Best actor in the show

The King Of Cooked Steak

I'm not talking about the best casting or the which actor portrays their character best, but rather judging purely by his/her acting, who is the best in the cast?

The Lannisters are IMO the best actors in the show. Lena Headey, NCW, Charles Dance, and Peter Dinklage all give almost Oscar-worthy performances. Honorable mention also goes to Michelle Fairley, who also did a wonderful job. I was stunned that she wasn't nominated for an Emmy last year for "Rains Of Castamere".

But TBH, even though all of the above do an incredible job, the one that is the best acting-wise IMO is Lena Headey. She took this character that I loathe with a passion, and turned her into a very sympathetic mother who is afraid for her children. Cersei became more than just a paranoid bitch and a more human side of her was shown not just through the writing, but also, the performance gave it so much power.

Julian Glover (who plays Pycelle) is probably the greatest actor I've ever seen on stage (Cassius in Julius Ceasar for the RSC back in 1995 I think). Absolutely magnetic performance.

Others who are up there in ability are Conleth Hill,Charles Dance, Peter Vaughn and Dianna Rigg.

Maisie Williams looks to have great instincts and tremendous promise but I wonder if she'll get the sort of roles she deserves after GOT.

Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) - he has absolutely dominated the screen in the best way since his entrance, and has made Tywin Lannister come to life in a way that the books never really did.

Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth) - he's just absolutely the perfect person to play such an important yet humble character. He's fervent without being fanatical, and that's a very hard line to walk.

Pedro Pascal (Oberyn Martell) - he made a rather minor (but cool) character in the books into an absolute revolution on screen. He was the perfect Latin lover, not afraid to fight or show emotion. I never imagined the Dornish being Latin or speaking with a Spanish accent, but now I can't imagine them any other way.

This question would've been hard to answer before season 4 with actors such as Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau... But for me after season 4 it's obvious: Pedro Pascal

Currently? Lena Headey. Pedro absolutely killllllllllled it as The Red Viper though. And Sean Beans Ned and Charles Dances Tywin deserve a shout. So yeah that's my definite top 4. Lots of other great performances though I could go on for a while.

-Sean Bean

-Pedro Pascal

-Charles Dance

-Lena Headey

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, but Alfie Allen is absolutely brilliant this season. I'm a fan of many, many actors on the show, but I may give him the trophy.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, but Alfie Allen is absolutely brilliant this season. I'm a fan of many, many actors on the show, but I may give him the trophy.

Gods I agree and feel shamed for not mentioning him. His muttering last episode of "Reek, Reek" at Moat Cailin was hearbreaking. He has indeed been awesome

Alfie Allen is really awesome
Charles Dance of course, his Tywin looked almost exactly as I pictured him, tone of voice and accent included.
I had my doubts about Pedro Pascal but I feel like every scene he did was perfect.
I love Lena Heady too, her facial expressions are priceless.
And last but certainly not least, Jack Gleeson, I have never ever in my life hated a character this much before.

Top-tier:

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, Charles Dance, Alfie Allen, Lena Heady, Michelle Fairley, Peter Dinklage, Sean Bean, Stephen Dillane.

Very Good (most would deserve to be top-tier, but don't have as much material to display their talent)

Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Liam Cunningham, Jack Gleeson, Carice Van Houten, Gwendoline Christie, Conleth Hill, Mark Addy, Iain Glenn.. all of those I haven't mentioned anywhere else basically.

Good:

Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Aidan Gillen, Natalie Emmanuel, Rose Leslie, Sibel Kekilli.

Mixed-bag, lenient good :

Kit Harington.

Mixed bag, lenient bad :

Emilia Clarke.

Let's be serious here, the best actor is Kristian Naim, the way he portrays HODOR is Hodorizing, unhodorable, absolutely Hodortastic!

He can use "Hodor" in a Hodorway you never expect. Such a great Hodorformance, he always Hodorme when i see him. A HodorAward should be definitely created for him.

If I had to pick one, I'd have to say Charles Dance. Alfie Allen being very close, he doesn't get enough credit for his performance.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has shown to be capable of pulling off amazing scenes. When people talks about the actors who play the Lannisters, there's a lot of talking about the (great) Dinklage, but NCW is also a brilliant actor.

Special mention this season for Sophie Turner. I haven't been a huge fan in the past, but she killed the last couple of episodes, it's great to see how much she has improved.

I am not bothering talking about Pedro Pascal, because everybody else has already expressed a very similar opinion.

Archived