The Wrong Targ Queen

If Rhaenys had been crowned the Queen then there wouldn't be a war. If the Counsil had given Rhaenys the crown then the Westerosi history of Targaryen succession wouldn't had a man a brother over a daughter, then not only the Dance but many other wars would had been averted.

And so the surname of the royal family would be Velaryon, instead of Targaryen. Besides, how can you be sure that the reign of Rhaenys would be peaceful and no one would challenge her claim? They were all sworn to Rhaenyra but that didnot stop many of them betraying her.

Good Queen Alysanne actually got shit done.

:agree: In my view Dany was always more of the conquering queen type with little to no inclinations regarding ruling. Even if the odds weren't so stacked against Dany being groomed for leadership her natural instincts are not good. She is a Rhaenys/Nymeria queen not only due to her circumstances but because she lacks the natural ability to problem solve and lead well. People follow her because she is beautiful, strong, surrogate mother to dragons and others but she makes awful political choices and has little to no inclination to learn.

And so the surname of the royal family would be Velaryon, instead of Targaryen. Besides, how can you be sure that the reign of Rhaenys would be peaceful and no one would challenge her claim? They were all sworn to Rhaenyra but that didnot stop many of them betraying her.

Not really. Rhaenys could had kept her own surname. Just remember how many civil wars would had been avoided if the Counsil had given the crown to a woman and not a man,

Not really. Rhaenys could had kept her own surname. Just remember how many civil wars would had been avoided if the Counsil had given the crown to a woman and not a man,

The council swore to Rhaenyra but Alicent and Criston Cole gave the crown to a man instead of a woman. What makes you think that same thing would not happen to Rhaenys? I think Viserys I would be the puppet king against Rhaenys in that case just like Aegon II vs. Rhaenyra.

The council swore to Rhaenyra but Alicent and Criston Cole gave the crown to a man instead of a woman. What makes you think that same thing would not happen to Rhaenys? I think Viserys I would be the puppet king against Rhaenys in that case just like Aegon II vs. Rhaenyra.

Yes because there was a council which had already passed over a woman's birthright to give it to a man.

Yes he said that Jaehaerys' reign was a successful one, no one denies that. But what he did cause chaos after his death. I don't know how I could be more clear. Now if you don't want to see their mistakes and close your eyes and ears to the consequences of their actions that is not my problem or my mistake.

Except that wasn't Jaehaerys's fault. He let the lords decide who would be his heir. He couldn't have foreseen what his grandson Viserys or his great grandchildren, with Alicent's children being born long after he died, would do with regards to the Dance. Viserys I is more to blame for violating his grandfather's precedent, not considering the consequences of naming his daughter Rhaenyra his heir with his wife wanting to put her sons on the IT, and her father being the Hand. If he expected Rhaenyra to be his heir, than he shouldn't have remarried as sons would inevitably complicate that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure that Dany is like Rhaenys and Visenya. They seemed to be the ones who ruled the realm after conquering it. They seem like Warrior women who then went on to be rulers. Visenya in particular seems to have held power in one way or another for quite a long time. Dany maybe would be better in the role of Aegon, someone who conquers and then lets other people rule on her behalf but makes sure they rule in a way that fits with her ethics and morals.

She isn't great at that, any 12 years old child with Dragons would to the same thing

Yeah I'm sure Joffrey would have been a great leader if he had dragons, Viserys too for that matter. Regardless of your personal opinion of her Daenerys is an inspiring leader. And those dragons only exist because of her. She didn't find them in the snow.

i actually think she can be like alysanne in westeros because i think the main reason she failed in mareen is beacuse she is new to their customs and doesnt understand their rituals and believes

but in westeros she does know about that in some level even though if it is not much ..i think she will do well in westeros compared to mareen

Archived