ASOS didn't do much justice to the Stannis arrival at The Wall, so i'm not surprised if the show doesn't either. I assume that D&D will spend no more than 10 minutes on this next week, which means they could have made episode 9 about 7 min longer and cut back on some of the pre-battle scenes. That being said, I think scenes like Gilly/Sam and last weeks Grey Worm/Missendei scenes are put in to break up the bleakness of the rest of the episode.

Epic half-battle. They didn't finish it, did they? There were definitely cool aspects to it, but it was an incomplete story. If they wanted to break it up so that the interpersonal stuff could shine through, then they shouldn't have lumped the attacks together in the first place. They wanted an extravaganza for Episode 9, but for it to be effective we either needed the complete battle, or pairing down some of the ridiculous visuals so that the poignant deaths (Ygritte) could actually have time to breathe. IMO they should have split this up into 3 battles like in the books, had it span a few episodes, and move the Viper vs. the Mountain to E09.

But it's as finished as it was in the books. They repel the attack, then there's a big interlude of Jon Snow being accused of treason, Jon Snow being sent to "parley" with Mance, etc. So in this instance the show pretty faithfully follows pacing of the books.

It sets up a collection of narrative climaxes for the season finale. Stannis coming North, Tywin not, after all, shitting gold, a goodbye between Arya and the Hound, and in Essos who the fuck knows, but maybe we'll see some boobs.

Leaked from Ep 10.

• Jon and Mance reach a truce

Acknowledge that they must fight together to defeat the White Walkers

Suddenly trumpets are heard

Mance looks outside

fire everywhere, knights are charging towards the wildlings

Baratheon men cutting down every man, woman and child

Mance valiantly fights, but is captured and burnt alive on the spot

Stannis arrives

Orders his men to rape every wildling women

A couple of his men protest

Stannis has them gelded for insubordination

Offers Jon a Lordship and orders him to burn all Weirwoods

Jon refuses

Stannis then burns Jon alive on the orders of Melisandre

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

Written by David Benioff and Daniel Brett Weiss

Don't joke, its like whistling in the graveyard. They actually let Jon be himself, I am going to take whatever little victories I can get.

Tyrion escaping, killing Shae and Tywin

Lady Stoneheart reveal

Arya leaving the hound to die and getting the boat to Bravos

Drogo and the child bones, Dany locking up there Dragons

Next episode is going to be way to packed. Stannis arriving Ep9 would have been much better, They better not end with Dany again.

But it's as finished as it was in the books. They repel the attack, then there's a big interlude of Jon Snow being accused of treason, Jon Snow being sent to "parley" with Mance, etc. So in this instance the show pretty faithfully follows pacing of the books.

It sets up a collection of narrative climaxes for the season finale. Stannis coming North, Tywin not, after all, shitting gold, a goodbye between Arya and the Hound, and in Essos who the fuck knows, but maybe we'll see some boobs.

Jon's climax for the season finale should have been him becoming LC. Now that will either be rushed or pushed to next season. So in that respect, it deviated from the books. They tried to fit something into E09 that should have been earlier in the season, because they wanted a large, fabulous battle for the penultimate. Which is why they combined two fronts of the battle. If they were true to the pacing of the books, they would have repelled the Thenn-attack, dealt with Ygritte's death there. Then dealt with the siege. My point is that if you're going to mush that together to make a Helm's Deep episode, then you better also include Gandalf's arrival. It just fell a bit flat without it.

Tyrion escaping, killing Shae and Tywin

Lady Stoneheart reveal

Arya leaving the hound to die and getting the boat to Bravos

Drogo and the child bones, Dany locking up there Dragons

Next episode is going to be way to packed. Stannis arriving Ep9 would have been much better, They better not end with Dany again.

I really hope they surprise me and have an ending with Stannis' offer.

Nah Lady Stoneheart at the end of ASOS nearly broke my jaw when it hit the floor. As much as they didn't put Stannis in Ep9 if they cut LS then there will be hell to pay.

I'm really really disappointed in how this episode turned out. I was expecting another Blackwater with lots of tension and hundreds of men clashing. It just completely fell short in so many areas

I want to enjoy it but the more I think about it the less I like it.

Nah Lady Stoneheart at the end of ASOS nearly broke my jaw when it hit the floor. As much as they didn't put Stannis in Ep9 if they cut LS then there will be hell to pay.

I'm really really disappointed in how this episode turned out. I was expecting another Blackwater with lots of tension and hundreds of men clashing. It just completely fell short in so many areas

I want to enjoy it but the more I think about it the less I like it.

Well same I loathe the character of LS but i really want her to make the cut. She is fairly significant to quite a few storylines starting next year.

At this point I'll only be satisfied if they make it seem like the season is ending with Mance advancing on the wall and Stannis crushes them in an epic 10 minute melee and when he gets off his horse and walks towards Jon we hear Godzilla from BOC playing.

Same. An end scene for an end scene.

At this point I'll only be satisfied if they make it seem like the season is ending with Mance advancing on the wall and Stannis crushes them in an epic 10 minute melee and when he gets off his horse and walks towards Jon we hear Godzilla from BOC playing.

Judging from this episode we will most likely see 6 knights charging at 10 wildlings.