears not to be a 'white knight', and people on the boards attack him for it. Because, you know, threatening to rape your nephew (even as a jest) or having someone murdered are so much more palatable than a young Tyrion deflecting criticism against himself by doing the same thing to another person with an unfortunate disability...

You're using too much reasonable logic for Ran, tbh.

9/10. It would have been a solid 10/10 if not for the WASTE OF TIME that was Missandei/Greyworm and the conversation about the Lannister cousin (wtff). They should have used that time giving more screen-time to Pedro Pascal which will be very missed. What saved the episode for me was the duel, Moat Cailin story line, the Vale and Jorah banishment.

Oh and how could I forget the song burping at Mole's Town.. as Maester Pycelle would say- Disgraceful

Edited by Asshai23

Who would give this episode a 1 or a 2 (...or a 3, for that matter)? When will you realize that this is NOT a word-for-word adaptation of GRRM's source material; it's the foundation, and D&D want to carve out their own legacy based off of it.

Idk, you lot must be very difficult people to please, just in general.

Edited by LilJonUmber

Sansa's storyline is not simplified. IMO, it is improved upon. If that is the last we see of Sansa this season, then I'll still be immensely satisfied. I LOVED the Sansa we just saw.

Yep. Also, for those concerned that a "notorious killer wanted for Murder One & Treason" has now exposed herself, the timing of the show is going to handle this, I believe. KL is soon gonna be in a world of hurt, plenty broken, & knowing Sansa's general whereabouts, IF it is discovered, is definitely the LEAST of their upcoming worries. In fact, IF Show-Cersei wants to add this to Show-Jamie's laundry list in the Riverlands, fine...we know how he feels about Sansa.

Who would give this episode a 1 or a 2 (...or a 3, for that matter)? When will you realize that this is NOT a word-for-word adaptation of GRRM's source material; it's the foundation, and D&D want to carve out their own legacy based off of it.

Idk, you lot must be very difficult people to please, just in general.

I would, and did (gentleman's 1). But thank you for giving me a new euphemism for taking a shit on somebody else's floor -- "carving out a legacy from somebody else's foundation".

I would, and did (gentleman's 1). But thank you for giving me a new euphemism for taking a shit on somebody else's floor -- "carving out a legacy from somebody else's foundation".

GRRM seems okay with it, otherwise he wouldn't agree to write an episode each season.

If you're TRULY a GRRM loyalist, you'd realize -- as he has -- that D&D has made him a richer man. Their ADAPTATION has spawned hordes of new readers, who would cease to exist otherwise.

I'd never even HEARD of ASOIAF until I was walking around NYC and saw a cardboard ad of Ned on the Iron Throne. I tuned in, and the rest is history.

To me, this seems eerily familiar to what happens in the music industry with a long-standing band. Fans are so fearful of being considered bandwagoners, that they feel compelled to cling to the earlier works without compromise--simply by default.

Surely this is an imperfect analogy, but let me ask you this: If this episode was a "1", then what, pray tell, do you rate an 8-10 on television these days?

And if it's TRULY a "1," then why -- oh why -- would you continue watching and commenting on such an abhorrent piece of crap?

I'll look forward to your response.

GRRM seems okay with it, otherwise he wouldn't agree to write an episode each season.

If you're TRULY a GRRM loyalist, you'd realize -- as he has -- that D&D has made him a richer man. Their ADAPTATION has spawned hordes of new readers, who would cease to exist otherwise.

I'd never even HEARD of ASOIAF until I was walking around NYC and saw a cardboard ad of Ned on the Iron Throne. I tuned in, and the rest is history.

To me, this seems eerily familiar to what happens in the music industry with a long-standing band. Fans are so fearful of being considered bandwagoners, that they feel compelled to cling to the earlier works without compromise--simply by default.

Surely this is an imperfect analogy, but let me ask you this: If this episode was a "1", then what, pray tell, do you rate an 8-10 on television these days?

And if it's TRULY a "1," then why -- oh why -- would you continue watching and commenting on such an abhorrent piece of crap?

I'll look forward to your response.

I gave *this episode* a '1', not the season, and not the series as a whole. I didn't "officially" rank seasons 1-3, but I'd say my "average" impression of GOT is in the 7-10 range.

I'm not a professional reviewer, so I only watch programs I like, and I watch very little tv (<5 hrs week), and this is the only show I like enough to go to a web forum and discuss/rate. So, basically, any rating I give an episode is relative to previous GOT episodes and the few other shows I've watched in the last few years.

And as to D&D shitting on somebody's floor -- I don't disapprove of changes being made, and I have liked some of their changes, and other I haven't liked but understood why they had to be made, but overall, I find that the weakest scenes are ones that are solely the show's invention -- not because they are changes, but because GRRM is a better writer than the rest. D&D contracted for an adaptation, not general permission to write their own fanfic in GRRM's world, so I'm not interested in their "legacy" of stories they'd like to tell in his world, but in how well they *show* me the story I've already *read*.

Most of this episode was forgettable for me because I really just wanted to see Oberyn wreck The Mountain, I love combat scenes where speed dominates power. I'm sad to see Oberyn go, he was yet another of my favourites that was killed off.

Here's a chronological list of my favourite characters:

• Ned - Dead
  • Arya
  • Tyrion - About to be Executed
  • Jorah - In Exile
  • Drogo - Dead
  • Bronn - Marrying some dumb cunt
  • Jaime - One handed now
  • Oberyn - Jell-O-Head

Technically only Arya is left of my favourites.. Woe is me.

Full of Crap

Very bad.
Emilia Clarke on everything
Trial of LF..rubbisch.
Suicide, Sansa talking before Baelish even talking to her, just make him look stupid.
It was just to show that Sansa grow some balls?

Nice
Duel between Oberyn and the Mountain.

Amusing
TYRION
talking about the writer(s)!

Having rewatched the episode now that i'm over the excitement of Oberyn's death, I think a 7/10 was too generous.

The duel itself along with the buildup beforehand really should have been a lot better than it was. I also think I gave too much praise for the Sansa/Littlefinger scenes. Sansa's speech to the lords of the Vale is excellent, but i'm bothered by how clueless it made Littlefinger look... and the scene where she comes down the stairs dressed in black and gives Petyr that look is a bit much. I'm surprised they didn't stick a thin black moustache on her face for her to twizzle. We get it, she's not a silly little girl anymore...

Aside from Theon's visit to Moat Cailin, which was perfect, almost everything else about the episode was poor. D&D really need to improve their writing if they're going to continue their fanfiction power trip rather than sticking to GRRM's material.

Edited by Ilúvatar

I'm getting better about not comparing to the books, but still, there was no reason for Sansa to say who she is really. But I like how they are treating her "awakening" to the game. I remain irritated that the Wall storyline has been so strung out, and don't like that they seem ready to unify the attack from the south and from teh north. Not as exciting. Give it an 8.