I think the Jon/Mance meet next Ep won't be a short one. You don't cast someone like Ciaran Hinds and give him just 5 mins. But then with D&D nothing is certain. Also did anyone else notice a knife to Jon's throat in the preview. My apologies for going off topic

Nope, I saw it, too. Looks like Jon is about to get his throat cut...wonder if they'll have Stannis come in at just that moment. I have a feeling it will be very, very tense.

People don't care if the show is faithful to the books if the show makes their favorite character look cool. Blackwater Stannis was nothing like the character in the books. With The Watchers on the Wall, people are pissed that the show didn't rush the initial skirmish, downplay the Night's Watch, and make the episode about Stannis. People say D&D let their biases get in the way but if some of the posters here were writing this episode, Sam and Gilly would have been killed by Wildlings, Jon is about to killed by Mance, when Stannis swoops in a dragon, chomping on a cigar and says "Hasta la vista, Wildlings."

Pretty much.

There were complaints about the Meereneese wholesale crucifixion, even though it had more screen time than in the books, looked appropriately gruesome, and showed Dany as more bloodthirsty and more reason-resistant than in the books, as being "glossed over" as a part of consistent "whitewashing" of Dany.

I remember, also, someone complaining that show!Stannis' reaction to Davos smuggling his nephew away did not include his famous "cart before the horse" line, even though in the book he said that much, much later, after the whole business with the Battle Beneath the Wall.

And now, as I see, some already complain in advance that the battle which took whooping half a dozen paragraphs in the book, in the show won't be appropriately epic.

Nope, I saw it, too. Looks like Jon is about to get his throat cut...wonder if they'll have Stannis come in at just that moment. I have a feeling it will be very, very tense.

Ok. If they don't handle that well, it's going to look a bit campy/cliched.

I have a feeling that will be the wildlings reaction when Jon first arrives at their camp. Honestly, I'm hoping Jon some how takes Mance hostage when all of the commotion starts outside with Stannis riding in. MOAR JON LOVE PREASE.

Pretty much.

There were complaints about the Meereneese wholesale crucifixion, even though it had more screen time than in the books, looked appropriately gruesome, and showed Dany as more bloodthirsty and more reason-resistant than in the books, as being "glossed over" as a part of consistent "whitewashing" of Dany.

I remember, also, someone complaining that show!Stannis' reaction to Davos smuggling his nephew away did not include his famous "cart before the horse" line, even though in the book he said that much, much later, after the whole business with the Battle Beneath the Wall.

And now, as I see, some already complain in advance that the battle which took whooping half a dozen paragraphs in the book, in the show won't be appropriately epic.

Yeah, if the posters here were in charge the episode would not have been called "The Watchers on the Wall" but "The Mannis."

I can't help but laugh at everyone that says the episode sucked and that D&D failed them bc Stannis didn't show up in the episode. D&D didn't fail anyone, I don't remember them even saying that he's in the epiosode to begin with. Calm your tits and just wait until next weekend. I would rather wait for the finale anyways bc now it's going to be the most epic ending to an episode ever! Tywin and Shae meeting their end by the hands of Tyrion, Arya leaving the Hound to die, and Stannis leading his army against the wildlings....yes the finale will blow some minds!!

And have ASOS stretch over THREE seasons?

ASOS is a book with a lot of content, and the showrunners neither showed us about what happened at the Iron Islands, nor showed us Balon's death

They've already started leaking AFOC and ADWD into the fourth series, I don't see why they wouldn't leave some ASOS stuff for next series, you only have to look to Balon Greyjoy to believe that...

I think they even put some TWOW in this season

I have a feeling that will be the wildlings reaction when Jon first arrives at their camp. Honestly, I'm hoping Jon some how takes Mance hostage when all of the commotion starts outside with Stannis riding in. MOAR JON LOVE PREASE.

Yes, I want Jon to be in command of the situation not take Mance hostage per se but in a position where it doesn't look like he's dead if it wasn't for Stannis timely arrival. I do want Stannis and his banners, however, to coming riding in all their glory. And please D&D make use of Dillane's talent more.

I was quite entertained, but mostly at how bad the tactics of the wildings was, the incredible crossbow and bow shooting and by a lot of the fight choreography. There were some genuinely good moments, but a lot of it was Tormund, Jon or the Thenn leader killing random redshirts with incredible ease.

The Jon Snow - Thenn leader boss fight was just embarrassing. Jon Snow got his head smashed into a freaking anvil, but it didn't affect him any, not even a broken nose.

I love TV Thorne (and not just because he hates Jon ;)), the guy is just so cool.

John Bradley is a really good actor and does his best with poor material, but his scenes in the first 10 minutes were boring as hell. I couldn't care less about his or Jon's love life.

I would've preferred to see Stannis battle against the Wildlings given a whole episode instead, it is the decisive one, not this skirmish here.

Edited by David Selig

I was quite entertained, but mostly at how bad the tactics of the wildings was, the incredible crossbow and bow shooting and by a lot of the fight choreography. There were some genuinely good moments, but a lot of it was Tormund, Jon or the Thenn leader killing random redshirts with incredible ease.

The Jon Snow - Thenn leader boss fight was just embarrassing. Jon Snow got his head smashed into a freaking anvil, but it didn't affect him any, not even a broken nose.

I love TV Thorne (and not just because he hates Jon ;)), the guy is just so cool.

John Bradley is a really good actor and does his best with poor material, but his scenes in the first 10 minutes were boring as hell. I couldn't care less about his or Jon's love life.

I would've preferred to see Stannis battle against the Wildlings given a whole episode instead, it is the decisive one, not this skirmish here.

He won't hate Jon for long 😜.

I agree with this. Now its just being shoe horned into an already jam packed finale

That's what I'm worried about... I thought "Oh they're not showing the actors' (Stannis, Melisandre etc.) names in the opening credits to keep it a surprise" but no... I know the finale is 60+ minutes or something but I'm having trouble believing so many events can take place at a reasonable pace even with the additional ten minutes, give or take.