I liked that too he is also quite spry for a 102 year old man :).

I know! Shoot wish I had that kind of memory. It's hard enough trying to remember what happened last well. :p

Honestly, I didn't like this episode. There's something about this episode that feels off - And for certain It can't compare to Blackwater. You can see in this one that there was more budget involved, but Blackwater had actual stakes and had tons of characters beloved and known by the Unsullied. Honestly, as much as Grenn and Pyp are nice boys, I couldn't care for them the same as I cared for other characters in the show.

I don't think focusing on the Wall was honestly a good idea - The finale is going to be crammed. I mean, Stannis didn't even showed up! Stannis is not my favorite character, but this episode could have been edited to end with Jon/Mance and their parlay and Stannis arriving at the Wall. Also, Ygritte's death had no emotional impact, especially compared to it's book counterpart. Rose Leslie tried, but Kit decided to go full-out grumpy cat expression.

Even Rose was a bit off, don't know if it was because of Kit or because she was just off but there was little emotional appeal to that scene.

Totally agree with Alliser Thorne being awesome. I am assuming he lives which is great news. He came across as a true LC this episode. So badass. Loved every second he was in the episode.

Yeah, I've just wrote the same thing in the rating thread. He was awesome, and his speech about leading was terrific.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were familiar with the "save the day" idiom. It doesn't literally mean saving the actual day that something happened. It means solving a problem when something bad is expected.

I think it depends on perspective. Mance has the upper hand in the negotiation because his force will eventually overwhelm the watch, unless the watch lets them through the wall wherein Mance can maintain leadership of his horde. But after the Stannis attack, Mance loses that upper hand so if he wants to get through, there needs to be some knee bending. It all depends on whether or not who the viewer feels the most sympathy with. It appears they set it up so that the most sympathy goes towards the watch so any plot where the wildling horde isn't free to reap and raid south of the wall and possibly overtake the watch is probably what the typical viewer wants. I mean, viewers aren't usually on the cannibal train, unless it's Hannibal, the Mads Mikkelson version.

Lol

Unbelievably epic episode with some of the best battle action and CGI you're ever likely to see on TV. That said, I think we're all shocked Stannis didn't get his epic reveal to end it. Instead they're shoe-horning him in with the 5 or 6 other big moments next episode where his arrival will get lost in the fray.

There sure is a lot to cover next week, by our book figurein' anyways. I do enjoy watching and listening to Stannis. With time constraints we may only see Renlys' armor appear over the rise, I mean Baratheon armor as a line of Knights sweep over the Free folk. After Tyrion escapes, Brienne fights and bites and Tywin hums to himself the Raines of Castimere

Edited by Cold Hands warm heart

Unbelievably epic episode with some of the best battle action and CGI you're ever likely to see on TV. That said, I think we're all shocked Stannis didn't get his epic reveal to end it. Instead they're shoe-horning him in with the 5 or 6 other big moments next episode where his arrival will get lost in the fray.

Do you expect anything good about Stannis from D&D? I guess we have learnt our lessons now.

Edited by Stan the Man Baratheon

Yeah, Jokes about Stannis not being around to save the wall aside, it will be a VERY quick scene. and that just sucks.

To be fair its quick in the book as far as Stannis goes. Jon walks out there, talks with a couple people and then the news comes in secondhand that an attack, partially made up of NW is coming in and then at the very end it becomes clear that it's mostly made up of Stannis.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were familiar with the "save the day" idiom. It literally mean saving the actual day that something happened. It means solving a problem when something bad is expected.

I think it depends on perspective. Mance has the upper hand in the negotiation because his force will eventually overwhelm the watch, unless the watch lets them through the wall wherein Mance can maintain leadership of his horde. But after the Stannis attack, Mance loses that upper hand so if he wants to get through, there needs to be some knee bending. It all depends on whether or not who the viewer feels the most sympathy with. It appears they set it up so that the most sympathy goes towards the watch so any plot where the wildling horde isn't free to reap and raid south of the wall and possibly overtake the watch is probably what the typical viewer wants. I mean, viewers aren't usually on the cannibal train, unless it's Hannibal, the Mads Mikkelson version.

and I guess you were familiar with how a TV show is done. MacGyver doesnt save the day by stopping the ticking bomb at the begining of the nexts week episode....of Star Trek...you know, because thats how this is going to feel. Edited by Señor de la Tormenta

I don't even like Stannis THAT much...

I'm not a "stan". I just like good tv and narrative.

Favourite part of the episode was Jon horrified at seeing Ygritte with an arrow sticking out of her and looking over to see Ollie nodding at him proudly, like "You're welcome." It was weirdly hilarious.

"You HAD ONE JOB... and you did outstanding" :V

Gotta love how Stannis fans are made out to be the crazies in this thread. We have the right to be ticked off. He has had basically nothing to do for nearly two full seasons. And any of the actual things Stannis does are instead credited to Melisandre in the show.

D&D hate Stannis, and they do a good job of butchering his character. Any time they actually devote to his storyline is mostly just Melisandre. He is made to be a completely unlikeable and all of the brains behind the operation are not his but the Red Priestess.

Edited by YourMomsBox

Hype deflation aside(I'm a huge Stannis fan and i hate being strung along like this :(), i thought this was a decent episode. Definitely not Blackwater 2.0 like everyone was thinking.

Jon was heroic, Ygritte shot some arrows, Aliser redeemed himself (kinda), some cool special effects, and explosions.

The rage of StanStans is hilarious. He'll show up next week. Calm your tits. They haven't actually fucked him up in any way by delaying the latter half of the battle.

To be fair, they took his most epic moment of the entire series through 5 books and instead of allowing it to be the climax of it's own episode, it's now going to be the 4th or 5th most memorable part of a different episode. Odd decision.

There were some fantastic moments in this episode like Ghost, Jon Snow and the music hitting when he gets into BAMF mode, Ygritte's death and that amazing panoramic shot.

But ... I felt so underwhelmed by the ending.

They spent way too long on "the calm before the storm." We were about halfway in before any of the action even started.

And how is there even anyone left to defend the wall? We have Jon Snow, Bowen Marsh and Sam ... an maybe Thorne? Seriously. There has to be about fifty men of the watch left.

I'm not even a huge Stanis fan. I can think of at least ten other characters I like more than him, but this episode and this storyline should have ended with him. They've been dragging this out way too long to begin with and should have started the siege halfway through the season.

And I really don't know how they're supposed to fit everything in the finale. I didn't know how they were going to do it before, but now? I think the Wall storyline is simply going to end with Stanis's arrival. I don't even think we'll get the funeral pyres or even a mention of Jon's legitimization.

Seriously, how are they supposed to fit in the events we know for sure are going to happen: Mance & Jon's parlay, Stannis's arrival, Dany seeing the child bones, Dany chaining the dragons, Brienne biting some guy's ear off, Arya and the Hound having a skirmish, Arya leaving the Hound (we may not even get Arya on a boat until Season 5), The Mountain and Qyburn, Bran and co. making the cave, apparently there's a Cersei/Jaime scene???, Cersei and Tywin ... Tyrion's escape, Tyrion and Shae, Tyrion and the crossbow.

I'm going to just not get my hopes up about LS. 10+ extra minutes means nothing when we have all that ground to cover.

and I guess you were familiar with how a TV show is done. MacGyver doesnt save the day by stopping the ticking bomb at the begining of the next week episode.

Lol. Stannis isn't Macgyver, yo.

The typical viewer is left with the suspense of what's going to happen to Jon, as he's walking into the ticking bomb at the end of this episode.

Yes, Kit's a master with sword.

I think Pompeii was a great experience for Kit, his performance improved a lot, and he seems more confident in the fighting scenes. Kudos for him, he used to be the target of all my critics.

The scythe. The scythe. The scythe. ,!!!

YEAH BABY :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: