What Charactors would you think make the best fool?

Batbob45

I think Renly would have made a fine fool. He's quick with the witty insults, has a flare for colorful clothing, and rumor has it that Loras considered him to be quite flexible. LOL Plus it would just be satisfying to see him in all his snotty / snide glory knocked down a few pegs.

Dolorous Edd but not in the traditional over the top dancing and singing way. Just keep him around for the occasional insightful cutting poignant remark.

If I had a fool in the traditional sense (someone you can degrade to make yourself feel better) it would have to be Rhaegar.

That combination of "poor me" BS while at the same time doing whatever he wants, man would it be hilarious to throw filth at him. Taking him down a notch would be the highlight of my day as king.

Also I think Lady Olena would be REALLY good at doing what an insult comic does. Like a Don Rickles or Triumph type style.

I'd love to see a duel for the golden jester hat between Stannis and Renly. Renly spewing a hundred jokes a minute in a faint hope that one of them will be actually funny, and Stannis with him grim determination. A clash of kings!

They actually out-sassed each other quite a bit during the parley. Shame that sarcasm isn't a thing in Westeros and no one understood their jokes.

They actually out-sassed each other quite a bit during the parley. Shame that sarcasm isn't a thing in Westeros and no one understood their jokes.

I didn't think either of them were funny, tbh. I find very few actual jokes in the books funny. More situational humour. But 'is he a ham?' et al are sub-meh. Also any "ha, it's funny because he has sex with men!' jokes likewise lame.

I didn't think either of them were funny, tbh. I find very few actual jokes in the books funny. More situational humour. But 'is he a ham?' et al are sub-meh. Also any "ha, it's funny because he has sex with men!' jokes likewise lame.

Well, I meant in the context of Westeros.

Stannis actually does crack me up at times, exactly because the characters who try/are supposed to be funny often aren't at all and he delivers everything in such a-matter-of-fact manner.

Archived