Truly a missed opportunity.

Why spend the entire episode at the wall only to end like that? At this rate they should have included at least Arya or even Dany's arc... this just feels like an incomplete episode, a massive letdown from last week, and we can only assume next week is going to suffer in a massive way without time for those major plot twists (Tywin's death, Stannis's arrival at the Wall) to breathe on their own.

Also, wtf HBO? Was a advertisement for True Blood REALLY necessary enough to cut into your premiere show, which, on top of that, is already cut six minutes short?

Edited by Gladiator of Dorne

Jon proves himself in the first invasion, Stannis doesn't show up at the Wall til after the parlay with Mance... why are people whining about this?

Jon finally kicks ass and shows his leadership skills, and all you can think about is Stannis? Come on now.

Edited by Fool of a Book

This...they obviously wanted to focus on just the characters at the Wall without Stannis and the rest overtaking them. This also gives them more time to deal with Mance.

this. in fact, the thing that i kept thinking throughout the episode is that they are really making the watch look good. not like a rag tag bunch of losers and crooks but real men doing what needs to be done. i think they needed their moment since they really have looked like a weak bunch of idiots so far.

i also thought the horn blowing off screen was stannis arriving. i still think it's him - it was not the watch and it wasn't the wildings, so we'll see stannis next week for the end of season cliff hanger. that really does make sense when you think about it.

This episode and the preview for the next one locks in what I've said about TV Stannis since the beginning. He is one of the shows villians, he's not going to save the wall. Jon Snow will be negotiating with Mance about bringing the Wildlings across because the Others are coming and then boom Stannis heavy cavalry comes in and massacres a bunch of Wildlings. It's sad the show watchers are doing this with a character like Stannis but I am very confident in my analysis at this point.

I knew it. Stannis is the ultimate villain in the eyes of D&D. Gods they hate him.

I like how they are changing things where it is Jon who decides to go 'parley' with Mance (i.e. sacrifice himself to kill Mance)...he's definitely the leader of the NW now in all but name.

I wish they would have tied up on HOW they defended the Wall and Castle Black... God damn every scene there were crows getting slaughtered then Ygritte dies then Tormund is surrounded by like 10 crows, game over Wildlings/Thenns.

The build up made it seem Castle Black was going down then 10 crows come down and everything is all good.

I was 100% sure that Stannis would be arriving in some form, ala Tywin in Blackwater... thats why the end was like 'huh?!'

Anyone else feel like this?

Yeah, the Ygritte death grief recovery time for Jon was not smooth.

Did Ghost attack one of those mammoth Snuffleupagus lookalikes? That would be interesting.

I missed stuff tonight. Between my dog being a pain, love him, but a pain, and trying to explain book stuff and what was going on to my non-reader husband, forget it. I missed Grenn, Alliser, and other stuff the first time.

The wall should have been under siege for 2 episodes now, with battles and skirmishes happening in staggered segments, alongside the other story-lines (cut ridiculous grey worm love story for time). Ep 9 should have been a final night raid followed by Johns visit to Mance ending with Stannis and his saving attack.

That would have been a powerful episode.

Now we're supposed to wrap up the rest of book 3 in 66mins? How? If they cut LS im out. The show is fun but you can't cut LS. I don't think they will but I'm much less confident now with all they need to cram in.

You're making a scene here - you really need to calm down.

How is he making a scene? You do realize this is an internet forum right, its not like hes your kid and your at kmart or some shit. Get off your horse.

Edited by E-Ro

It's 15 mins longer.

I though it was 10 mins more. Even if it is 15, too many loose end to tie. How are they going manage it. And I thought I saw a scene with Jamie and Cersie in next week's preview. How much can they show of Stannis. one thing's sure, no LC election this season