[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

Anything on ghost?

Nothing official and not a glimpse in the preview, but I wouldnt worry at all for Ghost.

I'd bet they were still working on the CGI two weeks ago so we still have some surprises in reserve not shown by the previews.

And we have seen there will be wolves during the episode. Why show wolves and not Ghost during the episode, especially since he and Summer are the two most important direwolves. Now, the question is : are the CGI good enough to give us a shot of Jon and Ghost fighting together side by side ? Or will we just see him attacking just in brief shots ?

Well summarized, Ignorant Bog Woman! The only thing I'd add is that due to the voice-over on the promo, there'll be at least one scene with my favourite Maester :thumbsup:

My speculation is that it occurs after Ygritte's death, but it could be used as foreshadowing, too. Aemon says that, and then boom! Buh bye Gritte-zy!

Yes, I will be quite disappointed if we go through this entire episode without any Aemon!

If you'll be curious about Stannis moment just get on my twitter in 12,5h - there will be meltdown there and if it's happy it means they did a good job with his big moment :)

Yes, for sure! That's definitely one of the first things I'll do after the episode! I'm looking forward to all the new 4x09 stuff on your websites soon (and your Review tomorrow :) Always love your reviews).

I hope so much they'll give you and us all awesome badass Stannis stuff, so you can make maaany new gifs.

I'm not a big Stannis fan and honestly I cannot believe so many people are die hard Stannis fans. Yes, Stannis will save the wall in a triumphant fashion...try to retake the North, etc...I'm glad for those things, but I really dislike him.

I'm not a big Stannis fan and honestly I cannot believe so many people are die hard Stannis fans. Yes, Stannis will save the wall in a triumphant fashion...try to retake the North, etc...I'm glad for those things, but I really dislike him.

I find it funny that so many people want this episode just for the Stannis moment, something that will take up all of a couple of minutes as most at the very end. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out, seeing who dies and seeing if Jon Snow has his big moment as a leader of the Night's Watch. All of those are more important than Stannis' men charging and wiping out the Wildlings by surprise. I can already see the outrage that will flow in this forum if we don't get the 'chant' at the end, even if the rest of the episode is spectacular.

Since this is the 9th episode of the season, many people believe that Jon will die, and that the thenns eat every crow at the wall

Even people who remember that Stannis once said that he was going to the wall believes that he will either be too late, or arrive at the southern side of the wall.

I have a feeling that after they see a good thing happening in the 9th episode, many of them will stop believing that Tyrion will die in episode 10

Since this is the 9th episode of the season, many people believe that Jon will die, and that the thenns eat every crow at the wall

Even people who remember that Stannis once said that he was going to the wall believes that he will either be too late, or arrive at the southern side of the wall.

I have a feeling that after they see a good thing happening in the 9th episode, many of them will stop believing that Tyrion will die in episode 10

Actually, I think they would be more apt to believe that because something good happened at the Wall, that means something horrible will happen to Tyrion XD

"WAAAAAH! IT FELT RUSHED! THEY DESTROYED HIS MOMENT! HE DIDN'T SLAUGHTER 1.000.000 GIANTS BY HIS OWN!!! RAAAAGE!!!!" :P

Really, I don't expect too much. As long as I get a great badass shot of him at the end, and they do him and this moment justice, I'll be very, very happy! (I won't whine about the cutted chant or somerthing)

And I'm not ONlY looking forward to this episode because of the very few Stannis minutes/seconds, I'm also looking extremely forward to see Jon being the great leader, and the awesome battles generally, many minor characters having (hopefully) their moments, the giants, mammoth, wolves (Ghost!), I'm very excited about Jon/Mance... Really, this episode is going to have many brilliant things!

Yes, for sure! That's definitely one of the first things I'll do after the episode! I'm looking forward to all the new 4x09 stuff on your websites soon (and your Review tomorrow :) Always love your reviews).

I hope so much they'll give you and us all awesome badass Stannis stuff, so you can make maaany new gifs.

I may only have enough footage for one gif :) Don't know what the hell I'll do with my Stannis per ep thing, probably just make the gif really big ^^

I find it funny that so many people want this episode just for the Stannis moment, something that will take up all of a couple of minutes as most at the very end. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out, seeing who dies and seeing if Jon Snow has his big moment as a leader of the Night's Watch. All of those are more important than Stannis' men charging and wiping out the Wildlings by surprise. I can already see the outrage that will flow in this forum if we don't get the 'chant' at the end, even if the rest of the episode is spectacular.

Well that is your opinion. I just care about the Stannis moment even if it's a second of him on screen. I like Jon Snow this season but it's all about Stannis for me. I don't care if they don't include the chant as long as they do the justice to the scene - because if he didn't come they would all be dead meat. And if they don't I'll hate the episode. I don't care about how awesome it will be, I always found the endings important and this is a moment I've been looking forward to seeing for a long time. It all hangs on that for me, much like LS in finale, but they still have Tyrion's last ASOS chapter there which is my fav, so I think I'll like the finale either way.

it's just a really big moment for him in the books and marks the turning point of his storyline. I'm actually more interested in what happens in episode 10 when he settles in at the Wall and starts to appraise the situation. He has been so isolated up to this point and focussed on HIS issues (in both books and show), that it will be good to see him change his focus.

But I absolutely love these big GoT setpieces. They've all been spot on so far so this should be brilliant too, especially as they have a bigger budget now compared to Blackwater.

There will be so much rage if there is no chanting but I don't know will it work as well on TV if you can actually see him. In the books Jon is looking out and wondering who the troops belong to and only realises who it is when he hears the name. I would much rather SEE him, though if he's charging in with his troops chanting behind him then that would also be acceptable to me :drool:

I may only have enough footage for one gif :) Don't know what the hell I'll do with my Stannis per ep thing, probably just make the gif really big ^^

Well that is your opinion. I just care about the Stannis moment even if it's a second of him on screen. I like Jon Snow this season but it's all about Stannis for me. I don't care if they don't include the chant as long as they do the justice to the scene - because if he didn't come they would all be dead meat. And if they don't I'll hate the episode. I don't care about how awesome it will be, I always found the endings important and this is a moment I've been looking forward to seeing for a long time. It all hangs on that for me, much like LS in finale, but they still have Tyrion's last ASOS chapter there which is my fav, so I think I'll like the finale either way.

I'm don't mind that people want to see Stannis, I do, too...I just have seen some people building up the chant like they did 'Only Cat', when really, the words are not as important as what's going on.

I'm still wondering who will be the slo-mo death we heard about, and whether it'll be Ygritte in this episode. Is this episode being directed by the director who likes to use slo-mo? *Calling KonradSmith!* (Looks around, where is he??!! He always knows this stuff...)

I'm don't mind that people want to see Stannis, I do, too...I just have seen some people building up the chant like they did 'Only Cat', when really, the words are not as important as what's going on.

Oh nobody really minded about the change from "Only Cat"..........................................

:read:

I'm still wondering who will be the slo-mo death we heard about, and whether it'll be Ygritte in this episode. Is this episode being directed by the director who likes to use slo-mo? *Calling KonradSmith!* (Looks around, where is he??!! He always knows this stuff...)

Yeah Neil Marshall used slow-mo in Blackwater and has used it in some of his movies so I expect it'll be Ygritte's death tonight.

Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out

What I most want to see this episode :

- Quiet moment of talk in all the three groups before the attack.

- Archers and scarecrows top of the Wall.

- Giant attack on the tunnels.

- Jon and Ghost fighting together.

- Ygritte's last words and Kit Harrington acting at this moment.

- Jon and Styr duel.

- Thorne and Tormund duel.

- Slynt being a pain in the ass.

- Mance and Jon meeting.

- The charge and Jon / Stannis meeting to end the episode.

Aaaand... I realize that's pretty much the entire episode ! ^^

So excited !

Archived