Best part for me was when Jon came down out of elevator, then he stops for just a second, looks around and then the music changes and he starts kicking ass. Holy shit, was that a fun episode XD

don't forget our baby Ghost... he came in and tore shit up :) as in throats ;)

Pyp.

Grenn.

You will be missed. Grenn got to be the Donal Noye so its really a badass death. Sad over Pyp dying like a chump though. :(

The Ygritte moment was good and Jon's absolute grimness afterwards was fitting. He felt like there was nothing left to live for and it shows. Him taking charge kicked so much ass though omg. Little Olly icing Ygritte was how i imagined. Lots of Thenn death.

Not really. That was interpreted by most to refer to the changed status quo at the Wall after the battle.

Cripes, the finale is going to be just crammed at this rate.

'An unexpected arrival north of the Wall', people should learn to interpret better.

If he had arrived in ep.9 he wouldn't have been 'changing circumstances' in 10.

Edited by NightStark

I wasn't feeling Kit's acting when Ygritte was dying. Note to Kit: scrunching your face up is not acting.

Pretty much everyone saw Ollie killing Ygritte coming a mile away, so that was no great surprise.

Edited by Newstar

That was the most boring episode ever. So much changed from the book for no point. I feel bad that Martin has to be so closely tied to this--at least when Stephen King's books were mostly ruined into film/tv he wasn't a part of it (though I guess he was a part of it in some cases too).

I wonder how much input Martin gets anymore, I think he's lost control of this thing and is just watching it spiral away from what he wanted. Then again maybe he loves it.

Did Tormund say "har" once since he showed up?

I suppose I shouldn't be upset at how small the battle felt, that's a budget thing, but it never seemed like the Watch were overwhelmed at all. Ever. Had Stannis had his moment it would have had no punch at all.

If Ygritte's group hadn't attacked then they would have just stood on the wall and taken zero losses. Well one, one of the two giants in the army did kill one man of the Watch. Jon Snow being such a good leader of men (show wise) decides that they don't have a chance now? I mean they aren't going to be attacked from the south again. Then again, he should have known they were going to be attacked from the south as he came over the wall with those guys and knew how many of them there were. SO MUCH DUM.

Edited by Simon Steele

Not really. That was interpreted by most to refer to the changed status quo at the Wall after the battle.

Cripes, the finale is going to be just crammed at this rate.

It's making me concerned, because that was already a packed episode even assuming the battle was over. Guess no LC election until next season?

This episode and the preview for the next one locks in what I've said about TV Stannis since the beginning. He is one of the shows villians, he's not going to save the wall. Jon Snow will be negotiating with Mance about bringing the Wildlings across because the Others are coming and then boom Stannis heavy cavalry comes in and massacres a bunch of Wildlings. It's sad the show watchers are doing this with a character like Stannis but I am very confident in my analysis at this point.

I liked the episode overall...

Some things in particular:

-John gets his taste of command

-John forced to send his friends to their deaths in the tunnel

-John actually wins a damn fight (still gets disarmed though, lol)

-Sam's had a good role this week

-Thorne actually ended up being strangely likeable

And things I didn't like:

Seriously though, wtf no Stannis... Now you have to chew into next week's show to close that plotline out, on top of:

Killing the Hound, Arya heading to Braavos, Jaime nearly killing Varys/Tyrion's escape, Tysha story time, Shae dying, Tywin dying, and possibly a Lady Stoneheart omg ending... That is a rediculous amount of stuff to push into one episode... especially when the previews also hinted at Cersei/Tywin scenes, and Danaerys/Dragon scenes.

Imagine how much more powerful it would have been if it had happened like seven episodes ago, like it should have. Not after spending an entire season barely even seeing Ygritte and Jon Snow barely ever talking about her.

Exactly! Even with the poor acting it would have been so much better if it had been done earlier.

I honestly felt that the death scene was very dry. There was no anguish in Kit's face and even Rose Leslie who is usually excellent didn't really sell it.