Will The World of Ice and Fire Contain the Song of Ice and Fire?

We do not know almost anything about the original song of Ice and Fire that influenced Rhaegar so profoundly. I think it would be great if the World of Ice and Fire contained who wrote (or sang) the song of ice and fire and told us what the prophesy actually said. How does the Prince the was Promised, Azor Ahai, and the three-headed dragon fit into the song?

I don't think it was a song that was already written, given that GRRM has stated that "a song of ice and fire" is what future Westerosi will use to refer to the next Battle for the Dawn. So Rhaegar was really using a future term, so to speak. Dany will probably be the one to say it first in-series and it will catch on from there. If any bards live through what is to come, someone will probably write an actual song.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think it was a song that was already written, given that GRRM has stated that "a song of ice and fire" is what future Westerosi will use to refer to the next Battle for the Dawn. So Rhaegar was really using a future term, so to speak. Dany will probably be the one to say it first in-series and it will catch on from there. If any bards live through what is to come, someone will probably write an actual song.

Exactly this ^^

This does seem spot on. It would be an interesting twist to have it thrown in, but I feel like this is probably the best answer based on what we have available so far

Archived