[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

As stated previously, this is pretty clearly a fan-edit compiling all the footage of the battle we've seen from various trailers (the "OCS Lundi" image wouldn't be there in select clips otherwise). The trumpets are probably from some other source (movie, sound effect, etc). I don't think there's any actual new footage in it to suggest otherwise.

I find it funny that so many people want this episode just for the Stannis moment, something that will take up all of a couple of minutes as most at the very end. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing how the battle plays out, seeing who dies and seeing if Jon Snow has his big moment as a leader of the Night's Watch. All of those are more important than Stannis' men charging and wiping out the Wildlings by surprise. I can already see the outrage that will flow in this forum if we don't get the 'chant' at the end, even if the rest of the episode is spectacular.

I have been very vocal about the fact that I'm not a Stannis fan. This battle scene was very anticlimactic for me. I don't know where you get 'spectacular' from but hey...if you liked it...great. One mammoth, two giants and not a whole lot of wildings. Extremely disappointing.

go joff go, on 08 Jun 2014 - 1:52 PM, said:

I just can't imagine them killing all of pyp, grenn, and Thorne.there would be so few characters at the wall.

i think that was the point. it sucks. i liked those guys, but they need to trim the number of characters. jon doesnt even really interact with any of them in adwd, so it probably doesnt matter too much in the long run. at least we got some good scenes with them.

To be honest, I don't think Grenn will be back from Hardhome, so at least he got a cool death! But the killing of Grenn and Pyp makes me lean slightly more toward Val being cast...if the gods are kind, they'll hear my prayers, PLEASE GIVE ME VAL! :bowdown: :)

FFS, Thorne isn't dead. He took a bad wound and was dragged off the battlefield giving commands. Pyp and Grenn dying sucked though. Who else thought all those extended late shots of Grenn would result in him waking up? I was truly stunned when he didn't.

Archived