Who would be the Seven aspects of the faith of seven at the end?

sekharsaurav

I understand that there are many religions that are practiced in Westeros. But if the Faith of the Seven is to be followed, which all characters would you choose to be represent the so called Seven aspects of the single deity. Mind you the seven aspects are:

• Father, or the Father Above, representing judgment. He is depicted as a bearded man who carries scales, and is prayed to for justice.
  • Mother, or the Mother Above, representing motherhood and nurturing. She is prayed to for fertility or compassion, and is depicted as smiling with love, embodying the concept of mercy.
  • Warrior, representing strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword.
  • Maiden, representing innocence and chastity. She is usually prayed to to protect a maiden's virtue.
  • Smith, representing crafts and labor. He is usually prayed to when work needs to be done, for strength. He carries a hammer.
  • Crone, representing wisdom. She carries a lantern and is prayed to for guidance.
  • Stranger. An exception to the other aspects, the Stranger represents death and the unknown. Worshipers rarely seek favor from the Stranger, but outcasts sometimes associate themselves with this god.

I ask this question because I feel that the ending of the ASOIF would not limit to putting someone on the Iron Throne, but it would be a complete solution ( probably a complete cabinet ministry at King's Landing , with each member representing one aspect of the faith of seven ).

This is who I think fit the roles of the seven.

Father: Eddard Stark, a just and honorable man who does his duty. Fairly.

Mother: Cersei Lannister: She may be a crazy lady, but she loves her children dearly and isn't afraid to scold them.

Warrior: The Hound, this man is battle harden to the core without being a savage like his brother.

Maiden: Sansa Stark, before little finger got his grubby hands into her, she was the embodiment of innocent ideals.

Smith: Gentry, self explanatory giving he's the only reoccurring smith in the series and for so long.

Crone: The Queen of Thorns, old lady? Check. Wise? Check. Golden Lantern? Erm.. well there's a rose.

Stranger: Ser Ilyn Payne. Silent executioner of Kings Landing.

Edit: changed the Stranger

This is who I think fit the roles of the seven.

Father: Eddard Stark, a just and honorable man who does his duty. Fairly.

Mother: Cersei Lannister: She may be a crazy lady, but she loves her children dearly and isn't afraid to scold them.

Warrior: The Hound, this man is battle harden to the core without being a savage like his brother.

Maiden: Sansa Stark, before little finger got his grubby hands into her, she was the embodiment of innocent ideals.

Smith: Gentry, self explanatory giving he's the only reoccurring smith in the series and for so long.

Crone: The Queen of Thorns, old lady? Check. Wise? Check. Golden Lantern? Erm.. well there's a rose.

Stranger: The Mountain; He doesn't do anything besides rape and kill.

Good list. I'd pick Jaqen as the stranger- the stranger isn't inherently evil like the Mountain

• 4 weeks later...

Father-Davos- he is father figure

Mother-DAny mother of dragons

Warrior-Brienne-honorabe and brave

Smith-Gentry- he skill with iron

Crone-Samwell-wise

Stranger-Arya Stark- faceless stranger now

Maiden-Shireen- the most innocent of the princess and the one more in danger(wildling, NW, and Ramsey might be the ones to harm her)

• 4 weeks later...

Father : Ned Stark

Mother : Daenerys

Catelyn comes a close second, but Dany was mother to Rhaego, the dragons, and the freedmen of Essos. I view Cersei's protectiveness a form of narcissism. The best mother in the series is Ellaria Sand, IMO. She is nice and keeps her children safe as much as she can.

Warrior: Jaime

Despite everything, he is the best manifestation of Warrior in the series. Sandor Clegane is a fighter, not a warrior. I don't think the Hound would have killed Aerys. He would have ran away from a burning KL.

Smith: Bran/Gendry/Tyrion

Gendry is literally a smith, but I think the Smith would be someone who rebuild the ruins of the war.

Maiden: Sansa

In the first three books. Waiting to see how her character evolves

Crone: Samwell

He is all set to be a maester, and hopefully he'll use his knowledge to help the Wall fight Others.

Stranger: Arya

She has killed someone in every book so far. Truly faceless and an acolyte of Stranger/Him of Many Faces

• 4 weeks later...

Father - Ned Stark, for obvious reasons.

Mother - Dany being the mother of dragons and all the freed slaves, or Catelyn, who was a true mother to her children (except Jon) and a strong one too

Warrior - Brienne, a true warrior in every sense of the word in my opinion.

Maiden - Sansa

Smith - probably Gendry

Stranger - Jaqen for obvious reasons, Arya for reasons listed above but I was thinking Bran most of all. He's probably becoming one of the more mysterious characters alongside Arya, he's delving into mysteries that were previously unknown to man and he's learning things no man would be able to learn. And he's sort of watching over everyone through the trees, it's a very stranger-ish thing IMO

EDIT: forgot to add Crone. Sam because he's set to become a Maester but I was thinking Bran too.. he's wise beyond his years already

• 3 weeks later...

Father: Stannis Baratheon. His judgments are mentioned a lot (Davos, Mance Rayder, etc), and he also acts as the father to the realm, being the only person who cares for it's wellbeing.

Mother: Daenerys Targaryen. This is the most obvious one for me. Not only is she called mother, but she is also very merciful.

Warrior: Oberyn Martell. Although he doesn't carry a sword, Oberyn is one of the most fearsome warriors in the Seven Kingdoms, and definitely the most courageous, because no one else would dare face the Mountain voluntarily.

Maiden: Sandor Clegane. This is my weird answer, obviously. Sandor protects maidens (Sansa and Arya), and he is innocent of the crimes he gets accused of (massacring the Saltpans, aiding the Brotherhood Without Banners, etc). I was going to pick Sansa at first, but I think the most important aspect of the maiden is that she is prayed to for protection for maidens, something which only Sandor and Daenerys have done.

Smith: Qyburn. Not only does he fix broken weapons (Jaime), but he also creates new weapons (Robert Strong).

Crone: Petyr Baelish. The crone represents wisdom and guidance. He was the only person who had knowledge of most important events, and he guided people so that the events would actually happen. In terms of physical guidance, his spiriting Sansa away from King's Landing is one of the best examples in the series. Aemon Targaryen would also work, but I'm trying to stick to living people as of DwD.

Stranger: Ramsay Snow Bolton. Even though he does have a fairly high body count, that wasn't the only reason I picked him. The most important thing about the stranger is that it is feared, and Ramsay is very feared, especially after the story of how he treated Lady Hornwood came out. It is accepted by most people that he killed his half brother Domeric, but no one wants to arrest him or anything because who knows what he will do. When the Lannisters learn that he has taken their side, they stop worrying about the Northern situation, because his reputation was fearsome enough that they just accepted that he would take care of it. I also thought about Khal Drogo, but he doesn't inspire the same kind of fear, and Daario, but we really don't know enough about him.

• 1 month later...

Father- Ned Stark

Mother- Dany (mother of freedmen and dragons, alike)

Warrior- Oberyn Martell or Victarian Greyjoy

Maiden- Sansa (at least in the first 3 books.. not sure where she is headed at the moment)

Smith- Donal Noye (the man who crafted Robert's war hammer).. Gendry coming in 2nd

Crone- Old Nan!!!

Stranger- Roose Bolton (esp. if the vampire theory is true!)

Father - Ned Stark, honorable and just, who believes in swinging the sword himself.

Mother - Catelyn Stark, she is very loving to her children, dutiful to her family, fertile (Bearing 5 children), and above all merciful; she simply wanted an end to Robb's war and to return home with her children.

Warrior - Brienne Tarth, a woman, yes, yet she is one of the few truly honorable and chivalrous knights presented to us throughout the story.

Maiden - Sansa Stark, her head full of songs and ever courteous, Sansa was innocent and virtuous, at least until the more recent events.

Smith - Gendry or Donal Noye, for obvious reasons as well as their inherent strength and perseverance.

Crone - The Three Eyed Crow/Bloodraven, he watches over the North and is guiding Bran to the path of wisdom and illumination.

Stranger - Ilyn Payne, ever silent and the royal executioner.

• 3 months later...

Hm... I am going to select people I think will be alive at the end of the series..

Father -- Jon

Mother -- Sansa -- she is compassionate, has taken care of Sweet Robin

Maiden -- Arya -- because I want her to recover something of a life

Warrior -- Jaime or Sandor

Smith -- Whoever forges LB, whether it be a sword or person

Crone -- Lady Lemore

The Stranger -- Darkstar or Jon Connington

Father: I may actually go Davos. First of all, in my opinion, accepting punishment without anger is a sign of someone who is truly just. It was close between Davos and Stannis since both are good fathers imo (Stannis actually has a child with a disability and he still seems to love her which is rare in this world) but I gave the nod to Davos because no one is above Stannis so its easy to be just all the time.

Mother: Dany. Since queens are symbolically the mother of everyone, she continues this by trying to aid anyone who is being mistreated and help them get forward. (Cat is a bad choice, imo, for these reasons, she has an innocent child in her house and chooses to be a complete creep to him)

Maiden: Margarey. Margarey gets married three times now and is still a virgin.

Warrior: Jaime. He literally describes battle as being exactly what the warrior says. He talks about the thrill of battle and that he feels no fear in it at all.

Smith: Donal Noye. His is the life of labor after all.

Crone: Maester Aemon. He is literally the oldest dude in the world and has a career which requires him to be wisdom personified.

Stranger: Ilyn Payne. The guy doesn't speak (check), brings death (check), and is very mysterious.

Archived