Not really. That was interpreted by most to refer to the changed status quo at the Wall after the battle.

Cripes, the finale is going to be just crammed at this rate.

It is 66 minutes long, so I guess they will have the time.

I saw Pyp go, Alliser is injured, what happened to Grenn? My dog was acting up and I missed it.

And Stannis would have been a nice arrival. And I agree, a little too light on the Ghost. Thought he was going to take a chunk out of Ygritte. The show writes whatever so you never know.

You know whats pretty funny, I think the anti stannis people are more pissed at Stannis fans criticism of the show then the stannis fans themselves are mad at the lack of Stannis.

Too funny.

You know that's not true

So, what DiD happen to Alliser Thorne?

I guess and hope he is severely wounded but still alive. That would also explain why he is not going to campaign for LC and is supporting Slynt instead.

No Stannis this episode sucks and they really should have included it here. However due to that the finale next week will be even better.

Also do we know if Thorne is dead? His wound didn't initially appear mortal (he got sliced in the lower body I thought and then dragged away by his men). Sam said he had fallen but not sure if that means he is dead or just was out of commission for the rest of the fight.

I don't think he's dead yet. If he dies, we will see it.

I was thinking to myself "How can they fuck this up", after watching the Giants, Mammoths, Thorne and other magnificent performances... BUT THAT ENDING!!11!!???? My fucking god... How anti-climatic.

Now Stannis' arrival is going to be played down like hell most likely because scenes like Dany locking her dragons away and Tyrion killing Tywin are going to be in line for being the final scenes of the season. I'm convinced D&D have it in for him....

I'm not really mad that Stannis didn't show up, I'm just dissapointed that his big moment will now be overshadowed by Lady Stoneheart and Tyrion's escape. Unsullied still won't really care about him. Otherwise entertaining episode.

The way things are going, there may no be a LS. How much can they cram into one finale at this point?

I mean, when you really consider it I suppose this makes the most sense. There's supposed to be a respite from the battle while Jon is sent out to parlay with Mance. Then the horsemen arrive. It was like this in the books as well. I'll reserve judgement till I've watched it, but if STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! is one of the last scenes of the episode I think it could be spectacular.

I hope you are right. But there's too much happening in the finale. How are they going to give screen time to Stannis and the Wall. Besides, we all know that d&d aren't very fondof Stannis. Unless they want to gjve 5 mins to Danny next week, I don't see how it's going to work.

I saw Pyp go, Alliser is injured, what happened to Grenn? My dog was acting up and I missed it.

And Stannis would have been a nice arrival. And I agree, a little too light on the Ghost. Thought he was going to take a chunk out of Ygritte. The show writes whatever so you never know.

Giant killed him ala Noye from the books.

Oh - forgot to mention, Ygritte's death did not have the emotional punch it should have had. I have to say Kit was a bit off.

Imagine how much more powerful it would have been if it had happened like seven episodes ago, like it should have. Not after spending an entire season barely even seeing Ygritte and Jon Snow barely ever talking about her.

I was thinking to myself "How can they fuck this up", after watching the Giants, Mammoths, Thorne and other magnificent performances... BUT THAT ENDING!!11!!???? My fucking god... How anti-climatic.

Now Stannis' arrival is going to be played down like hell most likely because scenes like Dany locking her dragons away and Tyrion killing Tywin are going to be in line for being the final scenes of the season. I'm convinced D&D have it in for him....

Fuck D&D. They can't just give his glorious moment.

GRRM really doesn't care about stannis either tho...

Loves the apologists. Clearly Stannis is meant to arrive to save the wall in the episode they are getting annihilated. It would be a Glorious ending and a stark contrast to what he faced in S2 Ep 9.

I knew GRRM should've written this episode.