[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

I very much hope Stannis' rescue is given the screentime it deserves, rather than ending the moment you see his face. There should be a real battle, with Stannis at the forefront. This, I think, is a lot more important than a cliched chant.

I very much hope Stannis' rescue is given the screentime it deserves, rather than ending the moment you see his face. There should be a real battle, with Stannis at the forefront. This, I think, is a lot more important than a cliched chant.

Well, they / Neil Marshall promised us "3 battles", not 2,5 or 2 1/4 battles.

So, I guess we'll get three, indeed (even two happen more or less at the same time, and one very short at the end... But nevertheless 3).

I agree with this. I also suspect they're going to add another reivindicative factor by him refusing to use Shireen, as had been implied during Mel and Selyse's chat, showing that he's not a crazy fanatic like the others. It should be something like 'I won't sacrifice my own daughter for your god. If I am to be king it will be fighting' sort of thing. In that way Melissandre's presence there may not be seen as gravitating as it is for many. Well, that's my hope anyway...

As for the Stannis! chant, it'd be cool if they kept it, but it's not that important. If they show Jon's seeing the Baratheon banner and saying 'Stannis' and then Stan The Man leading the charge and the wildlings pissing their pants, I'm happy.

ETA: the soundtrack preview. You Are No Son of Mine, even that little bit, sounds so dramatic and promising! I can't wait for that moment.

Sorry, iheartseverus, I was asleep and couldn't swoop in sooner with an answer on the slow-mo front.

I don't know specifically which director the scene would be in, but I assume Neil Marshall since he used slow-mo before pretty prominently in Blackwater. Since Ygritte's is the biggest death I'd go with her too. But then who knows, it could be Alex Graves as well. If it is I'm going to guess Tywin because in terms of power shifts and whatnot that'll be the biggest death of the season and might need extra epicness to sink the point home. Then, if he indeed is sitting on the crapper as it happens, we might not want to see what happens any slower than it ought to be.

I'm don't mind that people want to see Stannis, I do, too...I just have seen some people building up the chant like they did 'Only Cat', when really, the words are not as important as what's going on.

I found Only Cat change to be awful because it's essentially writers dumbing down the line because they think the audience is a bunch of utter morons who don't know who Cat is

The trumpets are in. Listen to the end of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikuYDOOUnEg

Wow ! The charge will be epic ! I loved seing Mance reacting to it, drawing his sword and watching what the hell is happening.

I doubt Mance will have a tent. The meeting with Jon (and Sam) will take place in the open, I think. Jon is probably right behind Mance in that shot we see of him.

^ Had the same reaction.

I stand corrected on what I just said above, Jon is definitly not in that shot with Mance.

This makes me worrying that their talk will be cut, since I dont see where in the episode Mance could be fighting other than Stannis charge. Moreover this shot is in the morning so it is definitly Stannis charge. But Jon should be somewhere around !

^ Had the same reaction.

I stand corrected on what I just said above, Jon is definitly not in that shot with Mance.

This makes me worrying that their talk will be cut, since I dont see where in the episode Mance could be fighting other than Stannis charge. Moreover this shot is in the morning so it is definitly Stannis charge. But Jon should be somewhere around !

I'm sure they'll have the talk and Jon is somewhere there, they can't really cut it out or just have Jon there about to talk to Mace and then the one true God arrives :D

I wonder what show!Jon reaction will be when the trumpets starts. In the book he returns inside the tent, but this will surely be different in the show. Mance will probably react quickly as we see in the preview and face the cavalry but will Jon tries to capture him ? Will he prepare himself to fight this new foe ? Will he stay blatantly doing nothing ? Will he try to protect the eventual extra playing Mance's pregnant wife (doubt it) ? Will he kill Rattleshirt ? ...

I find it funny that so many people want this episode just for the Stannis moment, something that will take up all of a couple of minutes as most at the very end. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out, seeing who dies and seeing if Jon Snow has his big moment as a leader of the Night's Watch. All of those are more important than Stannis' men charging and wiping out the Wildlings by surprise. I can already see the outrage that will flow in this forum if we don't get the 'chant' at the end, even if the rest of the episode is spectacular.

seriously. I feel like D&D "disrespect" for Stannis has done more to raise his stature than anything that happened the book.

Archived