[Book/Show Spoilers] Synopsis, Promo, Recap and Speculation

The loopiness of imdb can be pretty great though. I just clicked on a thread now there called "the Viper lost because" and what did the guy say? Pride? Overconfidence? Nope, the guy said, "He gave up on the gravy, you CANNOT give up on the gravy."

Some of the trolls there actually come up with decent satire too.

This is the alternative -

http://37.media.tumblr.com/62b2af9455a23e25f7bb09b132449b7e/tumblr_mk8ime5SC81qi98lko3_250.gif +

https://31.media.tumblr.com/096a581d13d760be3b61ee2f5f432217/tumblr_n6v2e8tk7y1qgfbkmo6_250.gif :)

I think they will want to make everything as quick and mindblowing as possible, so Mace will probably just run off somewhere and Jon will be standing there, stunned

That's fucking brilliant :lol:

Hey guys! I've seen that many people are expecting to see Tormund killing Thorne, or at least leaving him fatally wounded, so that he passes the Wall to Jon.

But is it only me who actually hopes that Alliser Thorne doesn't die? I mean, in the books he's still there in aDwD, in fact, Jon sends him over the wall, and he promises to return or something... I don't know if that will turn out to be important, but it was cool seeing Jon getting rid of him and Slynt when becoming LC. I hope they keep it, and not just kill Alliser Thorne in this ep.

Yeah, but seing the reduced cast of the NW, they dont have any Denys Malliser or Cotter Pyke to be real contenders for the election. Or even Hobb or whoever else presented himself.

There we have only Thorne and Slynt. Thorne is already acting commander and if he survives he should normally stay in command. Especially with Stannis demanding someone to really lead them quickly.

Though, they could always have Thorne survive and still be commander at the end of the season and have the election brought next season but that's a shame considering all the material Jon has in Dance (reread all his chapters today, they are awesome !).

The election needs to happen in the finale, and with Thorne living there would be no election. So I think and somehow hope that he dies heroically during the battle.

That would leave only Slynt as an opposant to Jon and seing how he is hated and how much Jon did during the battle, Jon will be easily elected, allowing the series to continue on other material next season.

That's fucking brilliant :lol:

:cheers:

The loopiness of imdb can be pretty great though. I just clicked on a thread now there called "the Viper lost because" and what did the guy say? Pride? Overconfidence? Nope, the guy said, "He gave up on the gravy, you CANNOT give up on the gravy."

Some of the trolls there actually come up with decent satire too.

My favorite thing on Monday were the 'is Oberyn dead?' threads :P

Yeah, but seing the reduced cast of the NW, they dont have any Denys Malliser or Cotter Pyke to be real contenders for the election. Or even Hobb or whoever else presented himself.

There we have only Thorne and Slynt. Thorne is already acting commander and if he survives he should normally stay in command. Especially with Stannis demanding someone to really lead them quickly.

Though, they could always have Thorne survive and still be commander at the end of the season and have the election brought next season but that's a shame considering all the material Jon has in Dance (reread all his chapters today, they are awesome !).

The election needs to happen in the finale, and with Thorne living there would be no election. So I think and somehow hope that he dies heroically during the battle.

That would leave only Slynt as an opposant to Jon and seing how he is hated and how much Jon did during the battle, Jon will be easily elected, allowing the series to continue on other material next season.

Yeah, I guess you're right! I agree with you that Jon should end this season as LC. I'll just hope they manage to build this up without killing Thorne. However, if that's the price for having a cool development for the elections, and a badass Jon Snow in season 5, I'll totally let Ser Alliser die :lol:

I hope so very much than Stannis kills a giant. I'd forgive everything about show Stannis if he kills a giant.

Hopefully we get the trumpets and Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!!!!

Edit: I now know trumpets are confirmed.

This is probably my favourite scene in the books. When I first read them, and this happened, I was genuinely "fuck yeah" as I'm pretty sure it's the first good thing to happen to anybody in the entire series.

How's everyone passing the time?

Drinking massive amounts of coffee because the ep is 2h away and I have to be at work in 6 so obviously I'm not sleeping for 24h today :)

The LC vote would get more justice next season.

Stannis demands it, so he only has to deal with the real LC.

Bran is part of the Tree, and takes over BR's role of warging the Crow out of the pot or what ever it was holding the slips of paper, screaming, "Snow, Snow, Snow." Although for time sake there will be only one vote most likely.

This will probably be after they have the Dalia bloody birth scene, and intro of Val.

I'm spending the time flipping around among 4 sites, soaking up all the Stannis anticipation--here, NeoGAF sullied, PTV and WiC. Tried all afternoon to sit back and continue listening to the latest Stephen King book at Audible, but its no use. Can't concentrate on anything else on GoT Sundays.

Sati, what time is it now wherever you're at?

I'm spending the time flipping around among 4 sites, soaking up all the Stannis anticipation--here, NeoGAF sullied, PTV and WiC. Tried all afternoon to sit back and continue listening to the latest Stephen King book at Audible, but its no use. Can't concentrate on anything else on GoT Sundays.

Sati, what time is it now wherever you're at?

It's almost 1 am :D

Edit: I now know trumpets are confirmed.

This is probably my favourite scene in the books. When I first read them, and this happened, I was genuinely "fuck yeah" as I'm pretty sure it's the first good thing to happen to anybody in the entire series.

HOW? Share your secrets!!!!1111

Drinking massive amounts of coffee because the ep is 2h away and I have to be at work in 6 so obviously I'm not sleeping for 24h today :)

I'm in the UK so can't actually see it until 9pm our time tomorrow! But I am SOOOOO excited. I shall be doing my usual trick of spying on all the posters who are watching live tonight. I love all the reactions and comments. Great fun. I'm going to miss you all in two weeks' time :(

Archived