I mean, when you really consider it I suppose this makes the most sense. There's supposed to be a respite from the battle while Jon is sent out to parlay with Mance. Then the horsemen arrive. It was like this in the books as well. I'll reserve judgement till I've watched it, but if STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! is one of the last scenes of the episode I think it could be spectacular.

Not really the build is for Stannis to arrive and lead to the victory. But no Stannis can't have his triumphant moment. D&D your hatred is all too obvious now.

The men of the NW needed to have their due. To be shown as capable and have their own victory. Having Stannis in this episode would've robbed them of that. They would've come across as weak. This way I think is better I think.

Love the Stannis butthurt. Not a big deal and episode would have been hugely rushed and it wouldn't have been as significant.

Loves the apologists. Clearly Stannis is meant to arrive to save the wall in the episode they are getting annihilated. It would be a Glorious ending and a stark contrast to what he faced in S2 Ep 9.

I knew GRRM should've written this episode.

You know whats pretty funny, I think the anti stannis people are more pissed at Stannis fans criticism of the show then the stannis fans themselves are mad at the lack of Stannis.

Too funny.

I think they saved Stannis for the next episode to throw off the whole "Episode Nine" being momentous and shocking thing. We all knew the battle was going to be this episode, and all the bookreaders knew it ended with Stannis showing up and saving the day. Throwing off the bookreaders and the Unsullied at the same time might have been the goal. I'm still upset about Pyp and Grenn though.

Was Slynt dead or just shellshocked? If he's dead I'm more upset about that. His scene with Jon in Dance is Jon's best in the entire series.

I liked Thorne's duel with Tormund. Him being more of a main character lines up with some people's predictions of him warming up to Jon when he comes back from his ranging and R+L is revealed. I hope so anyway.

Edited by sertravisredbeard

Best part for me was when Jon came down out of elevator, then he stops for just a second, looks around and then the music changes and he starts kicking ass. Holy shit, was that a fun episode XD

I don't know why people thought he was coming this week, it was clear from the ep.10 synopsis that he was arriving next week.

Not really. That was interpreted by most to refer to the changed status quo at the Wall after the battle.

Cripes, the finale is going to be just crammed at this rate.

Also do we know if Thorne is dead? His wound didn't initially appear mortal (he got sliced in the lower body I thought and then dragged away by his men). Sam said he had fallen but not sure if that means he is dead or just was out of commission for the rest of the fight.

I loved Sam so MUCH; see he can be quite brave to the naysayers. Am disappointed that Stan the Man Baratheon IS not there. He better be next week and was that Pip that got killed :(. It was good to have an entire episode in one place but it was way too short.

I'm not really mad that Stannis didn't show up, I'm just dissapointed that his big moment will now be overshadowed by Lady Stoneheart and Tyrion's escape. Unsullied still won't really care about him. Otherwise entertaining episode.

Yeah basically this too. He gets over-shadowed by LS and Tyrion's escape. Again neglected.