Did Quaithe put a magical GPS on Dany?

Mrs.Grumpy

The question is clear and I think the answer is yes.

In aCoK, Quaithe shows up to Dany and tells her to leave the city before it's too late, Quaithe touches Dany's wrist and it tingles.

Now, I think we all agree that Quaithe uses a glass candle to speak with Dany whether time she wants. But how can she locate Dany? As far as we know glass candles are used to speak over great distances and get into someone's dreams, no one mentioned that one can found someone with a glass candle.

Quaithe showed up to Dany, while she was in Astapor. No one else knew that she was there, even the warlocks are fooled by Dany's decision, but Quaithe somehow managed to find her?

Dany is lost in the Dothraki Sea, everyone looks for her. But the only person who finds and speaks her is Quaithe.

So, what do you think?

i believe Quaithe only exist in Dany's mind

How do you explain Quaithe being seen by Dany's whole khalasar, Mormont, Xaro, Pyat and the rest of Qarth then?

As to the OP, I recently reread this part and think you might have something to your idea.

Then apparently Mormont and her bloodriders share the same hallucinations.

This. Though maybe she's imagining other stances where Quaithe appears.

The touching thing is very interesting, specially if it is needed to give people dreams/visions. We know Targs believe they have prophetic dreams (and some probably do), but that means a glass candle could be used to manipulate them.

It is interesting that Rhaegar,born on the day of the tragedy of summerhall, used to like to visit summerhall alone and sleep in the ruins staring up at the moon and stars...upon his birth Aemon thought Rhaegar was the prince that was promised, rhaegar grew to believe his the was tptwp.

Going with the theory that Quaithe/Ashara has always been an unseen presence in Danys life and the three dragon eggs came from her, Drogo calls dany "moon of my life" and she calls drogo "my sun and my stars". There is legend that the first dragon was born when the moon cracked open.

Quaithe's (ashara dayne of starfall) mask shimmers like stars. And when dany walked i to the fire/sun she (the moon) cracked open and the first new dragon was born and Drogo the dragon was born. And Drogo the son (sun stallion) who will mount the world was born.

This has made me wonder if Rhaegar is in truth Danys father and Ashara her true mother and Ashara was dishonored at the tourney at Harrenhall by Rhaegar when he gave the flowers to Lyanna because she loved rhaegar and had a relationship with him, even believing she would birth his promised prince he had been expecting to have and went to the tourney under the belief this would be fulfilled. Jon Snow was later born and has been preety much assumed to be tptwp. But this may not be the truth or maybe not the whole truth; Perhaps, as Aemon later suggested, it may be the princess that was promised.

Selmy states that when he looks at dany he sees the eyes of ashara dayne and wonders if she might be her mother. And also dany has dreams about Rhaegar which do not sound like dreams of her brother but more of a father figure it seems.

Quaithe touched Dany's wrist when Dany first came to Qarth and it burned. So yes, I believe in a GPS. The only time Dany and Quaithe were physically together was during the Qarth chapters. All the other Quaithe appearances were via glass candles.

I remembered wrong,. Her wrist "tingled". This is where the gps was planted

The woman stepped closer and lay two fingers on Danys wrist. You are the Mother of

Dragons, are you not?

She is, and no spawn of shadows may touch her. Jhogo brushed Quaithes fingers away with

the handle of his whip.

The woman took a step backward. You must leave this city soon, Daenerys Targaryen, or you

will never be permitted to leave it at all.

Danys wrist still tingled where Quaithe had touched her. Where would you have me go? she

asked.

To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you

must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

The galss candles allow for remote viewing of distant events. They also allow communication with individuals across distances. These to combined should be enough to locate and contact anyone.

But imagine that you're in Qarth and I'm somewhere in the Dothraki Sea, even I don't know where am I, and if you have a glass candle then you must look every single area in the DS to find me? But if you have planted a magical gps on me, then it's easy peasy.

Quaithe is real, folks. The Dothraki, Pyat Pree, XXD and Jorah saw her. The hallucinations happened after Dany left Qarth, and she appears by using a glass candle.

Tbh, magical gps is the only explanation that I can come with. If it's not a gps then what is it?

I remembered wrong,. Her wrist "tingled". This is where the gps was planted

In mind this sounds to me like it could be fetters of unseen sorcery dany has on her wrists, maybe to prevent her from knowing who she truly is. Quaithe tells her to " remember who she is, the dragons remember....do you?"

This might suggest that Dany's true identity is currently unknown to her.

But imagine that you're in Qarth and I'm somewhere in the Dothraki Sea, even I don't know where am I, and if you have a glass candle then you must look every single area in the DS to find me? But if you have planted a magical gps on me, then it's easy peasy.

Quaithe is real, folks. The Dothraki, Pyat Pree, XXD and Jorah saw her. The hallucinations happened after Dany left Qarth, and she appears by using a glass candle.

Tbh, magical gps is the only explanation that I can come with. If it's not a gps then what is it?

It's magic. I don't know how it works. Maybe she just has to think of Dany in front of the glass candle and it finds her without needing coordinates. Bran contacted Jon without having any idea of where he was.

Her wrist tingling is more or less equal to Jon feeling Melisadres warmth, the Glass candle showing her to Danaerys should be no more suspicious than common fires leading Mel to Stannis.

Well, no. Mel literally gives off heat, she even melts snow when she walks by.

In Dany's case, the tingle is the effect of Quaithe's touch, Dany even mentions that.

Archived