Wait, so I haven't watched this episode yet, but...... what is this I hear about Stannis not arriving at the Wall yet? What the actual fuck???? Someone say it ain't true. I seriously do not want to have to wait another week to finally see Stannis again.

Man it's D&D after all. Don't expect anything from them.

is vinegar code for something? Sorry im not hip to the lingo, but what does this vinegar thing mean?

Vineagar is coding for actually reading the text and noticing how stupid the show runners were. The entire battle shouldn't have been about Stannis, but he should have had his moment in the fucking sun.

Merely because people are leveling honest criticism does not mean they are "full of vinegar" or that they are being overly critical.

Jesus Christ, merely because we did not bow low enough when we uttered the names of the show-runners when we had the AUDACITY to criticize the show does not mean we are all just being unreasonable jerks.

Just because you are defending the show does not make you- per se -more or less reasonable than those who level small criticisms.

People have to remember that sort of thing.

Who said I am always pro-D&D? Frankly, I'm insulted and offended by your assumptions and defamation of character. I simply made a comment about the vinegar running through this place tonight and you speak these falsities about me.

One looks at your posts and i can see that you are never insulting of anyone. :rolleyes:

I am genuinely puzzled why do we keep talking about one thing that wasn't in tonight's episode aka Stannis, when there are so many things that sucked IN the episode? Question for the philosophers, apparently...

Im genuinely puzzled why your font is so large and bolded. spooky.

Vinegar is sour, brah. Like the face Stannis makes.

Oh, so its like a way of saying one is "salty" I get it.

Vineagar is coding for actually reading the text and noticing how stupid the show runners were. The entire battle shouldn't have been about Stannis, but he should have had his moment in the fucking sun.

And he will, next week. The battle isn't over, just like in the books this was the first day of battle. I don't see the problem.

Man it's D&D after all. Don't expect anything from them.

Well fucking fantastic. So Stannis' ONE BIG ACTUAL HEROIC MOMENT is just gonna get shifted in among the other 12 important events that will happen in an already stuffed to the brim finale? Well...... great. Good job at the pacing D&D.

Edited by Queen of Whores

7 dvided by 66=9 nine minutes each.

You forgot to account for the multiple token D&D made up filler shit scenes

- followed by 14 minutes of Dany staring blank face talking about something nobody gives a shit about

- 2 minutes Stannis slaughtering a bunch of wildling innocents who only want to cross the Wall to save themselves from the Others (excuse me 'White Walkers')

- and I forgot to mention Lady Stoneheart appearance

-plus a bunch of scenes of pointless talking and walking around and other stuff that always finds a way to eat away at the time that could be allocated to far more important and meaningful scenes

Edited by ckal

you mean like the lack of Sansa? She cant be in all the episodes even as cute as she is.

Trust me, sometimes I feel they are doing the service to the character by omitting her.

Im genuinely puzzled why your font is so large and bolded. spooky.

Keep wondering... Let it be shrouded with mystery...

Honestly, I didn't like this episode. There's something about this episode that feels off - And for certain It can't compare to Blackwater. You can see in this one that there was more budget involved, but Blackwater had actual stakes and had tons of characters beloved and known by the Unsullied. Honestly, as much as Grenn and Pyp are nice boys, I couldn't care for them the same as I cared for other characters in the show.

I don't think focusing on the Wall was honestly a good idea - The finale is going to be crammed. I mean, Stannis didn't even showed up! Stannis is not my favorite character, but this episode could have been edited to end with Jon/Mance and their parlay and Stannis arriving at the Wall. Also, Ygritte's death had no emotional impact, especially compared to it's book counterpart. Rose Leslie tried, but Kit decided to go full-out grumpy cat expression.

I thought the episode was pretty good, though it was not as good as Blackwater.

Highlights - Sam growing by leaps and bounds, bagging a Thenn and promising to stay with Gilly. Thorne vs. Tormund! Giants and mammoths! Grenn rallying the other Crows at the gate as they face their doom. Ghost coming out and fighting for our boys!

Could have done without - Anything with Slynt, the Wildlings' pre-battle discussion of Ygritte/Jon Snow. I don't understand why Pip and Grenn were killed off.

It is a shame that they're leaving the resolution of the Wildlings/Night's Watch battle, which should get at least 15 minutes, for the season finale, which will be utterly jam-packed with Important Stuff. They can't leave out or shorten the Tyrion scenes or the Dany/dragons business, or Bran communing with the trees or whatnot. I doubt we'll see much of Our Man Stannis next week. On the other hand, there may be more Sam/Gilly billing and cooing.