Ser Kevan the Kinslayer?

Jaak

Did Kevan slay his own dear grandfather Lord Denys Marbrand, the only grandfather he had known?

Roger was pardoned because Kevan was in Reyne service. Was it because Kevan was, well, a hostage? But the smooth talking Reynard would have made a reasonable exchange for him.

Or was it because Kevin could honestly explain to his furious father and even more furious elder brother, and his own conscience, that he had honestly thought it was hundreds of bandits camping and not his Grandpa, and even in hindsight he could find no clue that Roger or anyone else in Reyne army he saw suspected anything else?

To be fair to be a kinslayer you must actually kill your kin with your own hands or direct actions as well as I know. Being on the same side as the one who does it does not make you a kinslayer.

And I do think that Kevan could refer to the fact that he was a squire on the Reynes side that he, when pretty much alone in the Reyne army, didn't have much of a opertunity to stop or object with any chance of success. Its not like he could give orders or that they would listen to him, regardless of how he fealt about it.

And I do think that Kevan could refer to the fact that he was a squire on the Reynes side that he, when pretty much alone in the Reyne army, didn't have much of a opertunity to stop or object with any chance of success. Its not like he could give orders or that they would listen to him, regardless of how he fealt about it.

But his position as a squire may have put him in excellent position to give evidence about what Reynes did, told, heard, read or wrote. He could give incriminating evidence or exculpating evidence, depending on what actually happened.

But his position as a squire may have put him in excellent position to give evidence about what Reynes did, told, heard, read or wrote. He could give incriminating evidence or exculpating evidence, depending on what actually happened.

He could yes, but as a squire he would have some obligation to the knight he squired for, yes?

And also would Kevan testemony really have mattered? While the talk was that they were pardoned because that Tytos didn't want to hurt Kevan I think the real reason was that Tytos didn't want to anger them and that when he came into a confrontation, he just gav in.

Archived