New interview with George

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/03/george-r-r-martin-ice-and-fire-publishing-plan-game-of-thrones/

He says that he's still planning to write 7 books.

He also says that he doesn't think that 7 seasons will be enough to complete the tv show (something I agree with). I really, really hope he gets to finish the books before the tv show.

It's all good. I like television and also the written word. There's enough angst in the world already without worrying about this too. It'll be fine no matter what. If he sees 7 I'm imagining the chapters will start to time dilate as we go, including more of a stretch of time in between each POV check up on a character.

I think he will finish it within 7 books.....but it's kinda obvious to me now that they are gonna have to do waaay more than 7 seasons. I tihnk we are probably looking at the show running for about 10 seasons.

Book 4/5= about 3 or 4 seasons right there. But the funny thing is, books 4 and 5 have a lot of pages with not a lot of major things happening in them. Plus I don't think the show would just NOT show what is happening to Jon Snow, Arya, and Dany for a whole season....soo I think we are going to get a hybrid of the books.

Either way, the character count is about to jump a couple notches.

Archived