Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

Grenn leading the recitation of the Nights Watchman vows was powerful. And I loved it when they played the same music they played at the end of Season 2 (I think that was the season) when the White Walkers were marching towards the Fist of the First Men.

So what is Jon's big plan going to be? Talk to mance somehow or try and kill him? He gave up his sword so unless he had a dagger or something he is useless there, and unless they just didn't show it, ghost wasn't going with him, so thought he could've done something better than that.

As far as defending the wall with future attacks, why couldn't they just blow out the tunnel now? That way with no wildling force across the wall, they could defend it on top where they have a clear advantage, also could expect reinforcement s from someone now that mance is a legit threat.

Do you think Thorne died? Last we saw he was getting dragged away after being cut by tormund.

Jon was out dueled again by the thenn and was lucky to come away alive, needs to step up his fighting skills

Enjoyed the episode immensely- not sure what the hell Jon's up to though! My bottom lip is quivering already dreading the titles at the end of next weeks episode- another 9-10 months to wait on season five !! Ahhhhrg!! :ack:

Edited by Shirlzknight

That little boy killed Ygritte :(

Jon could pretend he's given up on the Night's Watch and is surrendering to the wildings. Mance might have sympathy for him because he was a man of the NW and he has them beat 1000 to 1 anyway. Then, when his guard's down, he can kill him.

Edited by ManFromBraavos

I promised myself that I wouldnt come here for this season because I wanted to stay out of spoilers. Last season I learnd about Red Wedding here and it spoild the season for me. And this season started and continued to be great, I wanted to be clear of spoilers. But this episode naild me to the sofa. I had to see what do you all think about it and about the season. But I see that most like me had abandond this no spoiler thread because you have to come across some spoilers and that messes up everything. But today I had to come and say what I need because It left me with a jaw down.

Throughout this week I thouth that the ninth episode will be the death of some big character (like every other ninth epiosode) and I thought it will be of Tyrion, and I hoped he will somehow manage to escape the death sentance. But when the episode started I quickly understud that it is going to be only the Wall in this episode. So it hit me: Jon will die. NOOOOOOO!!!! So throughout the episode I sweared, I begged, I prayed NOT JON PLEASE. Ygritt was all he is mine to kill and when the fighting started she was looking for him with every arrow. And the wildings from bouth sides of the wall. With Mammoths and Giants. Awsome!!!! With Giants throwing big arrows. Awsome!!! How to beat that. But when Jon came down the wall like a leader, I knew she would find him. Jon was awsome in this episode becoming the leader, giving orders. I thought Ygritt will kill Styr and save Jon to kill him for her self. But when Jon killed him it was just the matter of time when hi comes face to face with Ygritt. And than he turned around... i was naild to my sofa. Screaming in my head NOOOOO, DONT KILL HIM. Not another Stark dying in the ninth episode. I couldn take that again. He looked at her like like he was glad she will be the end of him. He smiled. My eyes filled with tear. And then the arrow hits her. I droped. The tear came down. I was sad. I am glad Jon lived through ninth episode. But Ygritt you hesitate girl. You can not kill the man you love. Awsome scene.

This episode was great from bigining to the end. It wasnt big characters death but some small characters I will miss a lot. And the fighting was graet.

Even if most think that Wall is insignificant to the hole story, I think it is very important.

The winter is coming!

Edited by ma_liky

I promised myself that I wouldnt come here for this season because I wanted to stay out of spoilers. Last season I learnd about Red Wedding here and it spoild the season for me. And this season started and continued to be great, I wanted to be clear of spoilers. But this episode naild me to the sofa. I had to see what do you all think about it and about the season. But I see that most like me had abandond this no spoiler thread because you have to come across some spoilers and that messes up everything. But today I had to come and say what I need

Great that we're one person more in this thread. ;) And I have to say, so far I have not seen any spoilers in these threads in season 4.

But when Jon came down the wall like a leader, I knew she would find him. Jon was awsome in this episode becoming the leader, giving orders. I thought Ygritt will kill Styr and save Jon to kill him for her self. But when Jon killed him it was just the matter of time when hi comes face to face with Ygritt. And than he turned around... i was naild to my sofa. Screaming in my head NOOOOO, DONT KILL HIM. Not another Stark dying in the ninth episode. I couldn take that again. He looked at her like like he was glad she will be the end of him. He smiled. My eyes filled with tear. And then the arrow hits her. I droped. The tear came down. I was sad. I am glad Jon lived through ninth episode. But Ygritt you hesitate girl. You can not kill the man you love. Awsome scene.

I also thought that she would save him. When they met I also thought for a moment that she would indeed kill him. Although, I had hoped there would be a happy end for the two of them. But, once again, no such thing in this show. I really liked the Ygritt-character and their story. Oh well.

Even if most think that Wall is insignificant to the hole story, I think it is very important.

The winter is coming!

I doubt that most think that. The wall has, so far, been less exciting than other stories, I agree. But it's obvious that this is where the fate of Westeros will be decided. King's Landing, Iron Islands, The Vale, Winterfell - that's thrilling but basically just bloody feuds. In contrast, the events up north are going to be historic once the white walkers arrive in masses. (Such as Danaeris with her dragons will bring a historic component into the story on another end.) But I expect it will take a while until the south acknowledges this danger, I doubt there will be coming any considerable help yet.

I'm very very curious about the season finale. I disliked Tyrion at the very beginning, but he has grown on to me a lot, I hope he can escape or some other way be saved. I think his character is one of the most round one, him being gone would seem quite a loss to the show.

I'm very very curious about the season finale. I disliked Tyrion at the very beginning, but he has grown on to me a lot, I hope he can escape or some other way be saved. I think his character is one of the most round one, him being gone would seem quite a loss to the show.

Me too. I like Tyrion, he is one of my favourite. I think he will escape somehow. I think Varys and Jamie will help him, well they should. Do you think we will get some big character death at the finale or is it just Joffrey for this season? I dont know who might it be. Maybe Jamie while trying to save Tyrion or Cerasi (hope), if there is going to be, probably it will be Tyrion but something tells me not. I dont know. Cant wait for finale.

What do you think of Littlefinger? I dont like him at all. I was so stund (still am) that he was the one who poisoned Jon Arryn. Well he told Lysa to do it. That was shocking to me :eek: . I had to watch all first season again because I have had missed something. Everything happend because of it. Why did he do that? What is his motive? It buffels me. But while rewatching the first season I came across something (maybe it is just me), but I think he has something against Tyrion. He set him up for Joffreys murder and in the season one he was the one who told Catelyn that the dagger (wich was used in the atack on Bran) is Tyrions, we never found out if this is true or not. But I dont believe a word Littelfinger is saying. So is it possible that everything is set up by him? The war between the Starks and the Lannisters. I am intrigued.

Well one more and than a long year to wait.

Cheers :cheers:

I love reading comments and prediction from you non-readers. They're very interesting and I enjoy hearing new perspectives from those who enjoy the show without having read the books first!

Curse anyone who spoils you.

I love reading comments and prediction from you non-readers. They're very interesting and I enjoy hearing new perspectives from those who enjoy the show without having read the books first! Curse anyone who spoils you.

Thanks, nice to hear! Although it must be funny to see people wildly guess about things that you already know. ;)

I had to watch all first season again because I have had missed something. ... But while rewatching the first season ... Well one more and than a long year to wait.

I think that's how I will spend part of this year too: re-watch the 4 seasons. We should then open a non spoiler thread to discuss our new connections. My problem is that in a book I could flip back and forth pages where somebody is from who he is related to, check maps. Whereas on TV I forget things and think by this I miss a lot too, probably a lot more connections could be made with more attention to detail.

Me too. I like Tyrion, he is one of my favourite. I think he will escape somehow. I think Varys and Jamie will help him, well they should. Do you think we will get some big character death at the finale or is it just Joffrey for this season? I dont know who might it be. Maybe Jamie while trying to save Tyrion or Cerasi (hope), if there is going to be, probably it will be Tyrion but something tells me not. I dont know. Cant wait for finale.

I almost don't dare to predict, I'm usually wrong about it. ;) One possibility I could imagine is that because both fighters died it's a tie and he has not to be sentenced to death. But I think it's unlikely, Tywin would have known i there was such a regulation. I don't think taht the finale needs a big character death, last season the Red Wedding was episode 9 too, not 10. But of course Tyrion's death would open new ways for the Sansa story. Right now I don't think she even could marry either her cousin or Baelish because she is already married. I don't think killing Cersei would add to the story - it would offer more possibilities if she lives and has to marry this Tyrell guy. Jamie dying while saving Tyrion on the other hand would be interesting.

What do you think of Littlefinger? I dont like him at all. I was so stund (still am) that he was the one who poisoned Jon Arryn. Well he told Lysa to do it. That was shocking to me :eek: . I had to watch all first season again because I have had missed something. Everything happend because of it. Why did he do that? What is his motive? It buffels me. But while rewatching the first season I came across something (maybe it is just me), but I think he has something against Tyrion. He set him up for Joffreys murder and in the season one he was the one who told Catelyn that the dagger (wich was used in the atack on Bran) is Tyrions, we never found out if this is true or not. But I dont believe a word Littelfinger is saying. So is it possible that everything is set up by him? The war between the Starks and the Lannisters. I am intrigued.

You are right about the dagger, somebody pointed this out elsewhere too. I don't think it's personal against Tyrion. Baelish is a ruthless power politician who does everything that serves himself. It least I can't really see any pattern: Jon Arryn was about to find out that Joffrey and his siblings have no right to the throne - would have been a disaster for the Lannisters, so he killed Arren. Also he supported Cersei against Ned Stark when he found out the same, and he was killed. Which would make Baelish a Lannister-agent. On the other hand he killed Joffrey and also with his comment on the dagger was willing to sacrifice Tyrion, not very pro-Lannister. (I do think though that Tyrian at some point admits that it was indeed his dagger, but he had lost it, or it was stolen. I'd have to re-watch.) So again the conclusion Baelish serves Baelish. Weakening everone, makes him stronger. And there might be ties and family-background we do not know yet. So I agree, I do not like him either. His cunning and ruthlessness is frightening. But he's definitely acting well and good for the story, one never knows what he will do next and why.

You are right about the dagger, somebody pointed this out elsewhere too. I don't think it's personal against Tyrion. Baelish is a ruthless power politician who does everything that serves himself. It least I can't really see any pattern: Jon Arryn was about to find out that Joffrey and his siblings have no right to the throne - would have been a disaster for the Lannisters, so he killed Arren. Also he supported Cersei against Ned Stark when he found out the same, and he was killed. Which would make Baelish a Lannister-agent. On the other hand he killed Joffrey and also with his comment on the dagger was willing to sacrifice Tyrion, not very pro-Lannister. (I do think though that Tyrian at some point admits that it was indeed his dagger, but he had lost it, or it was stolen. I'd have to re-watch.) So again the conclusion Baelish serves Baelish. Weakening everone, makes him stronger. And there might be ties and family-background we do not know yet. So I agree, I do not like him either. His cunning and ruthlessness is frightening. But he's definitely acting well and good for the story, one never knows what he will do next and why.

i think littlefinger was pro lannister early on because he saw them as the greatest way for him to get more power. so he did whatever he could to "help" them, but mostly looking out for himself and what was in his best interests to get the most power. once he started realizing how much of a douche joffery was and how he was uncontrollable, he made new alliances with the tyrells. there is some point where he is talking on the ship to sansa about both alliances and how the one with the tyrells was the easier or safer option. with maybe vary's being the only one who is close to litlefinger, he is definetly heads above everyone else i think with long term planning and strategy

just some things to think about moving into the final episode

what do you think will happen to jorah now? if he actually does stay away from dany, what would his storyline be where else could he go? maybe to night's watch if he thinks his father is still alive?

believe tyrion will definitely be sentenced to death, not quite sure whether it will happen or not, if anyone comes to his aid i believe it will be jaime

what happens to arya and the hound do you think they still go inside the vale, will they finda sansa or will they stay out on their own