So many questions. Why sacrifice two Giants to try to get through the gate instead of supporting them with a couple of hundred wildlings? Why does the second giant charge in by himself? Where are the other wildlings? I understand this was a "probe" by Mance but even so... A few more men and the the gate would have been taken and the Night's Watch slaughtered.

Where are all the other men of the NW? Are they really down to 100 dudes in this show? Who is manning the other castles? Are there even other Castles? Are there no other gates through the wall in the show version? Also, how do you get smashed face first into an anvil, gush blood, and then walk away with everything intact? How does a little kid with a shitty bow kill a wilding with armor on? What happens to Thorne? He gets sliced a bit, two guys drag him off and he isn't seen or heard from again. Why are the wildlings attacking Castle Black so uncoordinated? What was the fucking plan there??

The other giant was visibly pissed when his buddy got shot...that's why he stormed the gate.

Are we supposed to care about prologue chars, especially knowing that hmm...all of them die? Please don't try to tell me they are one and the same.

That wasn't my point and I honestly don't get how you arrived at that conclusion. My point is the prologue established the concept for a reason. Using it later for Jon's survival is a logical reason for the existence of the events in the prologue. It's foreshadowing. Whether it's foreshadowing something in Jon's arc I don't know. But it's a reasonable conclusion.

How would you get that feeling? it could have been jenny from the block...it's not like he went into any detail.

I did like how he said "She's more real to me than you are"...that was really poignant.

So many questions. Why sacrifice two Giants to try to get through the gate instead of supporting them with a couple of hundred wildlings? Why does the second giant charge in by himself? Where are the other wildlings? I understand this was a "probe" by Mance but even so... A few more men and the the gate would have been taken and the Night's Watch slaughtered.

Where are all the other men of the NW? Are they really down to 100 dudes in this show? Who is manning the other castles? Are there even other Castles? Are there no other gates through the wall in the show version? Also, how do you get smashed face first into an anvil, gush blood, and then walk away with everything intact? How does a little kid with a shitty bow kill a wilding with armor on? What happens to Thorne? He gets sliced a bit, two guys drag him off and he isn't seen or heard from again. Why are the wildlings attacking Castle Black so uncoordinated? What was the fucking plan there??

i thought that was the point...wildlings are uncoordinated...

think mance's aim wasnt to take the castle right away, remember that Jon successfully lied and mentioned they have over a 1000 men...thats y he sent the raiding part of Tormund and Thenn's to distract them, bleed the NW...with that logic it would make sense why he sent so few for a frontal assault on the gate, again to distract them, test their defenses, use up their arrows/barrels, bleed them a bit if possible...

about why Mance decided to attack Castle Black and not one of the other unmanned castles...that is something i wondered while reading the books as well :dunno:

I couldn't care less if Stanners was in this episode, but upon rewatch what bothered me is how cliche this episode was. By no means is it overly cliche compared to other TV shows, but as far as Game of Thrones goes this was the most over the top ep yet. You really get the feeling that GRRM was constantly rolling his eyes watching this.

Having said that, yay giants. Yay Ghost.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy

i thought that was the point...wildlings are uncoordinated...

think mance's aim wasnt to take the castle right away, remember that Jon successfully lied and mentioned they have over a 1000 men...thats y he sent the raiding part of Tormund and Thenn's to distract them, bleed the NW...with that logic it would make sense why he sent so few for a frontal assault on the gate, again to distract them, test their defenses, use up their arrows/barrels, bleed them a bit if possible...

about why Mance decided to attack Castle Black and not one of the other unmanned castles...that is something i wondered while reading the books as well :dunno:

They freeze shut the tunnel when they abandon a castle, like Jon wanted to do at Castle Black.

i agree, i don't understand all the hatred out there... there was no way stannis could have made it into this episode, unless you just wanted to see him riding... jon has to meet with mance first... some of the reactions i've seen seem a tad on the childish side

I think the episode deserves more than 6, tbh. 4 and 3 is kinda harsh, and yes, I'm pissed. but I'm calm down now...

Remember when the show runner said that there is a scene in episode 10 that is the most expensive effects shot they've ever done? And people were wondering what it could possibly be? Now we know, it's the Stannis charge.

I hope.

I'm glad they didn't try to jam Stannis in there, he had no place in this episode.

I love what they did with Thorne. On one hand I want him to live and continue to do his thing, but on the other, even though he is a dick that most people probably don't like, it would be sort of difficult to believe anyone would be chosen above him for LC if he were alive and able.

Edited by Bael's Bastard

I think this season will end with the Stannis army coming, so all the other plotlines will be in next season.

Val and Little Monster may be casted for next season. I can't see the point in burning Tormund when you already have a Rattleshirt character. Tormund is the key to the peace pact, and people really like him, so no, I don;t think he'll be burned. Unless they wanna make Mel look more evil than ever