Wenda the White Fawn, Septa Lemore and the Toynes

Ygrain

Now this is an interesting theory - the only issue with it is a complete lack of buildup, or have I missed anything?

Well through the Worldbook we learn that the Harrenhal tourney had a shadow financier, very possibly Rhaegar. So that in and of itself makes it likely that Rhaegar and the Whents had some sort of understanding/conspiracy going on at the time of the Harrenhal tourney. This fact is compounded by the fact that Oswell is one of the three Kingsguards (and along with Arthur would have been one of only two Kingsguards with Rhaegar and perhaps Lyanna before Gerold joined them). Something happened to the four Whent brothers and their sister after the Harrenhal tourney for Cat to think of Shella being along in Harrenhal with her ghosts. So the impression is all of her children either died or went missing. It makes sense that the four brothers may have all died during the rebellion, but I find it odd that we don't hear anything about the initial Queen of Love and Beauty at the Harrenhal tourney before Lyanna is crowned. How does she die? Perhaps childbirth the Whent girls seem to have trouble with childbirth. But of course we're given no info on who she may have married. So I think it is at least possible that at some point during the rebellion she fakes her death and joins up with another fellow Rhaegar conspirator, (and one of the last still alive) Jon Connington to help put Rhaegar's child on the throne.

As to her motive, unsure. Just like I'm not sure what motive the Whents may have originally had to help Rhaegar put on his tourney and cast Aerys suspicious glance in their direction.

And for that matter, doesn't it also seem odd that Shella Whent just seems to drop off the face of Westeros as well? It seems unusual that we just hear about her abandoning her castle and then disappear into the ether.

I find it odd that we don't hear anything about the initial Queen of Love and Beauty at the Harrenhal tourney before Lyanna is crowned.

Which is what I meant by lack of buildup - that we don't hear a thing, there should have been some subtle mentions were this girl to turn up, just like there were with JonCon before we suddenly met him face to face.

But you're right that this girl has a lot ofpotential, especially in the light of theorizing that Lyanna might have stayed with the Whents after the tourney. Might they have been pals, might she have been privy to Lyanna's infatuation with Rhaegar? She would then have double incentive to help restore Aegon - the family loyalty as well as service to her dead friend.

Archived