[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

I wonder what show!Jon reaction will be when the trumpets starts. In the book he returns inside the tent, but this will surely be different in the show. Mance will probably react quickly as we see in the preview and face the cavalry but will Jon tries to capture him ? Will he prepare himself to fight this new foe ? Will he stay blatantly doing nothing ? Will he try to protect the eventual extra playing Mance's pregnant wife (doubt it) ? Will he kill Rattleshirt ? ...

I think it is time for another classic Jon/Stannis gif mash up -

http://37.media.tumblr.com/5ec8b61bcb5c04c25ab25fed57e91bdb/tumblr_mmfxh2Qwjc1qhvsjmo1_r1_250.gif +

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f69397ff61a6078ba0d4990247a27a6d/tumblr_n6gap32soP1qgfbkmo4_250.gif

I think Jon's face will more like this though http://31.media.tumblr.com/e1dd867cfdc2e19ebab6df30f003930d/tumblr_mw24iosLl01qmgbv3o3_250.gif

^ Excellent as always ! =D

I still hope we'll get some Jon action during the charge and be the one to present Stannis with Mance.

This is the alternative -

http://37.media.tumblr.com/62b2af9455a23e25f7bb09b132449b7e/tumblr_mk8ime5SC81qi98lko3_250.gif +

https://31.media.tumblr.com/096a581d13d760be3b61ee2f5f432217/tumblr_n6v2e8tk7y1qgfbkmo6_250.gif :)

I think they will want to make everything as quick and mindblowing as possible, so Mace will probably just run off somewhere and Jon will be standing there, stunned

Isn't that just a fan-edit though, Ignorant Bog Woman? Just a compilation of all released footage that is presumably in this episode?

This. I don't see how that particular fan would have access to material not yet released in trailers/promos. It's far more likely that they just used trumpet/cavalry sound effects from somewhere else to generate hype.

ETA: sati, those are excellent!

This. I don't see how that particular fan would have access to material not yet released in trailers/promos. It's far more likely that they just used trumpet/cavalry sound effects from somewhere else to generate hype.

Hmm maybe so. Guess we'll find out

I found Only Cat change to be awful because it's essentially writers dumbing down the line because they think the audience is a bunch of utter morons who don't know who Cat is

I'm sorry, but changing "Only Cat" to "Your sister" isn't dumbing down anything. It's just a change in dialogue that means the exact same thing. The only people who cared about that in the first place are those who hang around these forums and build up words and phrases to have more meaning than they were ever meant to have originally. Go off these forums, and I guarantee you people will look at you funny if you say "Only Cat".

I'm just worried that people will do the same thing to the "Stannis!" chant. I don't really care what they do or say as long as the action is still there and still awesome.

It was a pointless change imo. Some book readers are more attached to the source material than you are clearly. Its great that you don't care but like I said before if they leave out the Stannis chant I probably will be a little disapointed. It won't ruin the episode or anything (I greatly enjoyed the "Only Cat" scene while still being ticked off they changed an iconic line for no reason at all) but I'll still probably bitch about it in the nitpicking thread :D

And that's bullshit about these forums being the only place people complained about Only Cat.

I'm sorry, but changing "Only Cat" to "Your sister" isn't dumbing down anything. It's just a change in dialogue that means the exact same thing. The only people who cared about that in the first place are those who hang around these forums and build up words and phrases to have more meaning than they were ever meant to have originally. Go off these forums, and I guarantee you people will look at you funny if you say "Only Cat".

I'm just worried that people will do the same thing to the "Stannis!" chant. I don't really care what they do or say as long as the action is still there and still awesome.

You couldn't be more wrong, imho.

As Ignorant Bog Woman said in the first post, there will probably be a mammoth in this episode. I hope she's right. But I don't know will there be a reappearance of Orell's eagle. I would like to see Thenn warg screaming after his owl takes a taste of Melisandre's flame. We really might expect the death's of Pyp (from Ygritte's arrow), Grenn (from the giant) and Alliser Thorne (Tormund kills him in one on one duel). I think Tormund will survive the battle, probably because something will fall upon his head and knock him down. And, when he wakes up, surprise! He's in chains.

It was a pointless change imo. Some book readers are more attached to the source material than you are clearly. Its great that you don't care but like I said before if they leave out the Stannis chant I probably will be a little disapointed. It won't ruin the episode or anything (I greatly enjoyed the "Only Cat" scene while still being ticked off they changed an iconic line for no reason at all) but I'll still probably bitch about it in the nitpicking thread :D

And that's bullshit about these forums being the only place people complained about Only Cat.

It's not bullshit, because I've been on other forums that were more general and nobody gave a fuck about it...all they were talking was the fact that Lysa was pushed out of the moon door. "Only Cat" confused the hell out of me when I came on this forum and my husband had no idea what I was talking about (and he's read the books since they came out). I talked about it with people who have read the books and watch the show and they had absolutely no clue that it was even and issue. It was an insignificant line that was made significant by a few fans and then became a meme of sorts. The show runners shouldn't feel compelled to hold to something simply because a few fans think it should be that way if they feel something different works better.

Anyway, I won't hijack this thread about something that has nothing to do with this subject, especially when it's already been beaten to death in other threads.

And no, I don't really get upset by minor changes...hell, most of the time major changes don't bother me, either, as long as they work in the show (or movie). I never start watching an episode of GoT with expectations of certain things needing to happen for me to like it...I know the general framework, but I love when they deviate from what I know because that's what makes it exciting.

All I want out of this episode is an exciting battle and some great spectacle...both of which we have had very little of this entire season. I think it will be great, no matter what they do, and I love the prospect of people unexpectedly dying or things from the book unexpectedly changing. Maybe that makes me different from some book readers in this forum, but it's just a show and it's just a book...I don't take them very seriously to begin with.

As Ignorant Bog Woman said in the first post, there will probably be a mammoth in this episode. I hope she's right. But I don't know will there be a reappearance of Orell's eagle. I would like to see Thenn warg screaming after his owl takes a taste of Melisandre's flame. We really might expect the death's of Pyp (from Ygritte's arrow), Grenn (from the giant) and Alliser Thorne (Tormund kills him in one on one duel). I think Tormund will survive the battle, probably because something will fall upon his head and knock him down. And, when he wakes up, surprise! He's in chains.

There is a mammoth in the promo. It's confirmed!

Also, I'm not a she. But I don't blame you for thinking that considering my username. :D

There is a mammoth in the promo. It's confirmed!

Also, I'm not a she. But I don't blame you for thinking that considering my username. :D

You should use your fabulous imdb avatar here :)

so i just thought of something. there is something good that might come out of gren and pip dying in this episode. it means edd will be jon's only remaining friend at the wall!!!! thus, MOOOORRRRRREEEEEEE EEEEEEEDDD!!!!! :))))))

I just can't imagine them killing all of pyp, grenn, and Thorne.there would be so few characters at the wall.

I just can't imagine them killing all of pyp, grenn, and Thorne.there would be so few characters at the wall.

Stannis, Janos, Sam and Gilly, Melisandre, Jon, Tormund, Edd

Most of those will leave throughout the season though, lol.

Jon and Mel should be really fun to watch.

I hate the idea, too...but even in the books, they are all sent away from CB in ADWD, so killing them off in the show right here makes sense, and gives more weight to losses felt in the battle.

Archived