[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

stannis killing a giant himself would earn him HUUUUGE points with the unsullied! i'm hoping for some redemption for his character after this

It looks like the giant is about to die in that French promo so I'm hoping Stannis does the deed :) I'll be happy if he just kills something, my dreams are very small :)

1) It's likely that if Thorne dies during the battle, that Slynt is the one (as acting senior NW leadership group) who sends Jon to treat with Mance. That's why they need to show their previous antagonistic interactions so that it's clear why Slynt is doing this. There wouldn't be time for Jon to be elected or for him to behead someone from the NW in the middle of this battle.

2) I think they highlighted the previous Ygritte/Jon stuff (including the cave sex) to remind the audience of their relationship for their conversation as she's dying in his arms. In the books, she says "We should have stayed in the cave" and I'd bet they use that line on the show. Gilly was shown being spared because she'll find her way back to Castle Black this episode somehow.

yes i guess that does make sense...unexpected but acceptable...i was thinking they might show stannis come in, save their asses, pull a Tywin and march in to Castle Black saying "the battle is over, we have won!" then jon beheads slynt...but after your post i rmred that he does that after becoming LC, so thats definitely gona have to wait till next season...

again, very much makes sense that gilly being spared was so she returns safely to castle black...im kinda relieved they wont be showing Ygritte pregnant, might have been a bit too cheesy

And the actual promo footage, a bunch of footage really - his knights charging, Mace running, scared Giant in the morning light...if Stannis is gonna kill a giant I'm gonna explode.

What, you don't have an appropriate Stannis pic for this statement? :P

This would mean Jon won't be up on top of the Wall to lead the men, unfortunately. Jon IS up on top at some point

I've said it once but from the promos, it seems that the archers of the Watch will be suspended from top of the Wall to be able to fire at the wildlings below. It always bothered me the distance between the archers top of the Wall and the wildlings archers in the books, so I'm glad of this very visual change.

As for Jon top of the Wall I think he'll start the defense of the episode up there (witnessing the fire) before having to go down to stop the attack from the south.

It'll actually be really cool considering two seasons ago the Battle of Blackwater showed Stannis' defeat in fire now it'll have an episode dedicated to Stannis' victory in ice. Loving the parallels.

i actually thought about it in a different way...

at blackwater and the wall, both cases, Stannis' enemy is wielding fire and trying to use it as a weapon against him...

at blackwater, Mel was left behind and hence he lost

at the Wall, she's with him and so he wins...

of course i do not believe Mel's involvement had anything to do with either outcome, but i bet she's gona spin it to make it seem like it was all her...i recall her stating to davos already last season something along the lines that if she was present during blackwater, the fire wouldn't have harmed them and it was his fault she was left behind...

curious to see if she's gona take credit for the victory in the show, dont think she did in the books...

It'll actually be really cool considering two seasons ago the Battle of Blackwater showed Stannis' defeat in fire now it'll have an episode dedicated to Stannis' victory in ice. Loving the parallels.

Yes. And that was his last - and only - epic moment in the show. He's been lower than a snake's belly since 2.10 so it will be great to see him back on top, to see the man that people once feared (apart from Joffrey obviously, he was going to give him a red smile.....), the fierce warrior from pre-series.

Yeah I'm totally not working myself into a lather for this episode

:wub:

MAMMOOOOOOOTH !!!!

Yeah, there's gonna be at least one of them this episode ! Cant wait for it !

Really... after "ELIAAAAA" last episode, the battlecry for this one should definitly be "MAMMOOOOOTH !" :D

Chillax, what i meant is whether stannins will show up at the end of this episode or the beginning of episode 10.I was skeptical,since i didnt see any sign of stannis or his knights in this episode's promo (or maybe i missed it?). Dont get me wrong, this event is my season's highlight, and i was just making sure that i wont be waiting another week for it

Chillax, what i meant is whether stannins will show up at the end of this episode or the beginning of episode 10.I was skeptical,since i didnt see any sign of stannis or his knights in this episode's promo (or maybe i missed it?). Dont get me wrong, this event is my season's highlight, and i was just making sure that i wont be waiting another week for it

Yeah they're not in ep promo, they are really trying not to spoil people.

You know, until opening credits.

This is perfect! :lol:

A whole episode with Jon and Stannis (his epicness will outweigh barley being in the episode). I would take this over a Tyrion and Dany episode any day. This could become a favourite!

They should have their own spin off! :P

Definitely! I love the interactions between them and really hope the show adds more ( for once, added non-canon scenes I extremely encourage!) and they better include this line. :D

That's brilliant! I can't wait for all the new Stan memes that'll be appearing in a few days :D

And the actual promo footage, a bunch of footage really - his knights charging, Mace running, scared Giant in the morning light...if Stannis is gonna kill a giant I'm gonna explode.

Sam will run around with this crossbow to kill the giant (because he's about to harm Gilly and they want to show super-brave Sam), but he'll fail, everything's lost, but then comes the Mannis and saves Sam (and Gilly) from the giant, and Sam will say his "A King who still cares"-line out loud :commie:

Archived